Previous topic - Next topic

Vengerak

calria

*stares*

Ad, you used all caps on the word "me."
*enjoys pointing out when mods&admins don't follow the rules*

*cackles*

Ruatine

The all caps rule only refers to making a whole sentence all caps, not just one or two words in a sentence.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

calria

Really? Crud.

I could swear I've seen one of the admin/mod-type-people get someone for that for just a word or two... has it changed?

Kenny Boy

At Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:48:32 -0500, a messenger from the horde of ancient sorcery (#133) brought this to you...
you are going to die you broke a truce you filthy son of _________________________!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this against the rules, I blocked out the swear word?

some people are so crude!
Hi! I'm Ken and I am cooler than you!
-----------------------------------------------
Turbo

K Money (#25)

highest rank:3
------------------------------

Hello everyone, I have given up on regular and now I only play turbo.
user posted image

Vengerak

QuoteI could swear I've seen one of the admin/mod-type-people get someone for that for just a word or two... has it changed?

Only as according to Teufel's whims ^_^. I believe she came down on someone for telling her to "HAVE A GOOD TRIP!". Oy.

On the subject of banning d@rn...'tis very stupid. Sure, it came from the word for what beavers often build in rivers in "offensive" form, but it dosen't mean the same thing. The word was created so that it could be a non-offensive form, for crying out loud. It's very purpose is to BE the aforementioned "offensive" word in happy, acceptable form. I mean come on...duh?

Honestly...I mean, you can't d@rn someone to the Devil's home, or sentence them to eternal lovelyation...the word can bearly be used as an insult as the English language stands. In those forms where it can be, it is no more offensive or profane than, for example, calling somone a stupid stinky doody-head. Less so, in fact.

People who are offended by these words are almost to a fault simply ignorant & often narrow-minded to boot. The banning of He
We're almost all in our teens, at the least. I think we can be trusted to use the kind of language that can be heard on shows like Spongebob Squarepants & The Powerpuff Girls responsibly enough  <_< .

calria

Kenny, I think you're just supposed to forward those to the Admins, and not post them on here...

Although I don't find, well... really I don't find any particular thing that's banned on here offensive, with the exception of comments about homosexuals, and one swear word, I can see how it can be offensive to others...

You never know what people's upbringing is like, what their moral standards are, or what haunts their pasts. I'd rather attempt to be overly respectful of that than offend someone with something that in the end isn't necessary to carry on normal conversations!

Ruatine

QuoteI believe she came down on someone for telling her to "HAVE A GOOD TRIP!". Oy.

*smiles*  After having a talk with PA about all caps, I somewhat moderated my pet peeve. All caps really isn't necessary since you can use italics, bold, underline, etc. on this board. It's messy to use all caps. Enough said.

About the banning of d@rn, h3ck, etc.: It wasn't my idea. Personally, I don't give a care if someone uses those words, but Ad's banned them for reasons of his own.

QuoteYou never know what people's upbringing is like, what their moral standards are, or what haunts their pasts. I'd rather attempt to be overly respectful of that than offend someone with something that in the end isn't necessary to carry on normal conversations!

Thank you very much, Cal. That needed to be said, but I'm not eloquent enough to say it like you did.  
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Peace Alliance

I was getting in trouble before when i was doing just one word caps... But then i argued about it in the spa room and the Mods and Admins stopped caring....

I think this has to be one of the most admin involved in topics i've read!

calria

I agree, Peace... mods never post this much... it's like they save themselves for getting really worked up over stuff.

...like capital letters...

*cough* *giggle*

Peace Alliance

yeah... At camp i had to make sure my campers never swore. But then, instead of swearing i tought em other words. Like "what the cornswoggle are you doing!!". It was great... there were only 7,8 and 9 but they knew swear words!!!! [edit content not suitable for this forum]

The Lady Shael

Bumping up. For some reason, I thought it said in here that they decided to use "lovely" as the substitute, maybe that was another topic. This topic was started by Raine just after the admins banned the use of Lovely.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.