A Taste of Fire Forums

Started by cloud, January 26, 2012, 07:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloud

Each post is a seperate topic BTW.

Sexual Magic (#7): help? In every way.
Uiblis (#21): have you played any rounds/this game before?
Sexual Magic (#7): Nope. Someone told me about this

It's funny because Sexual Magic is bloodwake...

Flamingo (#27)

Date Posted:
Thursday, Dec 29 9:15 PM  Possibly too soon, but, anyone have any ideas as to plans for this round?  
Snowy Fir (#14)

Date Posted:
Thursday, Dec 29 9:35 PM  Well first off, does anyone know someone in the other guild who would be willing to betray their clan and help us?  
Sexual Magic (#7)

Date Posted:
Thursday, Dec 29 9:45 PM  HAHAHAHAHA This game is funny  
Flamingo (#27)

Date Posted:
Thursday, Dec 29 10:08 PM  Well I'm sure some of us would be willing to do the same to the other clan. Best plan for betrayal and just play.  
Dragon (#10)

Date Posted:
Friday, Dec 30 1:53 AM  I can guide you all into perfection but everyone's gotta learn to shut up. We don't win by blabbin. Even when your talkin shut up.
Send everything to either Cloud or Sexual Magic. They're both legends in disguise  
Hipster Foxtrot (#11)

Date Posted:
Friday, Dec 30 6:17 AM  DBD is probably Sevz.

I will send stuff to Cloud, because I trust him more.  
Dragon (#10)

Date Posted:
Friday, Dec 30 7:35 AM  I hate Sevz. Don't insult me and don't abbreviate my name like that. DBD sounds like a flange, you like flanges?  
Faux Fur (#20)

Date Posted:
Friday, Dec 30 8:37 AM  I'm with you krowbar, DBD sounds like Sevz.

Plus the fact he is getting a really good start, Sevz always does.

Edited on Friday, Dec 30 8:40 AM  
Snowy Fir (#14)

Date Posted:
Friday, Dec 30 8:40 AM  30m NW on the first run? Sevs usually does better then that.  
Faux Fur (#20)

Date Posted:
Friday, Dec 30 8:42 AM  if you think that, then he hasn't run then...but anyway I don't think I'm going to run till there's a bit more land.  
Snowy Fir (#14)

Date Posted:
Friday, Dec 30 8:44 AM  No point sitting idle with full turns, get what you can with a run on low land and set yourself up for next run.

Ice and Fire rounds are always land starved because land gets locked up in your own clan.  
Faux Fur (#20)

Date Posted:
Friday, Dec 30 8:53 AM  all right i will i guess  
Hipster Foxtrot (#11)

Date Posted:
Friday, Dec 30 9:53 AM  Alright. I feel that Death Before Dishonor is Kilk or Neo. It doesn't really matter right now. Just make your networth. Also, has Vargarth been messaging anyone else?  
Flamingo (#27)

Date Posted:
Friday, Dec 30 9:58 AM  I haven't received any. And I agree. Run your turns. If you just wait til there is land, it's a waste of everyone's time.  
Domingo (#18)

Date Posted:
Friday, Dec 30 10:16 AM  Vargrath has, just checking on who we all are  

Cloud (#25)

Date Posted:
Friday, Dec 30 11:23 AM

How am I in disguise?

Also in order to pull this off with max efficiency all the indiers need to produce the same troop type, preferably rats because they don't eat as much cash, grab the most last and are overall the most efficient to lose.

The indies will need to get rid of the troops asap for the leaderers to hold onto. Once we accumulate about 1bill NW all the troops should be sent to a Rat so that they can start hitting the emp with battlefield healers to minimize losses and not receive desertion. Even if we don't break him the first attempt it should still cost him considerably and we can get it done the next time.

Also, the last time I played one of these rounds the emperors didn't have any leaders (or were at a terrible ratio) and were very easy to steal from/murder. Does anyone know if this was ever fixed?  
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

cloud

Snowy Fir (#14)

Date Posted:
Monday, Jan 9 11:28 AM  I know we are all happily taking direction from Sevs (Death Before Dishonour), and I understand why: He's good at rwl. But I don't think his plan is working and here is why:

He said he would take down the emperor - that hasn't happened

Instead, he aggravating the enemy and starting a kill war, something we all know to be a newb strategy.

While we waste our time on kills, they are building an emperor on Sharptooth.

So not only have we failed in our objective, we have let them succeed in theirs. I think it may be time for a different direction. I think Sevs has good idea's, but is not cut out for leadership. Can we have a legit vote and see what you guys think? 
Domingo (#18)

Date Posted:
Monday, Jan 9 1:08 PM  I don't care. Just Suicided Sharptooth's leaders. 
Dragon (#10)

Date Posted:
Monday, Jan 9 8:05 PM  I don't wanna explain all the fine details. The strategy to take down there emperor is on standby, they've got no active storage, once sharpies gone they're all dud 
Dragon (#10)

Date Posted:
Monday, Jan 9 8:43 PM  Killing isn't a n00b strategy if everyone works together. What do you expect? when we've got no indies, they're flooding with troops, can't run Stoat cos they sacked 6b food. Kill an indy from 5k and it prevents major damage to us. Sack damage troop losses and turns towards networth

my plan is working, in 2 days it'll show. 
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

cloud

Flamingo (#27)

Date Posted:
Thursday, Jan 19 9:28 AM  with a little over a week left, we need a concrete plan as to getting the Ice Emp.

Basically, whoever has a plan wins. If you don't agree with a plan posted, either propose a better plan or keep your trap shut.

Snowy Fir (#14)

Date Posted:
Thursday, Jan 19 10:11 AM  All I will say is this. Sevs has led us astray. I am even willing to extrapolate and accuse Sevs of coordinating with the other clan. That's how much he has failed us. His plan to kill targeted Ice members has distinctly avoided people who are loyal to him. While we waste our turns making kills, they have continued to store NW, and have even started suicides on our emp.

Sevs took his eyes off our emp weeks ago, and hasn't touched the emp ever since. We haven't attacked the emp since January 6! All this time killing people has been an absolute waste of time.

We need to stop listening to Sevs. He's good at this game - we all know that - but he's not leading us well. Basically he is using us to kill anybody who ticks him off.

The Plan:

From now on, lets keep our eye on the prize. We need to begin stockpiling our resources and we need to start making suicides on the emp. We need to get an espy on the emp so we can even figure out if it's work our time taking it out.

Once we have figured that out, we should slow down the emp by locking up the land. We can easily lock land for a day or two if we focus our indy's making troops to defend 1 guy who has a lot of towers. That will starve them of land, and they won't be able to make any push for NW for the reset, meanwhile we will employ our apparent skill at whomping enemies and start killing NW.

Remember, we should be killing their NW, not them altogether. The difference is huge. Last night I destroyed 250m NW of theirs in 50 turns. Meanwhile Sevs will have to spend 550 turns killing people who are worth no more then 100m NW.... 
Domingo (#18)

Date Posted:
Thursday, Jan 19 11:32 AM  That should work better than the current plan 
Snowy Fir (#14)

Date Posted:
Thursday, Jan 19 12:51 PM  In that case, lets stockpile on me. cloud is doing great for stockpiling, but the NW seems to disappear and I suspect it has something to do with his relationship with Sevs. 
Flamingo (#27)

Date Posted:
Thursday, Jan 19 1:40 PM  Please send a troop request to me and the other indies. 
Flamingo (#27)

Date Posted:
Thursday, Jan 19 5:12 PM  Additionally, could we get an espy on Hounds? 
Cloud (#25)

Date Posted:
Thursday, Jan 19 5:26 PM

The NW didnt disappear, I sent it onto Sevz and Vulpes because they were the only other high NW leaders so that I could run. 
Snowy Fir (#14)

Date Posted:
Thursday, Jan 19 5:41 PM  k 
Domingo (#18)

Date Posted:
Thursday, Jan 19 6:54 PM  If people need food, PM me. Volkov will be difficult. If we can espy their emp however we can kill it...

Edited on Thursday, Jan 19 6:57 PM 
Snowy Fir (#14)

Date Posted:
Thursday, Jan 19 7:23 PM  Well if a stoat scrapes 150k, academies, and gets an espy they might not be able to get many murders in before their ratio is destroyed.

Sevs is the only active stoat we have, so we'd need him to focus on the task instead of on killings. 
Dragon (#10)

Date Posted:
Thursday, Jan 19 7:59 PM  HAHAHAHA. I don't care about bugwall that much. Don't blame me for leading you all astray when you deliberately didn't kill someone SnowyFir ya weak girl. Watch your back chump, he was under 50 acres and you left him on purpose.
Facts are I lost interest when no one was working together
If you all want me to come up with a plan ask me some questions.
It's not hard to take the emperor out, I noticed them taking out ours so I'll get back onto it. We had no indies, they had 2 storers all indies, we got sacked, they get free production. Not my fault

I need 300m net worth of food to get land, i'll run 60/40 huts and tents for suiciding and finish with more huts
It'll work if I dump off the troops at the start of my run. I'll be able to kill about 50m leaders in 1 run. They're doing the same thing but with no effectiveness. 
-Kilk

The Masked Wolf

Quote from: cloud on February 02, 2012, 06:40:08 PM
Aggressive and weak have no correlation. I know a bunch of weak people that are aggressive, and if they get aggressive towards the wrong people they get put in their place. Know your place.

Let's go, say that to mah face...5 words: I don't give a crap! >:

Briar

A tad difficult to read how you posted it, but yes, that's our forum
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

cloud

Yea, if I had a faster internet connection/computer I would have cleaned it up a little more, but I don't so I just copied/pasted it.
-Kilk

Gen. Volkov

Wow, what acrimony. Ice forums are all kitty cats and rainbows compared to that. The worst thing anyone has said has been "Get more active people, we're getting slowly overtaken because people aren't doing anything".
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Durza

The problem we had was too many leaders, too many people trying to get their plan to be the working plan.  We did not focus on the goal, and thus we fail.

The link below is a challenge that my AP physics class had to complete...The Marshmallow Challenge (spaghetti and marshmallow tower building)

http://marshmallowchallenge.com/Welcome.html
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Genevieve

cloud

-Kilk

Genevieve

eugh. that makes it even worse

cloud

Quote from: Genevieve on January 27, 2012, 06:33:10 PM
eugh. that makes it even worse

He posted that like day 2, and you were in our clan. I don't understand?
-Kilk

Genevieve

Huh. I didn't play turbo. I mean, he stole my name. Faux Fur is me, in reg.

cloud

Quote from: Genevieve on January 27, 2012, 06:36:51 PM
Huh. I didn't play turbo. I mean, he stole my name. Faux Fur is me, in reg.

Yea, I'm a big fat liar face. I thought you were Krowdon for some reason.
-Kilk

Kilkenne

The plot thickens. Someone (Rakefur) steals her name, but someone ELSE steals her identity!

E: Them's fightin' words.