We scout all this land...

Started by Night Wolf, May 28, 2010, 06:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Wolf

...and SS and FM are the ones who end up with it  :'(. When me and dennis have time to run we spend our turns trying to bring more land into the game so it isnt all locked up and nobody fricken uses it, nobody fricken tries to defend it they just let the fricken enemies take it all willy-nilly. Yes we dont bring vast amonts of land into the game but each time we both run we make somewhere between 32-34K land that everybody besides SS and FM sould be taking advantage of!!! Come on you guys your just giving them more land to make holby even more powerfull. Such a waste of turns I might as well PM them every time I plan on running..."more free land take it nobody else wants it". But long rant short PEOPLE START USING THE LAND WE MAKE!!!!(except for SS and FM keep your grubby little fingers off my land its not for you  >:( )

Twilight Shadow

For one if you are saying this people would like to know who you are?

Night Wolf

I am Night Wolf, Dennis is the elemental. Go use all the land we made today.

24 ? Landfarm (#29)  ------>49,459  <------
TAKE IT BEFORE THEY DO!!!!

Twilight Shadow

Twilight Shadow

for one no one can keep it because no one can defend themselves against them.

Night Wolf

*knock knock* Anybody home?

Use the land to make a defence, yall should be able to figure something out, for gods sake half their bloody team is in vacation!!!!

Shadow

You would think you would have learned by now that all the extra land does is make Holby stronger. The land yo umake might have one or two people run with it before Holby gets it if you are lucky, but once Holby has it, it's his for life.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Holby

Night Wolf,

It's easy to get angry at everyone else if you feel like you're the only one doing something, and I understand where you're coming from. Adding land to the game would have been my first move, too, but I would never use my own turns doing it. Fact is, it's easy to do and doesn't require much time or responsibility. I'd get a team of more inexperienced players to do it for me. It's a great step for sure, but it conveniently eliminates your own responsibility to do something more productive.

More importantly, if you're not working with anyone else to use that land, you defeat the purpose of doing it in the first place. The presence of land won't get a takedown done, it's merely a tool to make that job easier. Adding land to the game has to be part of a wider goal for your team, it is never going to be beneficial without direction.

You can't really expect everyone else to suddenly rise up and do stuff just because there's a little more land in the game. There always has to be an eventual conclusion and purpose, or it could go on forever.

Don't get too worked up over it, find yourself a bigger team and a more thorough plan. Good luck.
I will not deleted this

Twilight Shadow

Quote from: Shadow on May 28, 2010, 08:05:12 PM
You would think you would have learned by now that all the extra land does is make Holby stronger. The land yo umake might have one or two people run with it before Holby gets it if you are lucky, but once Holby has it, it's his for life.
Can't believe I am saying this but... Told you so Night Wolf :P

Gen. Volkov

The thing is Night Wolf, no one can defend against us. We have billions in troop net. Whatever line of troops we choose to attack with, we annihilate whatever the defender has. So listen to Holbs.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Night Wolf

You would think you would have learned by now that all the extra land does is make Holby stronger.
I already realized that thus the complaining  :P

Quote from: Holby on May 28, 2010, 08:12:44 PM
Fact is, it's easy to do and doesn't require much time or responsibility. I'd get a team of more inexperienced players to do it for me. It's a great step for sure, but it conveniently eliminates your own responsibility to do something more productive.
Tried that found out nobody else wants to do it, Imagine that  ::). And trust me if I had time to do anthing else or somewhat regular computer access so I could do something more productive I would.

You can't really expect everyone else to suddenly rise up and do stuff just because there's a little more land in the game. There always has to be an eventual conclusion and purpose, or it could go on forever.

Don't get too worked up over it, find yourself a bigger team and a more thorough plan. Good luck.
I can always hope. :P And I did have a large team but they abandonded me :'(

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on May 28, 2010, 09:26:55 PM
The thing is Night Wolf, no one can defend against us. We have billions in troop net. Whatever line of troops we choose to attack with, we annihilate whatever the defender has. So listen to Holbs.
They could use the land we make to slowly make a defence there's pleanty of smart little warlords out there they should be able to come up with a plan.

Twilight Shadow

And nightwolf you need to find something better to do than complain instead of spending your time complaining and writing these pointless posts that no one really cares for do something productive and do what is suggested or better...

Daryn

Quote from: Twilight Shadow on June 11, 2010, 10:34:00 PM
And nightwolf you need to find something better to do than complain instead of spending your time complaining and writing these pointless posts that no one really cares for do something productive and do what is suggested or better...

Dude, you don't need to be so harsh. -_-. We all have feelings.
Pies.

Twilight Shadow

Just saying it is pointless to complain you WILL LOSE the land and he should do something about it or shut his mouth!

Holby

Quote from: Night Wolf on June 11, 2010, 04:58:24 PM
You would think you would have learned by now that all the extra land does is make Holby stronger.
I already realized that thus the complaining  :P

Fact is, it's easy to do and doesn't require much time or responsibility. I'd get a team of more inexperienced players to do it for me. It's a great step for sure, but it conveniently eliminates your own responsibility to do something more productive.
Tried that found out nobody else wants to do it, Imagine that  ::). And trust me if I had time to do anthing else or somewhat regular computer access so I could do something more productive I would.

I can always hope. :P And I did have a large team but they abandonded me :'(

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on May 28, 2010, 09:26:55 PM
They could use the land we make to slowly make a defence there's pleanty of smart little warlords out there they should be able to come up with a plan.
I admit it's a little late in the game now. But this is still the biggest opportunity you've had to make a name for yourself as a player and strategist. I understand about the time thing, but really, if you're not prepared to put in the actual work, it just helps us.

If you're struggling to get help, get inventive! Hit up all those players that ever owed you a favour, and pressure them to help. Bring back players who have left the game or gone inactive. If you don't have time to run the entire scheme, make an initial plan and then have someone else run it. Getting new players to scout for you should be easy, if you offer them food and cash. A couple of bil cash and a few hundred million food a run will make their scouting sacrifice seem like a good idea.

The single player who could have brought us down easily was Bob, he had 1.3 bil Net in vacation. All it would have taken was a set up run with Indyers making troops, and then timing it with his coming out of vacation. I would have been broken with one run's worth of work. Bob ended up trying to do it alone, after we tricked him into believing I had no defenses. One conversation to set up a straightforward takedown would have made it a success.

I wish I could take me down  ;)
I will not deleted this