Congrats VTN

Started by cloud, February 07, 2012, 12:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloud

Your 8 man team finally reached the NW of a solo player. Time to break out the champagne.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Sevah

They made some threats on me so I chaosed a bit of that net. Lets hope they get the message and leave me alone. Tired of having enemies.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Firetooth

What's the point of this thread, other then acting upset and butthurt?

Don't be so douchey bout internet rats. Not everybody is able to abuse loopholes in the code because they were allowed access to the beta. Most people are learning to play again. What your doing is not worth bragging about, tbh.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Firetooth on February 07, 2012, 08:43:37 AM
What's the point of this thread, other then acting upset and butthurt?

Don't be so douchey bout internet rats. Not everybody is able to abuse loopholes in the code because they were allowed access to the beta. Most people are learning to play again. What your doing is not worth bragging about, tbh.

You sound a little butthurt yourself! lol
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Firetooth

I'm not in VTN, infact I've only just joined up.

Just disappointing people have taken it upon themselves to play the role of internet hard men douchebags and stop everybody who didn't have access to the beta from learning how to play.

I had access to the beta as well, before you play that card.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Wolf Snare

Firetooth, you're a smart guy, please find other words to express your anger.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Sharptooh

Quote from: Wolf Snare on February 07, 2012, 10:25:38 AM
Firetooth, you're a smart guy, please find other words to express your anger.

What like locking most of the land in Turbo and ruining the game for newer players struggling with the new code?

You guys disappoint me sometimes all the time

Wolf Snare

Are you angry?  Please refrain from dragging me into your fit. I ran 1000 turns in BETA to find bugs, if you're implying I abused anything, think again. As I understand you're both getting frustrated that you can't break sevz?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Sharptooh

Where in my post did I imply you abused anything?

Please do point it out to me, I'm finding it hard to see myself . . .

Wolf Snare

Quote from: Sharptooh on February 07, 2012, 10:27:20 AM
What like locking most of the land in Turbo and ruining the game for newer players struggling with the new code?

You guys disappoint me sometimes all the time
Well, we're all new players mate. This is still BETA testing and the code changes often due to suggestions from the player base, all with the main goal of balancing the code. What Sevz is doing has helped Shadow immensely, and to my understanding he has been very cooperative in suggesting fixes for the attack system.

So, I just thought I'd point out that I have no advantage over any of you. I didn't want your "harming new players" comment to be misinterpreted.

Go take a breather bro, this behaviour is not very becoming of you. Would you mind telling me what I did to upset you? I'm sure we can work this out.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

windhound

Sevz is not a solo player -- shall I post the aid logs? 
Don't be disingenuous.  There's also been a lot of effort put in by Sevz's allies to round up the land so he can horde it. 

I conciser this abuse of the beta access. 
Most players with beta access have devoted their time to helping other players learn how to play the game.  Sevz took his advantage and ran with it.  I know I shouldn't have expected any better, and it sure wont happen again.
With most of the server flailing around, trying to find out how the new system works and the best way to use it, Emping is not a great feat that should be trotted out and lauded.  I conciser it shameful, and have half a mind to nuke Sevz and spread the land over the player base. 
This is not helpful, this is embarrassing and an abuse of trust.

Thanks to VTN for finally forming some sort of cohesive resistance.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Wolf Snare

Why are you attacking me? I already stated I did not abuse BETA access to learn any sort of strategy. I actually taught myself a makeshift strat at the beginning of the round, and am teaching people who ask for my help..?
Go check out my "turns used" in the test server, I promise I didn't use it to my advantage, I actually found a 1 attack bug.

Disingenuous?  I never implied sevz was solo, nor did I deny people were helping him. However, Shadow himself stated it was helpful sevz locked the land like this, so he could in turn fix the flaws of the new server. I'd appreciate if everyone got off my back..
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Sharptooh

Mostly what Windhound said.

You can pretend you're being a nice Guy Snare, but at the end of the day you're helping Sevah, who is only using his position as emp to try and force Shadow into implementing changes he wants (well, this is how I see it anyway, it might be different)

Quote from: Wolf Snare on February 07, 2012, 10:40:43 AM
So, I just thought I'd point out that I have no advantage over any of you.

You had beta access, whether you ran only 1000 turns or not is kind of irrelevant, that's 1000 turns more than most people, and it gave you a bit of a kickstart.

You also have the advantage that you're teamed up with other people.

Quote from: Wolf Snare on February 07, 2012, 10:40:43 AM
Would you mind telling me what I did to upset you? I'm sure we can work this out.

Becoming a lackey for Sevah namely, then helping him dominate the server during Beta testing and putting people off of the new code because they can't make much networth, when a large contributing factor to this is locked down land.

Oh and I appreciate you're trying to be friendly, but please do not call me bro.

cloud

Quote from: windhound on February 07, 2012, 11:41:15 AM
Sevz is not a solo player -- shall I post the aid logs? 
Don't be disingenuous.  There's also been a lot of effort put in by Sevz's allies to round up the land so he can horde it. 

I conciser this abuse of the beta access. 
Most players with beta access have devoted their time to helping other players learn how to play the game.  Sevz took his advantage and ran with it.  I know I shouldn't have expected any better, and it sure wont happen again.
With most of the server flailing around, trying to find out how the new system works and the best way to use it, Emping is not a great feat that should be trotted out and lauded.  I conciser it shameful, and have half a mind to nuke Sevz and spread the land over the player base. 
This is not helpful, this is embarrassing and an abuse of trust.

Thanks to VTN for finally forming some sort of cohesive resistance.

People seem confused. I was talking about Me, who cares about Sevz.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Shadow

The value of what sevs is doing is past at this point. And you and his team have been abusing the market to get around aid limits all round, which is what the problem is.

Yes, it is helpful to abuse a bug ONCE, and then undo the damage you did and report it. When you continue abusing things it is not helpful and creates a poor environment for the rest of the game, who might otherwise also be able to actually play things out and test features instead of having to waste time dealing with the fallout of repeating things.

Yes, we can now code out some stuff that should not be there. The problem everyone is having is that you (read: your team) continue to take advantage after the bug is known.

The problem really is that our rules are too loosely defined and are therefore hard to enforce, which we should remedy.

Sevah has actually been anything BUT helpful in this process. The only reason I know problems is from looking at his account, not because he reported anything or was in any way helpful. Which means that I'll have to keep adminning instead of playing over the whole process if I want to get anything done on that front, which is a pain in the butt.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..