Turbo Round

Started by Shadow, October 26, 2010, 09:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hey all,

This round has been much more peaceful than usual. With the exception of my ~10 days of land holding, there has been almost no takedowns, offensive leaders missions, etc. Now, there have been some balance changes recently beyond the custom races, so what is your personal reason for the quiet round? Is it that leader takedowns are now too hard? Is it simply that they are too hard this round with so many people maxxing out ratio? Or is it something else motivating everyone to HPR quietly?

Don't get me wrong, quiet rounds are nice too, I just want to make sure that we have not introduced problems into the game with the recent balance attempts.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Night Wolf

Im personaly not trying to take anyone down because im on top 
And nobody need be compelled to try to take me down;)

Twilight Shadow

Well it has been really quiet for leader attacks because everyone is basically using it if they are on top. Plus the choice for custom makes people able to indy and leader at the same time, very efficiently. Otherwise we would be seeing more leader attacks. Shadow your the one with the most leaders right now I believe making it impossible to leader attack you. But I think you realize this as a more peaceful round compared to the last one with killings, basically all the time.  So I would just say people are just trying to produce and not make war compared to the other rounds; so peaceful is a good word for that. :)

Juska

I haven't had any desire to run turns recently, everyone seems to maxed constantly or I'm stuck taking desertions up and down.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Twilight Shadow

I knew I was forgetting something. For maxed people, I think the maxed turns rate should be changed again to maybe a faster rate to be attacked, instead of one attack every hour to maybe two attacks every half hour, unless you are below 10 k of land so you don't get killed so easily. If that is a possibility.

Shadow

I think that faster unmaxxing should be added too, to balance out the nerf to open atk ops. Not  per haf hour though, maybe 2 per hour, and only on turbo.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

Quote from: Night Wolf on October 26, 2010, 11:43:30 AM

Ditto ^__^

Also agree on the faster unmaxing.  I'll try to get that + a revised merc refill into next turbo round (refill based on attack/defense ratio)
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Blood Wake

I'm so used to Facebook now that I wanted to just "like" windy's last post rather than typing that I agree that faster unmaxing in Turbo is a good idea
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Peace Alliance

Quote from: Night Wolf on October 26, 2010, 11:43:30 AM

He says this literally minutes before he steals from a passive.

Gen. Volkov

For me, it's just that I don't care. As long as my access to land isn't restricted, I'm happy to let everyone else just be left alone. I was kind of curious to see how the round would play out in a somewhat peaceful setting.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES