Flicthaye Strat

Started by Pikepaw, May 07, 2003, 06:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pikepaw

I know I am just a newbie but I have an idea.  There is only one flitcheye on turbo so I was thinking to avoid attacks just burrow and then build your army and networth rank till a lot of players are dead or out of the way and strike.  You will probably prove the faults but remember that it is just an idea. :strange-eyed:  
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Ruatine

All people would have to do is prepare raiders. Burrowing doesn't keep you from getting hit. It just makes it so that people have to prepare their raiders to attack you.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Pikepaw

I thought of that.  I just heard that if you have enough leaders and huts it would be impossible for somone to prepare raiders against you.  Also I would check if  someone had raiders out (It's on turbo) and attack them first.
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Kilkenne

That'd take a lot of time and effort to probe all those around you for raiders prepared...I don't really know if that's the best tactic, you can make someone who's purposely holding down their networth extremely angry, and then you're in for it.

Pikepaw

On turbo the scores list shows if you can attack sombody or not, there is only a few Flitcheye on turbo and to my knowladge only one is in the burrowed Northlands so if that guy didn't have raiders out, then the only person they could attack would have radiers out. <_<  

Ruatine

FYI: There are only 3 flitcheye on turbo. 2 are under protection still, and 1 is on vacation. The one on vacation is in burrowed Northlands.

It takes a little time to go through the news search to see if the guy who's in burrowed Northlands has attacked someone recently. Then after you'd done that, you would have to guess whether he had his raiders prepared or the person whom he hit had his raiders prepared. And I couldn't tell from your posts whether you know this or not, but the scores list on turbo only shows whether you yourself have your raiders prepared. It doesn't show if someone else does.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Pikepaw

Oh, well how long is it going to take for someone to figure out who is the Flitcheye in the Burrowed Northlands.  I'll give you a hint they have an account on this forum and he/she is one of the worst newbies.

Ruatine

I can't say that I know anybody by that description.  ;) There are no really bad newbies on the forums. *nods*  

Pikepaw

#1 by the vote of the most newbish newbie.  TAKE A HINT!

RazorClaw

Why not just, say, tell us? Really, for a Canadian merc, you ought to be able to do that. And, being from Canada, do you follow hockey? :D   ::agrees:: ?  ::disagrees:: ?  

Ruatine

*laughs* I don't want to take a hint. I don't think you're a bad newbie. You don't spam like you used to when you first came, and you use correct spelling and punctuation. It shows that you have the maturity to listen to constructive criticism. *pats Pikepaw on the back* You're a good newbie well on your way to middlebiedom.

The Beatles

Middlebiedom... I like burgoisie words like that. Sort of round-ish. Like porthole, which is even better than a window. Or those cute hobbit doors, you know, bigger, so you can throw people out, but not exactly like small portholes. Always liked smials, yes I have. 'Xcept for the name. Sounds like a vial of poison. If smials had a rounder name, it would be better... Like Bilbo's name, you know. Sort of like a ... "bolbip". Yes, sounds good. Ach weel. Scottish is a hard, edgy sort of language.

Pikepaw

It's me.  I am The Taggerung on turbo (the only Flitcheye in the burrowed Northlands), how many hints do you need.  Teufel thank you about what you said, it was very kind.  I just pretend I'm a mercenary RazorClaw and even though I am Canadian, I am not much of a hockey fan, in fact the only sport I like is skiing for fun but I don't watch any skiing compatitions or anything like that.  I'm just not a sports fan, thats all.

RazorClaw

Quote from: Teufel*laughs* I don't want to take a hint. I don't think you're a bad newbie. You don't spam like you used to when you first came, and you use correct spelling and punctuation. It shows that you have the maturity to listen to constructive criticism. *pats Pikepaw on the back* You're a good newbie well on your way to middlebiedom.
Look in the topic of the possibility of my Oldbiedom. Hmmph. Me, imature? Pish tosh, wot wot!

Badrang the Tyrant

Just to make sure, am I a middlebie yet?  I mean I've been here for a long time and have corrected my "newbie ways".  

Pikepaw, I think you are getting out of being a newbie really easy.  I mean I've been here for two ages and people are just now saying I'm a middlebie.  No offense or anything.