Expansion Suggestions

Started by Retto, September 01, 2003, 12:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retto

Okay. We've had plans for a while to put out another expansion (I can just hear you: Another one? Finally! It's been like five months! [more? probably. hopefully]).

Recently, we figured out the major way in which the expansion is going to be different (Which is a Secret, meaning that you'll find out later). Beyond that, though, we're at a small loss for improvements that you'd really like to see.

So...beyond getting the lotto working (and maybe finding some winners), what other improvements would you like to see when we create the next version of Redwall: Warlords?
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Mark

I think you should slow it down a tad, like 3 turns ever ten minutes.  It twould make sense because most people won't have enough time to play.

Lotto would be fun,  but if someone won and they knew what to do with all that money they would win, once I saw it for 1 tillion dollars.
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Ashyra Nightwing

No. The turns stay as they are. I don't want to end up with another Turbo- too fast for me to play properly.

calria

How about lowering the amount of loyalty for healing?

*thinks*

Here's another good one, and one which would especially help clans like Winter, etc-
increase the number of spaces for allies/war settings in the clans! Three isn't enough a lot of the time.

Holby

On the Heal thing:
On Turbo, it costs me more than 2 million loyalty to feast and loot in General's Hut- standard actions.
Heal costs only 1 million, which is extremely cheap at that level.
On regular, Feast and Loot cost me over 600k, Heal 1 million. It's only a little more expensive, so I can use it often, as I can on Turbo.

Down low, say at rank 20, 1 million loyalty is a heck of a lot, when you have only between 8-15k acres. The heal action is like spending all your life savings on a drink of water, with only a small chance it will quench your thirst. (High ratio needed.)

Heal is either way too much, or way too low. Its value should not be set, instead, changing in comparison to Net, or number of leaders.

---

Something that I'd like in the expansion is a chat option to speak to other players in your clan. Great way to get to know your clanmates, plus easy to teach strats, discuss war plans, ideas, and so on.  
I will not deleted this

wolf bite

Same as what he said.

Would also like to put a higher % of armies on the market.

The leader actions for more then one turn at a time that I have seen on other games is very nice.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Peace Alliance

For spending turns, make a thing where you can go to increase the amount of leaders are coming per turn. that way when you're trying to quickly get your leaders up, you can just use that function.

I've played over versions where the Heal spell is priced according to your NW. that seems to work better.

Beatles has a hide turns option for when you spend a lot of turns that is cool, he also has a good way to do more then one leader action at a time like wolf suggested.

when retto says he's make the lotto work, he means that he'll make it work properly, the one in worbands that was 1 trillian dollars was MADE to be that way.

I think changing the alliances around so that everyone joins a clan with a different position like "defensive" and "offensive" and they share a percentage of what they have according to what position they have. so if they have defensive, then a percentage of they're forces are used throughout the entire clan for defense. This would make things more interesting, although i'm worried it would make it even easier to get a nice big clan occupying the top ten for good. At the same time, if a bunch of weaker warlords were to clan together and share they're offensive stuff they may be able to break a higher opponent easier. OR (just thought of this) you could have it so when people join the clan they can choose to shave for offensive, deffensive, leader. etc.. this way if a clan wants to take out someone way higher then them, then they can all set to sharing offensive and have a whole lot more to work with. This would also make is so they have to use less of the "army sharing" strat where you attack and pass it on... does any of that make sense?

The Lady Shael

I couldn't think of anything much, but I remembered I wanted a message box feature, like the one we have in our control panel, and like Beatles has on his version, a place to store information, like stats from espionaging and stuff.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

The Beatles

Heh, you're making it harder for me to stay ahead of the competition, eh?

Lol.
~Beatles

Blackeyes

I think you should put a limit on how many people join clans. I know theres 12 already but you put all the best together(slayer) then theres like 12 unbeatables at the top so make ti only like 6 per clan or something of that matter.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Abby The Rat

The trouble is, my clan rely on it's members to be able to protects others.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Peace Alliance

Slayer isn't good because of its numbers. Thats exactly what slayer's trying to avoid.

calria

I definately agree with the message box thing- personally, I keep a notepad file for stats etc that I get, but sometimes it would be nice (especially at school, etc) to have it on the site...

The Lady Shael

*pats Beatles* I would've said it anyways. I always pitied the inconvience of not having a place to store stats way before your game even came out.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: Peace AllianceSlayer isn't good because of its numbers. Thats exactly what slayer's trying to avoid.
He never said that...
Slayer is the best players in the game all grouped together in the top 10. They're forced to attack weaker accounts, because there's so little land around. With Slayer clogging up the Top 10, nothing ever moves. It's always exactly the same. This is worse than Ereptor's reign. At least there was actually a rebellion, with a storyline and such. At least the top ten changed, if not the Emperor.  People are leaving from lack of interest.
I hate to say this, but we need a reset.