Super Retal

Started by Sevz, January 02, 2010, 04:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf Snare

Firetooth there is no logic in your post whatsoever. If you are going to diss diplomacy, a major tactic in this game, do it outside of the reg discussion board. This is a strategy game, and diplomacy is vital. There is also a code of honour that is followed at every promi site, and backstabbers and weasels get burnt. Manipulation is frowned upon. I expected you of all people to know that as you've played in a lot of places. That having been said, if you are just going to trash talk the fact that this is a game, do it in the "real life" section.

This move tells me that Marrell is a snake, but  depending on his explanation for his trickery, I may be able to forgive him. Of course, that isn't going to save him from a vicious beating for the next few months. Clear your calender.

....But as Peace said, there is always room to redeem himself, as he is and always has been a respectable and impeccable player, as both an ally and enemy. I guess all I can say is I didn't really expect him to do that .

And finally, Sevz and me used to battle it out for dominance. We were our own worst enemies before we teamed up because we both have egos and the skills to back them up. He never once backstabbed me, I saw it as a brilliantly strategical maneuver which landed me on my [Behind]. Lesson learned. Much the same as the time I online market thefted shadow and made him delete. Lesson learned and it never happened again. Thus is life; live, and try to learn as much as you can on the way.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Genevieve

Why am I on this list? I hope it's for the "Super" part and not the "Retal" - I am pretty super.

All I did was attack for your land, because you had a lot. I guess I understand why Marell is there, if he said he was your ally or whatever, but alliances seem to change in seconds in this game anyway. And I know you have some kind of problem with Shads, so he is a permanant fixture on your list. But I don't think I've ever pledged allegiance to you, and I didn't think you ever had a problem with me - so aren't I just another player gathering some land from you?

Anyway, my empire has little to no value, so feel free to waste your turns.

Firetooth

Quote from: Wolf Snare on January 03, 2010, 06:31:02 AM
Firetooth there is no logic in your post whatsoever. If you are going to diss diplomacy, a major tactic in this game, do it outside of the reg discussion board. This is a strategy game, and diplomacy is vital. There is also a code of honour that is followed at every promi site, and backstabbers and weasels get burnt. Manipulation is frowned upon. I expected you of all people to know that as you've played in a lot of places. That having been said, if you are just going to trash talk the fact that this is a game, do it in the "real life" section.

Manipulation is cheap, but it is not cowardly. Infact, considering the forum flaming you end up recieving, it's arguably "less" cowardly.
Like I said, why are we arguing about a code of honour indepth about an online game?
I was not insulting diplomacy at all. Find the part I said that. I said diplomacy can end up as a mess, which I think this thread proves.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Wolf Snare

You're right, you basically only insulted the game. You also failed to acknowledge that diplomacy existed and act as if this game should be a chaotic free for all. There are always repercussions to our actions, and I don't care if you make fun of us for arguing about this game, it's irrelevant; the same assumptions can be made about real life, our problem is the lack of morals on his part, not the pixels we lost.

Regardless of whether you acknowledge, this game has a certain etiquette when it comes to these sort of things, and it has always been majorly frowned upon to back stab supposed allies. Other than that? I think you're just arguing for the sake of it now.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

Quote from: Wolf Snare on January 03, 2010, 07:00:44 AM
You're right, you basically only insulted the game. You also failed to acknowledge that diplomacy existed and act as if this game should be a chaotic free for all. There are always repercussions to our actions, and I don't care if you make fun of us for arguing about this game, it's irrelevant; the same assumptions can be made about real life, our problem is the lack of morals on his part, not the pixels we lost.

Regardless of whether you acknowledge, this game has a certain etiquette when it comes to these sort of things, and it has always been majorly frowned upon to back stab supposed allies. Other than that? I think you're just arguing for the sake of it now.
I was not "laughing" at anybody. I was stating people get too riled up. YOu said the key word. "Game."Obviously, you shouldn't be too complacent. But when you spend most of the time arguing with other people instead of playing the game, it gets boring. How many threads like this have we had so far?
I did not insult the game at all. Chatoicness (is that a word?) is what makes the game fun. But lately, since Peace ,iirc, emped everybody's wanted to be the "Next Peace Alliance," where as befrore we had ages with no emperor attempts. My point is it's getting to the point where emping isn't special because it's so common.
I stated that you cannot be a coward on a text based game. It's simply not possible. Infact, seeing as Marell is in a group of about three people standing up to Sevz, he's actually less of a coward then all the people sucking up to him...
You responded in outrage, and accused me of not acknowledging all sorts of things in the game.

But yeah that post of mine is incorrect. Besides numbers, there is reputation on stake as well. But whether reputation is positive or negative depends on your opinion. Some people would say "Marell is a backstabbing coward," others will say he stood up to Sevah. Some people hated Ereptor's empship, many other thought he was a brilliant villain.

But seeing as you completely misinterpret everything I've said in this thread, I better stop before there's calls of "you said emperorship has no place in the game?"
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Marell

Wow. I didn't quite expect everyone to hate me so much for yesterdays events...I wish I was better at putting my thoughts into words, but here goes...

I wasn't working with Sev, and never agreed to any kind of alliance. We're (we were?) mates and have been all along, but nothing official in reg...nothing that prevented him from occasionally stealing and sacking me and taking out my allies.

I'm working mainly with Gen and Shadow and a few others, and have been all along. The effectiveness of our plan depends on how much land is available... Sev and Peace at Blackfly were once again trying to lock the land so we decided to free some up again.

Yesterday, by chance, Genevieve, Shadow and I were all online at once. I massed rats to Shadow which he would use at some time in the near future to break whoever was locking. It was at around this point that Sev started talking to me on msn, and spoke of his plan to dominate the game and then boost his mates up with him, me included. This was the first time he'd mentioned this to me in any way shape or form. I've got my own plans in the game, and this seemed a little like a last ditch attempt to stop me from touching his land at all. You see, along with being a very skilled player, Sev isn't too shabby with diplomacy. Good at getting everyone to be an ally, without them actually being on his team. If I was on his team I wouldn't have done what I did, but we've been going our own way in reg so far, so I didn't see why taking a bit of land would be a problem.

It came to Gens turn to run and we figured we already had enough rats to break Sev for his 250k land. I was hesistant because of what Sev had told me moments earlier, but everyone involved was very keen to get at the land, and I would have felt selfish telling my closest allies not to make the break. So I gave it the green light.

If people consider this backstabbing, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm a loyal ally, and always have been.

... Oblit Merrell has done a good job of switching from side to side, telling people what they want to hear for a month now. This dithering has, in my mind, stripped of his credibility. I'll continue to give him opportunities to redeem himself, but 'eh, you can only flip flop so many times before you lose the election.
[quote/]

I don't think I've been switching sides Peace. I've had a set plan all along, with the same allies all along...I told you a time would come when I'd tell you all about it. I need to catch you on msn some time.

Very cowardly Marrel. If there is one thing I hate in this it is betraying cowards who pull crap like this. Had you done it legit without claiming allies, it would be different.
Shadow, I am one of the few that know what you have actually accomplished so far in reg, and it's taken alot of restrain to have left you alone this long. You can count on that ending now.
[quote/]

I've said it already, but to reinforce, I never claimed allies. I don't know if I even responded to Sev's suggestion, I was running, and he was more talking with Alazar, who was also in the msn convo at the time.

Argh I'm tired, I'll be back to defend myself again tomorrow, though hopefully what I've said will make you all realise my actions were reasonable.

Shadow

Marell was openly againt Blackfly all along. I don't understand why people think he backstabbed anyone. BLackfly set up a locking account, and Marell took it down. If Sevs chose to tell Marell his plans while he was being taken down, that is his mistake. Marell did not ask for it, nor did he agree to ally. There was no backstabbing, to my understanding.

If you want to retaliate and smash people for taking your land by all means do so, but don't try to take apart Marell's character. He did nothing wrong. He was Blackfly's enemy from day one, and his part in taking Sevs land should not come as a surprise when it was Blackfly that gave t to him.

This bears repeating, just so everyone is absolutely clear. Marell did not agree to ally Sevs. They were friends, not allies. I am friends with Peace, yet I fight him every now and again. That is not backstabbing. Marell did not backstab Sevs, nor has he flipflopped on anything. Sevs is just annoyed at having someone stand up to him, for once.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

Quote from: Shadow on January 03, 2010, 09:16:50 AMBLackfly set up a locking account, and Marell took it down.

See, that's the thing though...   Sevz is still up there, 2nd with a bil net.  It wasnt really a take down.  Just the land.
I mean, Sticker's still in first

Quote from: Sevz on January 02, 2010, 10:16:45 PM
Quote from: windhound on January 02, 2010, 01:43:31 PM
Reason?
Quote from: Shadow on January 02, 2010, 01:45:57 PM
We took his land

Please someone muzzle this Shadow loser

Seems like a lot of crap about nothing at all... 
I mean really?  A guy with a ton of land gets broken with rats.  Why is this special?
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

QuoteSee, that's the thing though...   Sevz is still up there, 2nd with a bil net.  It wasnt really a take down.  Just the land.
I mean, Sticker's still in first

Indeed. Our intention was to keep land flowing. We did little damage.

Sevz

I'm working mainly with Gen and Shadow and a few others, and have been all along. The effectiveness of our plan depends on how much land is available... Sev and Peace at Blackfly were once again trying to lock the land so we decided to free some up again.

That's why all 3 of you are going to get taken out

I'm still friends with marell but he's an enemy now and the land isn't free'd up, it's thoroughly spread.

If your my mate you should of told me you don't accept the alliance or that i'm about to get attacked. I could of passed off my troops and made some resources with the land.
You knew i considered you a brother emp.

As far as manipulation goes, there's good ways and bad ways. If i can manipulate all the toughest kings to join forces and acquire power i will. Deception is a bad thing.

In regards to Shadow, please don't mention my existence in the forums. Stomp me in the game all you want, i don't want to read or reply to your posts about me
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Gorak

This is the most confusing war in the history of prom
'course that's prolly because I'm kept (and I believe intentionally so) out of the loop by my own clan
which is fine, I can work with just basic marching orders
it just limits what I can offer

Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteRegardless of whether you acknowledge, this game has a certain etiquette when it comes to these sort of things, and it has always been majorly frowned upon to back stab supposed allies. Other than that? I think you're just arguing for the sake of it now.

Personally I think Sevz is trying to have his cake and eat it too. He "backstabbed" me when Juska and I were attacking Snare low, and Sevz sent Snare 50 mil rats, even though Sevz had already said multiple times that he was on my side. Then later on Sevz switches sides on me completely, and Peace sends him a bunch of net. But I took it in stride, because I knew all along that Sevz was more or less out for himself. However, I don't think it's really fair for Sevz to just switch sides, and then get mad when Marell, Gen, and Shadow who had been fighting BlackFly all along go after him for it. You guys are all free to do whatever you want, but I don't really see this as being about morals.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sevz

I told ya Snare is my bro and don't kill him.

I never turned against you bro, i joined blackflies but i didn't do anything to you. Also, that same day i saved Marell from being killed by Snare.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI told ya Snare is my bro and don't kill him.

And I told you I wasn't trying to kill him, and anyway, you didn't even bother to ask, I was on MSN at the time.

QuoteI never turned against you bro, i joined blackflies but i didn't do anything to you.

Thing about that is, BlackFly had already declared itself my enemy at that point. You may not have done anything directly too me, but you did join my enemy.

QuoteAlso, that same day i saved Marell from being killed by Snare.

True.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

QuoteIn regards to Shadow, please don't mention my existence in the forums. Stomp me in the game all you want, i don't want to read or reply to your posts about me

Sevs, you started this topic and brought me into it. If I see you spouting BS, I will call you out on it, and you need to find a mature way to deal with it.