Stupid rules & gagging.

Started by Vengerak, July 20, 2003, 04:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vengerak

Oooh. Testy.  :P

To the donkey thing, there are certain expressions & phrases in which the term butt is used, & changing it to donkey just isn't approporiate.

Ruatine

*sighs*

I don't like to be testy, but when people push the rules it gets on my nerves. Call it a pet peeve.

Anyway, care to give some examples concerning our friendly donkey's name counterpart, Raine?
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Kenny Boy

Of course those words are bad, maybe not in some ways but the ways people use them today like "I'm gonna kick your [shampoo]" clearly means that they arent gonna kick your donkey but they are using it as a word that is not comonly used in that spot, normally you would say butt instead of [shampoo] but that is the way of offending people, these days and the dictionary may not say it but its more like street smarts, not technically a bad word but people know it is.
Hi! I'm Ken and I am cooler than you!
-----------------------------------------------
Turbo

K Money (#25)

highest rank:3
------------------------------

Hello everyone, I have given up on regular and now I only play turbo.
user posted image

The Beatles

Terrouge? Pah. I beseech you, ask any RFF-er, what they would prefer to do to Erin's neck.
It is usually two violent activities, namely, wringing and/or cutting.
But, please, don't restrict yourself to the RFF on that matter...

The Lady Shael

*nods vigorously* I did once...the results were terrifying...I'm lucky to be sane...but then, of course, RWL seems to be following the same path. Imagine what we'd be like in a couple of years, just like the RFF...*shudders*
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Stormclaw

They can do what they want to Erin's neck, after they get through me. And Klamath. And probably everybody else on-staff.

One thing Madame Editor is very good at is engendering loyalty in her underlings.

EDIT: I dropped by the RFF and took a swing through the General Discussion board.

All I can say is, I can see why Erin might be persona non grata there. I do believe that I would be, as well.
A Departed Hero...

The First Emperor, Stormclaw, called by history The Noble, Longest-Ruling of the Eight.

Veranor

No... no you did not just say "persona non grata" and in italics too... *shudder*
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Holby

Oh gosh, (hehe) Veranor gets the 50k super stoats /and/ that super cool rat. *Sighs*
I'm just not lucky...
I will not deleted this

The Beatles

I told you on IM once, it's called, with a proper English phrase: "snob intellectualism". Don't make me give you reasons. (Note, this is not directed at Stormclaw particularly, but mostly at Terrouge. Though I believe it was Mark Twain who said that if you can say something in English, don't say it in another language.)
I would be happy if we approached the level of creativeness spawned by the RFF. As a matter of fact, I would be glad if Terrouge improved so much. I have nothing against their articles on the most part, but the self-important quabbles (cf. the current ROC Map debate...) disgust me quite a bit.

Pikepaw

You could get in big admin trouble for defining them.  Unless it is a really good reason, like free noun usuage.
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Abby The Rat

I'm sorry, apart from now

darn and darnit are a form another from for D. So there for it will NOT be allowed.

The First mod have spoken. I'm still thinking on if butt and forms like that should be allowed, however I'm following Terrouge example. So there's a chance I will do the same.

And SPAG, may JUST be coming our way.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

calria

Yiss... RWL should have SPAG.
This would amuse me greatly, and make me feel uber-powerful, as I am, of course, the acknowledged Queen of Grammatica and therefore, well... not infallible, but close...

*cackles*
*starts a pro-SPAG campaign*

Boze (Admin)

People here just don't seem to get completly obvious jokes. It makes me worry a bit.

You better not be "defining" those admins! Like, "Hey! You! You are one who holds administrative powers over a group! Yea! That's right! I'm defining you!

Sorry... I had to make something out of someone's funny typo. No malice intended. But really... no nouns.  ;)  <-- See the wink? Just making sure.
That's me!

Abby The Rat

You talking about ME? Boze?

Heh...
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Vengerak

~EDITTED by Raine on account of Wanton Modding~