Josh

Started by Gen. Volkov, March 25, 2004, 01:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

Is he really as good as he seems? What does everyone think? After talking to him, he has made me think he is possibly the best RWL player ever, even if he did multi. I wasn't around for much of his performance. Did he really smack Wolf Bite around when they went one on one? And did Holby get his awesome leader strat from him? Now everyone has improved, yet he still can kick behind. Is he really as good as he seems?

-A curious Volkov
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Orcrist

I would say that he is indeed a very skilled player. Whether or not he is the best player is simply a matter of opinion.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Menatus

Skilled? Sure. And pompous and annoying and pigheaded.

XD

wolf bite

Josh does know the game very well and has a reputation as one of the greats.

He also has a temper and a foul mouth.  A year ago, because of him I had to learn how the Block works on Aim. But most of the time he is a friendly guy.

I too have heard about the time that he chased me around the game.  I can remember dethroning him a few times, wiping him out even with his multis a few times, even beating him in duels when the ?bug? gave him 2 times the turns that I got.  But I don?t recall any time that he has beat me.  There was my first time as emperor were 5 multi accounts of all leaders suicided me over 150 times, then he attacked my defenseless horde, but I don?t think he is talking about that.

Josh is here, he is everywhere.  For all I know you could be him. He has many faces. I see it as that he will never leave and so as long as he keeps only one account per game, I am not going to go looking for him. (not necessarily the opinion of the staff).

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ashyra Nightwing

Josh.. He was a good player. But not the best.

Sebulba

good player, one of the best methinks,
though, he has a bit of a temper..  hehe..
and he resorts to cheating without much thought..
windhound, warlord of Sebulba
user posted image
user posted image

Gen. Volkov

OK.. your responses are about what I thought. He's good, but likes to exxagerate. And cheat at times.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Darth Bane

Well I have talked to him on AIM and seen him on FaF, and I do know one thing, he is easily angered. Myself and a few others killed him on FaF, and he then cussed me out for attacking him. But we settled it out, and in my opinion, he's a cool guy IF you're on his good side....
user posted image

user posted image

Juska

Anyone have his aim? Wonder if he'll play qmt, seeing hes banned from rwl right? Cheaters aren't very fun, though we could use a killaz replacement.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Holby

Quote from: Gen. VolkovAnd did Holby get his awesome leader strat from him?
Josh teaching me leaders! :lol: I don't think he knew they existed in sizes of more than 20,000 until a couple of months ago. :P  
I will not deleted this

Jango Fett

I talk to him on MSN sometimes... he's very mean and swears a lot :rolleyes: , but he's a very good player.  He does often get helped by others, and depends much on troops.
Jango Fett (#19)

user posted image

user posted image

Badrang the Tyrant

Josh's AIM:  Fenix2080

Josh is a very skilled player, but not the best.  The first time I saw his horde (in the first era) he was ranked 1st.  That really gave me a good impression.  

If you take out the excessive cussing, Josh is a great guy.  Good to have as a friend to!  *nods*

I know who you are Darth Bane! ;)  

The Lady Shael

Sure, Josh is a skilled player. He could be the best player, but he definitely doesn't have one of the nicest tempers. We're talking about a guy who cussed at me on AIM being someone else attacked him. A guy who told me he wasn't going to be my friend anymore because I agreed with people that he was a multi. But yes, he is a good player. I helped him out once, in second era, I think it was, or something like that, and later he sent me 11 million rats, which I certainly wasn't expecting.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Peace Alliance

Did he get his leader stratagy from you holby? In the first exhibition?

Wolf,  as someone who has also been dethroned by you, i'd just like to point out that it is MUCH easier to be the underdog in this game. Its way harder to get in positions like me and josh would be in, and stay there. as soon as you get enamys, your gone. and the only person who i've seen manage to get to first and not have enamys was you... and i still don't know how you did it. And as soon as you did get enamys, you were killed, lol.

So yeah, i think we're all in agreement that we should be sending josh to anger management, right?

Badrang the Tyrant

Hehe, Wolf is somewhat peaceful.  That's how he doesn't make too many enemies.

Peace, is that a pic of Josh when he's really, really mad? :lol: