Stupid rules & gagging.

Started by Vengerak, July 20, 2003, 04:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holby

Veranor- 50k super stoats from Industrial, courtesy of the bug allowing me to you-know-what on the line in the outcome of my post being moderated.
Won't happen...
(hehe)
I will not deleted this

Veranor

You're on!

EDIT: Is gambling against the rules?  
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Holby

QuoteThese rules can be changed at the whim of the admins and mods.
From The "Forum Rules" topic. You know, I think we've probably forced a new rule unintentionally. (Asuming it's not there.) We are now officially famous! *Celebrates*

(Should I be hoping they add that?)
I will not deleted this

Veranor

Gambling on Mod's choices? Hmmmm Hmmm, I hope not, it's so fun!
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Holby

Yeah, but unfortunately, there's no "RWL Gamblers Helpline" yet. I think we should wait for one.
*Waits*
*Waits*
*Waits*
*Thinks better of it*
I feel like upping the ante (or whatever the word is. Help me out, someone). Let's throw in that cool rat that makes all the towers...  
I will not deleted this

Veranor

Oh all right.... They can't ban gambling, I mean it's supported by the game!
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Holby

*Thonks head* Of course! Good show. I've heard rats are avid gamblers. You know, Luck of the Devil an' all.
I will not deleted this

wolf bite

The first flush toilet was invented by Sir Thomas Crapper. I bet his ancestors really love how his name has been immortalized.

The United States Supreme Court defines Speech is obscene: "if it describes or depicts sexual conduct that, taken as a whole, by the average person:  Appeals to the prurient interest is sex and patently offensive on a community standard and lacks serious value using a national reasonable person standard."

However, knowing there may be a 10 year old reading this forum. How hard is it to say ?gee," ?gosh?, ?dang it.?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Vengerak

I would sooner be castrated than resort to having to say "Golly gee! You're [edit] tootin' mistah' Wolfie!".

Thanks for the definition of obscene, though, that further confirms that some of the aforementioned words are not profance.

As for gambling, heck, there's a Lottery option, guys!

Ruatine

:rolleyes:  You could say that I'm "offended" at some of the harsher words. However, it would be more accurate to say that I'm annoyed by them more than anything.

[Expect more later. I have to leave for church.]
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

The Lady Shael

*laughs* You have a point there, Raine, but you're exaggerating what Wolf Bite said.

Since I read this topic, I'll be keeping a close eye on all of you... :blink:  ^_^
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Stormclaw

Hmm. Reading this topic, it would seem you guys would favor a return to the 'iron fist wrapped in a steel glove' style of administration.
A Departed Hero...

The First Emperor, Stormclaw, called by history The Noble, Longest-Ruling of the Eight.

The Beatles

Look at what happened to Terrouge.

Vengerak

...We never had an iron-fist-in-steel-glove style administration.

Ruatine

Terrouge seems very alive and hopping to me, so having strict rules can't be such a bad thing.

The way I interpret the profanity rule is as follows:

The H, D, S, F, A, and both B words (Geez! I feel like a little kid.) are prohibited and will be edited on sight.

Any religious groups' leaders' name being used as profanity (not in context) is prohibited will be edited on sight.

geez etc. are not considered profanity and will not be edited.

If you want to use the word for an illegitimate child in context, go ahead. It won't be edited. Though why you would be talking about illegitimate children unless it was in a story is beyond my comprehension. The same goes for the place where the devil lives. Why do you need to use the A word instead of just saying donkey? It's only 3 more letters to type. Not too hard to do that.

Swearing is not vital to the meaning of a sentence. If you're so hard-pressed to find adjectives, read the dictionary.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart