What is troop training?

Started by Checkerpaw, June 16, 2008, 04:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Checkerpaw

OK, so one feature I don't remember seeing the last time I played RWL is the "troop training" settting on the "manage army" page.  What exactly does this option do, how effective is it and does anyone have any advice for what ratios to use with which strats?

Thanks!
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

CobyCopper

It trains specific troops, if you're referring to the part with rats, weasels, stoats, and skiffs. Rats are hungry and offensive based, their multiplier is 1.2. Weasels are defensive and pretty balanced food/cash wise, their multiplier is 0.6. Stoats are offensive and a take a bit more cash but less food, their multiplier is 0.3. Finally, Skiffs are mostly defensive and take a lot of cash but not much food, their multiplier is 0.2.

By training a single troop, you can concentrate on fewer resources. If you want to train lots of rats, have a good supply of food and less money. If you want to train lots of skiffs, have a smaller supply of food and a lot of cash. Most indy strats rely on cash (since it's easier to get than food, really), so training 100% of a single troop is usually adviced. Most high solo-indy strats rely on training purely skiffs--and then selling your skiffs at market mercenaries to build up networth and your reserves of cash and food.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: CobyCopper on June 16, 2008, 06:13:02 PM
It trains specific troops, if you're referring to the part with rats, weasels, stoats, and skiffs.

Actually, I'm referring to the "troop training" option that allows you to adjust the percentage of leaders, guards, police and border patrol you have.
:P

(Sorry for not being clearer in my original message .... I hope it didn't take you long to type that response for me!)

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Checkerpaw

Just bumping this, since I'm still looking for an answer  :)

CobyCopper

In short, they're to protect you from different types of attacks... let's see if I remember this all...

Leaders can lower your own losses when attacking
Guards protect resources
Border Police raise your defenses
Police do something I don't remember? ???

Anyways--they're usually best left around 25-25-25-25 if you don't know what you'll be up against. Otherwise you can tailor your training to protect you against specific threats--best if you are being online'd and know to switch your training to stop their particular attack.

wolf bite

- Leaders can decrease losses by up to 33%
- Leaders can increase OP by up to 12% or decrease it by up to about 34%
- Border Patrol increases Group 1 Defense by up to 50%
- Border Patrol increases Group 2 Defense by up to 25%
- Border Patrol increases Group 3 Defense by up to 10%
- Police can increase losses up to 20%
- Police can decrease sacked food by up to 80%
- Guards can increase effectiveness of towers by up to 300

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

CobyCopper

Are the additional losses from police total or 20% more of the normal losses?

wolf bite

I only know what it says, not what it means. That is what retto sent me when he made it.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

CobyCopper

Juska

Is there any proof that this function actually affects the game?
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Shadow

yeah, you can see the difference when being sacked or suicided.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..