Idea...

Started by baska, February 13, 2004, 08:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baska

Ok, my idea is as you gain more leaders you can add them to your other types of troops, to make them stronger or more organised....Uh, there was something else about the idea, but i forgot it.....

Nohcnonk

:blink: You mean, like be able to change leaders into other kinds of troops?  Strange...

Juska

He means this: You have 1,000,000 weasles and  100,000 leaders, he wants to take those 100,000 leaders and make them command the weasels. So he has 1 leader for every 1,000 so lets say it boosts weasles attack and defence 10%. If you keep them on defence they would get taking off defending your empire from leader attacks. This of course will boost people who play leaders, and make everyone try to play balanced between leaders and barracks. Though you can just have leaders and buy troops which IMO is OP!!! Now some people may argue that you can sell troops for the same effect, but you still oly have troops not leaders. I think that the leader feast and loot along with the money/food special spells should either be toned hugely or even just got plain rid of. Mean I cant use my rats to loot of anything, that why I like that sack options very much, though you have to put your men out there to get hit. You may say well you need loyalty to  do those things, ya you do, but with the propganda options it's a peice of cake!!!!! 1. Drop or reduce money/food spells 2. Drop or reduce propoganda, maybe make it just for more workers.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

baska

Uh...Yeah, what Juska said. :D  

Retto

I was actually thinking of having something like this impact Flanking...like, if you have a smaller troop:leader ratio, then you have a greater chance of winning.

The thing is, everyone has a lot of leaders. If I was to pick a median sort of range, I'd say that a troop:leader ratio of 8-3 was the norm. And that's all troops vs. all leaders. So, to reward leader players that also have troops, I'd have to set a 4/5 chance of winning at like 2 leaders per troop, and a 3/5 chance at 1 leader per 7 troop, and a 2/5 chance at 1 leader per 20 troops. You think that'd work out?
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Juska

Not everyone has alot of leaders, I guess the thing about flanking would be ok.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19