End of an...era?

Started by Vengerak, February 07, 2003, 04:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vengerak

Well, that didn't last long. Even I had excpected to cling to life a LITTLE longer, but, ah, what can you do? Retribution was always going to come, it was just a little swifter than excpected.

This is the end for the Sovereign Guard in this Age of Warlords. I hope to return at the time of the reset, but, until then, I am but a shadow, batter, bruised, struggling to survive. I will not delete my account, but it my chances of surviving are bleak.

Witness now the Last March of the Guard.

Stormclaw

Hail to the 8th Emperor, Raine the Liberator, briefly master of Mossflower Country and Beyond.

Hail to the Emperor at the end of this age!

Hail to those who have gone before him, the Eight Emperors and their rules!

Stormclaw, the First, Longest-Ruling, called the Noble.

Spigot, the Second, Most Determined, called the Conqueror.

Shael, the Third, Quickest Rising, called the Benevolent.

Ragefur, the Fourth, Dark Assassin, called the Deciever.

Orcrist, the Fifth, Careful Strategist, called the Pretender.

Haruvar, the Sixth, Good Ruler, called the Great.

Tarsonis, the Seventh, Loud Crier, called the Tyrant.

Raine, the Eighth, Final Emperor, called the Liberator.

Hail to the Emperors as this Era of Empires draws to a glorious close.

All hail!
A Departed Hero...

The First Emperor, Stormclaw, called by history The Noble, Longest-Ruling of the Eight.

Shytalon

Heh... even my stint in the top 20 closed today. How wonderful. *gives Raine a high-five* Join the ranks of the beaten-up.

~Shy, Myuh!
"Like a song,
Out of tune and out of time,
All I needed was a rhyme for you.
C'est la vie."
~C'est la vie, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

~Assisstant to RFF, Rubinsky's Renegades (#15)

Vengerak

Heh. Its been far too long since I've been down here again...

Pretty smart list, Stormclaw. I like your sort of IC flair for writing stuff. Scarce, around here. I find myself trying to AVOID it. Odd.

I think Haruvar deserves more than ''good ruler'', though. He was the most all-encompassing & powerful of the Emperors, perhaps ''mightiest of Emperors'' or something would better suit him?

Shael of Torethevel

*applauds* Poetic list, Stormy! It was great! That would make a terrific story though, it's a shame the admins didn't finish the one on the front page. But with the reset coming up, we can watch a new story of RWL unfold....
~The Lady Shael, Once Empress and Third Ruler of Mossflower Country and Beyond

Warlord(ess) of The Black Raiders, #55
Leader of The Band of Rebels, #225
Founder of The Rebels of Mossflower
Leader of El Queso, #419
Commander of the Daughters of Delor, #679
Lady of The Realm of Unspoken Darkness, #1235

"Good evening, I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?"
~The dairy animal, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Bogfoot

:huh:  'Quickest Rising'? For DOD?  Hehe, only because of your aid Stormy; though I'm sure DOD is a good player anyways.

~Bogfoot/Grenaulk

^^^^ Yes! It is I! You could have probably guessed though when you saw me rereform the Red Ravens...  

Shael of Torethevel

Heh, not really. I didn't have a clue until you just said so. While many people may complain that I only got up there through Stormy's aid, I did have some skill that helped along. (wow! Yes, I actually did! Contrary to what some people say....^_^) Eventually I built up that skill through the DoD account, and it helped a lot through my most previous one, The Realm of Unspoken Darkness, which barely had enough time to get off the ground to fly. (Didn't even make a week, I had to wait a day before I could delete it) Many people were quite surprised to see a warlord number so high (1235) in the top forty already. Truthfully, Josh's 11 million rats did boost me up quite a bit. But soon I sold nearly all of them, because my poor economy couldn't handle that much. Josh's aid pushed me up into the sixties, and in less than two to three days, I pushed myself into the top forty and into the thirties. What was amusing was that while I had my account, I must've gotten 15 requests to join clans, and 90% of them I had never heard of. I turned down IMC, and Northern, and countless others, even an assistant warlord position, and couple other diplomat positions. And the amusing part was that no one who asked to be in their knew who I really was, except for Josh, who offered me a spot in IMC. When I started getting rid of my stuff, I was around rank 150 when I realized I had three times as much land than the people around me. People even started sending me messages remarking how land-fat I was....  :lol:  
~The Lady Shael, Once Empress and Third Ruler of Mossflower Country and Beyond

Warlord(ess) of The Black Raiders, #55
Leader of The Band of Rebels, #225
Founder of The Rebels of Mossflower
Leader of El Queso, #419
Commander of the Daughters of Delor, #679
Lady of The Realm of Unspoken Darkness, #1235

"Good evening, I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?"
~The dairy animal, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Menatus

Wow...impressive account numbers, Shae'. I was Assistant Warlord to Josh for a long time and I never recruited once ^_^;;; I figured people were just asking Josh to join anyway. I got up from 75 to 25 because of his aid! Wowie. But I couldn't handle my pathetic army, so definately not the boost. I lost all my troops basically ^_^;;; I miss my old account.

Holby

Shael's a former double-digiter :unsure:
I got 3m rats from Tarsonis this week, and I was half pleased, and half-annoyed. It destroyed my economy, yet it gave a me a boost when it came to attacking, and I didn't have the heart to sell them- so I destroyed them instead :) Lost 1m fighting 45. Took a good amount of acres, though.
I will not deleted this

calria

is it just me, or did some psychically linked people decide that today was the day for folks to die?

I'm unbeleivably bitter right now...
that's how you feel when you're killed right in before the reset
and you
were number
FOURTY ONE

goodness, it's not right.

Holby

My day has come at last! I'm one of the tenth oldest numbers still in white!  :)
9th, in fact
I will not deleted this

Shytalon

But you're in green. -.-

~Shy, Myuh!
"Like a song,
Out of tune and out of time,
All I needed was a rhyme for you.
C'est la vie."
~C'est la vie, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

~Assisstant to RFF, Rubinsky's Renegades (#15)

Holby

No, in the xepher RWL.
I will not deleted this