Land as Aid

Started by Trogdor 22, February 16, 2004, 02:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trogdor 22

Why cant I send land as aid?  I think it would make the game alot more interesting.

Hooray for Santa!
user posted image

Ereptor

What a great idea.  I think though if you gave land as aid you would have to give a certain percent of your reasources also.  Like if you wanted to give someone some land you should give them money, food, workers and an army to support it.  That would have to be a must.
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Retto

Why would it have to be a must? You can give people tons of troops without the food or money to support them. That's more dangerous to your economy than just a bit more land.

Anyway, if it were like that, then instead of attacking you, people would go around, attack you to your limit, then threaten to kill you if you don't give them X Acres.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Trogdor 22

Quote from: RettoWhy would it have to be a must? You can give people tons of troops without the food or money to support them. That's more dangerous to your economy than just a bit more land.

Anyway, if it were like that, then instead of attacking you, people would go around, attack you to your limit, then threaten to kill you if you don't give them X Acres.
Well, how about being able to share land with your clan members only?
Hooray for Santa!
user posted image

Lereac

I think that sending leaders as aid would be nice...

The Weasel Liberation Mov

Sending leaders might be kinda stupid, because there is the max leader/hut ratio. Also, this would allow for a group to come along, pour all their leaders into one person, and then that person could murder or poison the kablooie out of someone.
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

wolf bite

*thinks of sending land to my enemy so that I can mess up his leader ratio, murder his army, and take all his money, then use my ratio to take back my land*

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Juska

*Was gonna post same thing as wolf bite* Land as aid is a baddd thing, same as leaders.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Gen. Volkov

Hehe... *Would do the same thing, but would put all land gained in huts, and have clan send leaders until he lost some from to many per hut*
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ereptor

Quote from: RettoWhy would it have to be a must? You can give people tons of troops without the food or money to support them. That's more dangerous to your economy than just a bit more land.

Why are you guys so scared of intimidation tactics?  I mean if you are creating a game that makes it hard to use those tactics you are not being fair to your players.  Anyway i just thought that giving land is a primary reasource so you might have to have a penalty for doing that which would be food money or troops or something.
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

The Weasel Liberation Mov

What wolf said makes a lot of sense. While Leader-Loot (Leader-Goldmine, actually) should be weakened as a viable strat, leaders themselves should not become useless like that.
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th