admin power abuse

Started by lonewolf1817, January 27, 2010, 03:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

Quote from: Holby on February 02, 2010, 08:03:09 PM

The game and the forum are two separate things.

Shadow is a moderator of the forum, not an admin, and he has NO power in game.

Good point Holby
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gorak says
and sevs, you do nothing but run your mouth.

Did you notice me win by heaps on turbo last round or were you too busy with your 28 on 7 battle in reg?

Let's ruckas anytime little man
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Peace Alliance

New rule. You guys are only allowed arguing with us when you're sober.

GL

Sevz

*Sevz sits in the naughty chair*
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Gorak

I don't play turbo, nor will I play any fast turn rate game, nor do I like playing multiple servers at a time.
I have a busy life style that dictates I do not put much time into online text games, or any video games in general.
that being said
Sevz, your all talk.

http://forums.valhallgames.net/viewtopic.php?t=10371&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=sevah

if you insist, I'll quit Fairmaiden just to dual you in Reg.
Course that would prolly mean having to revolt, but whatever
just don't expect me to be very active
I'm happy with running turns once or twice a week
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

wolf bite

Sorry I stepped in late. I thought this topic was about letting the Admins abuse people. hehe

I recall many times players got into fights with the staff. We try to be fair. This site has one of the best reputations at being fair. I may not be fully versed on what was going on, but I think I have the idea and where the problem was.

So the right decision was made, but by the wrong person. I would have handed out the same warnings and the gag from what I have seen. Big deal, I agree we would look better had the hammer been handed to someone not involved in the fight. Same end result.

So we are sorry we did not have someone else do the gag and you are sorry you deserved the gag.

Group hug!!!

Let us move on,

Wolf Bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Sevz

You're a very highly respect player and admin Wolf Bite
The indiscretions here are petty and comical without being funny.

The issue that everyone sees is Shadow's constant bullying or belittling of me. He's done it to other people. I've seen it before my time. If he was making fun of me, i could easy go with it. His words always sound bitter and jealous. If he wants my respect as a Mod, he's gotta earn it by acting more like WindHound. Mod's shouldn't be known to hold grudges for extended periods. End of the day, i play a few other places against better competition in a server that's fair game. I wouldn't bother posting much around here if i wasn't getting flamed or offended.

Marell

Quote from: Sevz on February 03, 2010, 10:02:38 PM
The issue that everyone sees is Shadow's constant bullying or belittling of me. He's done it to other people. I've seen it before my time. If he was making fun of me, i could easy go with it. His words always sound bitter and jealous. If he wants my respect as a Mod, he's gotta earn it by acting more like WindHound. Mod's shouldn't be known to hold grudges for extended periods. End of the day, i play a few other places against better competition in a server that's fair game. I wouldn't bother posting much around here if i wasn't getting flamed or offended.

Seriously Sev?
I've followed this arguement since it began months ago, and imho, it has always been you making the first move. Ingame, and in the forums.
I'm not making a biased statement here, just stating it the way I've seen it happen.

You're constantly out to lower Shadows reputation, and then make a big deal of it when he can actually be bothered replying to your insults.

I say this because I had a look back through your earlier posts and theres a distinct point (around when you probably learnt of Shadows great reputation here) that your posts all turn to "Shadows got nothing, I annihilated him today" or "Shadow is a code-abuser"...and Shadow had done nothing to you before that point except give you two language warnings and a further warning for the day you made an innapropriate remark about Lady Shael, to which you replied something like "I think Shadows hiding something".

lonewolf1817

correction wolfbites post was the best thus far. Im over it, we should all be moving on.
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

wolf bite

Thanks guys.

No one can make another person feel bad. It is all within ourselves as to who we feel we are.

As far as a reputation, that can be another thing. If we truly have earned it, then none can break what is already known.

I know there is a point were if an untrue statement is said too much, then some action must be taken to stop untrue statements from being put into the thoughts of others to question a fact they should know. And also that we hold those who have been granted authority at a higher level.

There is the downside of being on the staff. We are expected to take elbow nudges and minor blows on the forums and to say nothing. If a member of the staff says something even similar to what others may say, it is pointed out with vigor. Sometimes the statements of one of the staff feels like the whole staff is after someone.

Who made the first blow and who escalated it, is no longer important. Both sides are winded and back in their corners only watching replays on the big screen. Both persons are wishing this had never come to blows. The fight is over. Strange how life turns out, the person we had a fight with often becomes in time the person we end up trusting the most.

Cookies and milk in the east atrium?

Wolf Bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite

Death

Before I even say this, I think that everyone on the staff does a fine job most of the time, and I don't really care if they abuse their power in the first place. They run the site that we kill a few minutes every so often using, we owe them thanks.

RWL staff members don't do their jobs properly all of the time. Plenty of people know. I've dealt with it multiple times, and plenty of others have. Some people are punished differently than others based on popularity or seniority, or by the personal relationship between the staff member and member in question. The admins do not care. When I brought something up before I was clearly told that nothing would be done and all moderators would be blindly supported by the admins no matter what.

So just don't waste your time, move on, it was only three days.

For the record, as much poo as I have said about Sevah in the past, I find him to be quite pleasant. An butt who brags constantly. But a pleasant one.

Sevz

Thanks Death, Everyone needs to chill.

Marell, Shadow has gone back and edited every single post that would make him look bad. I wouldn't suspect you be able to trace all the action. Sometimes i'll reply with things that are completely irrelevant to anything previously said. He has also done many things to intentionally bring my name down. I've dealt with heaps of people like this (over the net) best way to do it is not back down and flame them worse than they can handle.
The fight is over. I'll keep beating everyone in the game and he'll find someone else to bully on the forums. He's got a grudge against Alazar, i'll sit back and watch his ego grow by putting someone down.
As far as skills are concerned, I've never seen what the hype is about.

wolf bite

Thank you Sevz, this started on the battle feild and best to stay there now.

With LoneWolf (who started the topic) fine with it ended, Sevz has moved on, and Shadow shows no want to bicker, and everyone else has put in their input, there is no more need for this topic besides giving someone a reason to restart the fight.

*Closed*

Thanks all for the very mature ending.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite