Expansion Suggestions

Started by Retto, September 01, 2003, 12:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjornredtail

A few more ideas:
-Automatic stats shareing. When useing espionage, you would have the choice to post it a a built in espionage results board.
-Clanwide attack forces. Each clan member could contribuate troops for use in the clanwide attack force. The force would distrabuate any land taken amungst those whos troops are involved in the operation. The more troops, the better share. Also, you couldn't use the clanwide force unless you contrbuted to it.  Finally, clan leaders and asstiant leader would have the ability restrict their use to clans which war has been declared, hordes who have attacked in the last __ hours, or individual hordes.
-Player Defined defence pool. In addation to the basic In/Out setting for shared defence forces, players would be able to contribuate even more forces, and change the makup of the forces contribuated.
-Opt in/out of the use of the clanwide defence force. Players could descide not to use the clanwide defence force.
-Automatic Un-Banning. In addation the permanate banning controls, the admins would have the ability to use a timer type banning, which would be used in cases of swareing through the In-Game message system, and other like offences.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

wolf bite

When using a ton of turns building and running out of money or food, the truns should STOP before someone's army is wipped out.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

bjornredtail

I think it aready does that, not sure. Whould be nice though to have that as a user controable option.
AKA, Nevadacow

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

wolf bite

Does not do that when "building".  There is the trouble, sometimes someone will build too many markets and forget about foragers, then have their army wipped out.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Holby

I've had the same problem with Propaganda, it doesn't stop when you run out of money or food.
I will not deleted this

Quamicauzilot

I certainly like the idea of some means of communicating with the entire clan other than MOTD (since only the folks in authority of the clan can change that), although I think that it'd be quite the challenge to devise a better means of instant communication than using an Instant Messenger in which either people can be pulled into conversations, or chat rooms can be created.  
However, I think something similar to the "Message Entire Clan" option would be useful, but not a replica.  Its main problem is that it eats all your message credits.
I'm certainly against any more strict clan sizes in this game, especially if it keeps its size up.  While it could be a disadvantage in that more powerful warlords could band together to form another Slayer, I can think of no straightforward way in which it could fairly be set up so that clans such as Winter Free can continue to use so many members to protect each other, while only one or two may be of any notable rank.
I'd definitely agree with the whole building thing.  It's happened to me more than once.  One miscalculation, no more army.

(Ramble, Ramble, Ramble...)
If I think of anything I forgot, I'll just edit it in.

To think I almost forgot this.  For those of you that aspire to rule: http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

For the CAFI folks.

Quamicauzilot, leader of The Sockferrets, #10.

bjornredtail

Quamicauzilot- It sounds like you want an automatic clan forum, built in the game. If the folks at RWL (or TSOR for that matter) had the reasources, a java baceed messageboard/chat/IM hybread would fill the nich perfectly.  Short of that there would be a non-threaded messageboard (about equilavant to one thread in this forum) would meet the requirements. Or better yet, make it so that the clan forums are created automaticly when a clan is made. However, that would require a reverse engneereing of the script which adds a new board to the forums, as to compily with the GPL.

AKA, Nevadacow

Quamicauzilot

(If that makes more sense when I log back in after having slept, I'll edit this post.)
I don't think a built-in message board is necessarily what I'm looking for.  Basically, there are two reasons I can think of that clan communication is needed.  The first would be that the clan wants to strategize about the situation at hand, or something similar.  Nothing immediate.  For that, the MOTD, and certainly a message clan are great tools, to say nothing of the clan forums, except, of course, for the security issues. (Nothing against the clan forums, not by any stretch of the imagination.  Warbands 2 doesn't have them, and I do miss that means of communication.)
The second is instant communication, where the clan members are trying to synchronize something, or work out who needs what.  For this, I've found instant messengers to work the best.  
...I know I was going to say something else.  Really, I do.
If I think of anything I forgot, I'll just edit it in.

To think I almost forgot this.  For those of you that aspire to rule: http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

For the CAFI folks.

Quamicauzilot, leader of The Sockferrets, #10.

The Lady Shael

This came from a problem Aus had with a clanmate...I can't seem to remember if it was possible, I thought it was, but I guess Aus can't solve his problem because it isn't.
There should be a way to kick out clanmates (from the warlord position, of course) and maybe even have a banning option, to prevent certain hordes from joining your clan if you don't want them too. (sounds weird, I know, since you're the one giving the password out, but there's always ways for the password to get out, and plus there are clans open for anyone)
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

The Beatles

What if (on my games) we'd have an in-game Bite Chat sort of thing for each clan?
In fact, I am developing a REALTIME PHP/JavaScript based chat thingy... it would be really lightweight, very crossbrowser, and very bandwidth-friendly. Also, the great advantage is that it would be real-time, unlike Chat Bites now. Sort of like a chatroom, but without Java.
So anyways, I could easily make a general, and some clan-specific pages for that. Not hard at all.
Just I have to finish it first, which means I have to get back into the US and get near recognizable computers and recognizable Internet. The way things are right now, I could probably whistle TCP protocols faster from a pay phone than my modem does it.

~Beatles

Almkman

When you use espionage you should be able to see their buildings too.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Holby

No, that makes it too easy. You could then see their guards, find out what sorta strat they're playing, and what their weaknesses are.
There's enough of solid information required to break as it is. Any more destroys some of the mysteriousness. ;)
I will not deleted this

~>John<~

maybe a confirm thing would be good. Like I had 333 turns, wanted to loot for 33, and accidentally put in 330 turns. Didn't help my economy, to say the least. it could've loaded a screen that said, "are u sure u want to use ___ turns?
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Abby The Rat

Yes, but that would get annoying if you think about the amount of times you input turns. And not everyone is so fine with the amount of turns you put in. I usually put in 200 or so. Each time I'm on.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

The Lady Shael

That happened to me once. I wanted to loot for 20 turns and accidentally put 200. I was so angry at myself...maybe there should be a confirmation screen if you put a ridiculously large amount of turns, if possible.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.