Command line?

Started by Sharptooh, March 01, 2008, 08:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharptooh

I know this isn't important but what on earth does command line do? I checked on the game guide and well..... all I can say is it was less than helpful.

Could someone help me I'm confused about command line!  ???

wolf bite

It was put in by Retto so that people that really knew the code could type in their moves in computer lingo. No one knows how to do it and it is easier to just click.  It is on the list to be deleted.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Firetooth

I wondarded what it did. Mleh. The white bar of uselessness lol.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sharptooh

Thanks wolfbite I really wondered what that was.

oh well back to business  :)

pippin the mighty

hey, Ive figured out how to use it :)

bjornredtail

Computer lingo?
How about an example:
loot for 5
Loots for 5 turns.

I personally found it relatively useless because it was so simple. How abut scripting, chaining of commands, options? There's where the power of a command line.
how about...
for (i = 0; i < 10; i++)
{
loot 5 -v && forage 5 -v
}

Okay, so the loop might be excessive, but having a syntax that is similar to every other command line I use, and having useful options (hide input, stop on out of food, cash, loss of troops, if attacked) would make the command line a lot more useful. Of course, implementation gets complicated, fast (ever try to write a programming language?). There are better use of developers.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!