Expansion Suggestions

Started by Retto, September 01, 2003, 12:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Beatles

Slayer could be toppled. Sorry, but they are too peaceful.

Peace Alliance

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing
Quote. I know theres 12 already but you put all the best together(slayer) then theres like 12 unbeatables at the top so make ti only like 6 per clan or something of that matter.
even with 6 members Slayer would still dominate. My point was that making the clans smaller wouldn't help. i like my clan idea though.

Blackeyes

Thank you, you see. I didn't mean they had too many even though they do take up most of the top ten. I am saying limit the amount so less amounts of "good" people can join.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Scarwake

I don't like that idea, I can't really come up with a good reason as to why I don't like it but I don't...Like Ad said his clan depends on the numbers of his clan so they can help other players.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

calria

*shakes head* How are the admins going to decide who's "good" and who isn't? All that will happen is that the so-called "good" players will form clans outside of the bounds of what's set up right now, so that you won't even know for sure what/who you're fighting. I think that the clan system works rather well, although it would be fun to get the biggies to voluntarily divvy up into 3-4 small clans and have gigantic clan wars like in the old days!

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: The BeatlesSlayer could be toppled. Sorry, but they are too peaceful.
Peaceful? Are people that attack players with a  fraction of their networth 57 times peaceful?
Well, yes. I know what you mean. But the problem is, the good players have either left, or are in Slayer..

calria

Also, anyone can be toppled... after all, there was a time when a 100,000,000 NW was unthinkable... anything is possible on this game if you try hard enough...

The Lady Shael

*nods* Thank you, Cal. Back in the First Era, no one believed Stormy would ever be overthrown. But Retto did it. It wasn't for long, but that doesn't mean you should all act like we're useless to do anything.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Duke Aubres

Could we try and make some new fun gadgets for clans? Like, you could insert a picture instead of just an abbreviation for their clan status in the socres, or maybe the clan chat room idea. I liked the huge clan wars! *used to play in the old era*

Ashyra Nightwing

So did I... The First Era was fun.

Maybe a clan total networth limit? It would stop clans like Slayer owning the top 10...

bjornredtail

I havent played for some time (though I may return...) but I do have a few suggestions:
-Cutscreens. After attacking there would be a short MIDI that would play with an image. This would only be done for certan things, such as attacks.
-Empire Tracking. A script would record everyone who manages to get to rank #1 and how long they managed to stay there.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Scarwake

Hmmm...I like the Empire tracking Idea, though I'm not too particular for the MIDI thing, too much work for that...
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

calria

I like the Emperor tracking idea a lot, too!

The MIDI idea sounds good, except for the fact that some people (like me) have impossibly slow 'net connections and old, junky computers... it would make the game very hard for me to play- attacking would take forever.

bjornredtail

Perhaps it could pre-load the files once, then use them over and over again. Or better yet, pervide an option for disableing cutsceans in the control pannel.

EDIT: Another idea: A public display of top 10 clans in all areas. Also, a display which shows where the power distribuation, milltery (judged from attack points and defence points), or enomic (networth), argen (food), land,  and cash between the clans. It would be an intresting data display to say the least...
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Ashyra Nightwing

Hm. The Emperor Tracking would be a good idea. I can only remember Ereptor from the Second Age, but I'm sure there was more...