Worst Race

Started by Death Eater, June 07, 2004, 06:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonewolf

At the 1994 annual awards dinner given for Forensic Science, AAFS, President Dr. Don Harper Mills astounded his audience with the

Nohcnonk

Crow is the worst race, period. XD Everyone that thinks otherwise must have serious mental problems... even the average rat is better than crow...

And why is weasel bad? o_O You can mass skiffs, and leaders are strong as well, right?

~>John<~

Well now, I change. Crow is the worst, but you can still do well as minuses can be overcome easily with certain strats
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

calria

Quote from: NohcnonkCrow is the worst race, period. XD Everyone that thinks otherwise must have serious mental problems... even the average rat is better than crow...

And why is weasel bad? o_O You can mass skiffs, and leaders are strong as well, right?
Perhaps weasel would be bad for rat-massing strats? Just a thought...

Ashyra Nightwing

Yep, a weasel is hard to successfully rat-mass with ...

Devari

Strangely enough. I'm better with Weasel than Wolf.

On-topic, Rat. Not crow, for the reason Juby stated. :D

Plus that awful Raven/Wolf deficit.

Nohcnonk

Quote from: calria
Quote from: NohcnonkCrow is the worst race, period. XD Everyone that thinks otherwise must have serious mental problems... even the average rat is better than crow...

Perhaps weasel would be bad for rat-massing strats? Just a thought...
That's like saying that Switzerland is a better country than the U.S. because it's less crowded.  I'm judging the races overall.  Weasels may be worse at massing rats than crows (somehow), but weasels can do lot of other things better than crow.  Judging the races by the strat that you use is closeminded.  Judging a race by the strat that works best with it is one way of doing it.  Example: Marten may have a lot of negative sides but you can do very well if you use them to make money with leaders, and buy troops at a discounted price.  It's just that calling weasels are the worst race just beause they can't mass rats doesn't make sense to me.

Just using your example to show how I'm thinking, Sarah.  I'm pretty sure that you knew that I wasn't trying to dis your suggestion or anything. ^_^

Random Thought

i'm going to have to say crow
I believe that with a keen eye for details, one truth will prevail.

Devari

Whoops. Meant to say leaders.

BTW, rat-massing is fine with Weasels. I had over 10 million two eras ago.

Weasel is as good for leader-loot as most races.

I'd rank the races:

1. Wolf
2. Weasel
3. Wildcat
4. Marten

In terms of leader playing. Marten leader deficit == Steal-o-rama. :D

Naltaca

Weasel is by far not the worst race out there. Has anyone seen my banner? I was the winner of the hacked era, even though I got robbed and it was very close, I still won that era. And what race was I? I was a weasel. That's right, I won that round with a weasel. Weasel is not the best race but is the best remmedy for getting around wildcats which is arguably the best race out there on turbo now that the black market is disabled. Crow is absolutely the worst race. It has nearly all negative skills and it has no leaders ability. It may perhaps, as juby said, be feared because that could be an awsome player but that race is still bad.
COOL STORY BRO

~>John<~

plus, in this test you have to judge it on it's own without the response of other players.
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Naltaca

Quote from: ~>John<~plus, in this test you have to judge it on it's own without the response of other players.
Very true. The title is not "which race inspires the most fear". It's which is the worst race.
COOL STORY BRO

~>John<~

And so its crow :)

Though some could be deemed worse based on the what the majority of players were using if we were allowed to include the response

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Devari

Still think Rat... That much of a leader deficit sucketh.

Weasel is one of the best races - for me.

Then again, I play reg, not turbo.

Random Thought

i think rat and crow are pretty equally bad, unless you're going to get a stockpile of cash on lottery tickets  :huh:  
I believe that with a keen eye for details, one truth will prevail.