USA! USA!

Started by Genevieve, June 07, 2011, 08:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genevieve

Okay, MY BOYFRIEND and I are planning a trip to the US sometime around the end of this year. And seeing as most of you guys live there, you might have some good suggestions. I'm thinking we'll go to California and NYC. What do people suggest seeing? Where should we spend new years? Any other ideas about where to go?

Where else have you all travelled? Where do you want to go?

Can I have my money now please

Shadow

Come visit Canadia!
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Neobaron

Times Square is the default place for New Years.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Genevieve

Canadia another time. January might be too cold there :(.

Maybe times square for nye. But I'm thinking we might not go to NYC until later in January, when it will be heaps cheaper.

The Lady Shael

I wish I could make suggestions but I have not been to California or New York.  :( LA is cool to visit, I've heard, just cause of all the famous peoples' mansions.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Daryn

Try...Time Square definitely, and Central Park, along with those tons of museums.
Pies.

cloud

Phoenix is a lot of fun, and the weather will still be nice at that time. The landscape is actually quite pretty and not all sand like everyone thinks.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Yellow Eyes

New York city itself is tons of fun. There is a lot to do, although around NYE time, it is busy, and crowded. (just google new york city nye and you can see the pictures) But if thats what you want to do, it's freezing cold out, hundreds of thousands of people, but imo it's worth it (I've done it twice).  Otherwise NYC has a bit of every culture, museums, shops, sights, etc. World Trade Center Site, Empire State building, Rockefellar Plaza, Central Park (Could also take a ROMANTIC horse drawn carriage ride through the park).

DC would be a fun place to visit, either a train ride, or plane ride away. Lots of museums, and history there, plus its our nations capital. (feel free to throw eggs...lol)

Chicago...another romantic, but fun city. Lots to do. Same as in every city, but it is my favorite city to be in. Lots of cool museums, Navy Pier is fun, Millennium Park etc.

Orlando FL...just throwing this in because of Disney World...you just have to experience it, enough said.

Los Angeles...is fun if you watch a lot of our movies. Theres hollywood, with Manns Chinese Theatre (where all the hand prints are in the sidewalk) as well as (my favorite place to go to) Mels Drive In, where I have definitely eaten in the vicinity of some very famous people. there is also beverly hills, another cool place to check out. However, the air is really dirty, and might cause some problems for you.

Otherwise have fun in the good ole U S of A

Genevieve

Awesome! Thanks everyone for the ideas. I will start proper planning after I finish exams.

Briar

San Diego/ Coronado are really great places in Cali.

And San Fran is super picturesque
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

The Lady Shael

When you go to California, you should probably go to In-and-Out Burger. I've never been to one myself, but whenever my friends go to California the first thing they do is go to an In-and-Out Burger and then post on Facebook about how awesome it is.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.