Down with the League!

Started by Nohcnonk, November 05, 2007, 06:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarwake

Yes, I am the Leader of The Clan of Evil Blades.

The password to join can be obtained from any current member of the clan.  I will also accept offers for alliances, granted there will have to be some limits on some attacks once I reach the third alliance.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Percy

Quote from: pippin the mighty on November 06, 2007, 11:45:06 AM
why does everybody hate the league anyway?
I suspect jealousy. It is very difficult to take the top and try to hold it, and those that can't think it only right in preventing us from succeeding. We're a wholesome, clean-shaven, and pleasant bunch who are simply misunderstood.  :-)

fingo

Quote from: Percy on November 07, 2007, 02:15:10 AM
Quote from: pippin the mighty on November 06, 2007, 11:45:06 AM
why does everybody hate the league anyway?
I suspect jealousy. It is very difficult to take the top and try to hold it, and those that can't think it only right in preventing us from succeeding. We're a wholesome, clean-shaven, and pleasant bunch who are simply misunderstood.? :-)

If Blades or some other clan had most members in the top 5 you could be sure someone would want to knock them down. That and your clan seems to have upset some people along the way.
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

kell

nobody likes getting hit by an entire clan...
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Orcrist

I am very wholesome and clean shaven and even pleasant as well. :)
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

pippin the mighty

Scarwake

Pleasant is hardly the word I would use to describe how your clan has operated.  More like an intolerable tyrant that is trying to disguise what they really are, a cruel clan that has continuously beat many down for no reason at all.
Emperor of

In-Character Album

Shadow

There are clans that rule by dimplomacy and those that rule by force. This is the latter. Both are integral parts of the game. If you don't like it, do something about it. Complaining on forums gets you nowhere 8-). If blades' and League's positions were reversed, I'd be doing my level best to take you down as well, diplomacy or no.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Scarwake

Of course, but Blades wouldn't have resulted in the rest of the game hating/despising them.  While yes we do tend to use diplomacy we I'm sure would have made a few enemies so I'm not saying everyone would be fine with us at the top, but everyone wants to reach the top and will strive for it.

The way it was taken is what you guys have caused everyone to get upset about, deception and lies along with malicious force.
Emperor of

In-Character Album

windhound

deception and lies?
really?  I dont think anyone from the League ever lied...

with malicious force?
Force, sure.  Malicious implies mal intent though.  The attacks had a purpose other than crushing people.  If somone had 12 mil stoats they would probably be murdered as they would be a threat. 

I think it would be neigh impossible to take the top as fast as the League did without stepping on toes.  Somone's going to be peeved.
So...  dont let it simmer!  Lets see some resistance = P  Hasnt been much of one to speak of, other than mutters on the forum.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Percy

Yes, pray tell about the lies and deception?

Gen. Volkov

We've been unpleasant, I'll give you that, but so have many other top clans. ROME wasn't particularly nice to the lower down folks. Difference between League and ROME is that ROME did it from day 1, we did it a bit into the era.

Personally though, I am a rather wholesome, pleasant, and I have a bit of 5'o clock shadow. I forgot to shave this morning.

We haven't lied though. Nor deceived.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

kell

Quote from: Percy on November 07, 2007, 07:21:45 PM
Yes, pray tell about the lies and deception?

mmmh let me see.....  hey percy you got another forum name that others would know you better by?
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Rough Raiders

I'm guessing so kell. Which if its true, is awfully cowardly... But all things aside, they have played a legitimate game... I dont exactly approve of getting 1/2 the clan to make a run on warlords who are 10 ranks below and not a threat, but hey, its a game, and you guys are right, we should fight back and not complain on the forums.  But its so much easier to complain on the forums  :-P
Official Forum Acorn Thrower
Holbs is the Master Slicer of MY Acorns with Twin Katana Swords
Leader of the TMNT Alliance
I CLAIM MYSELF THE ALMIGHTY HATED ONE ;)

pippin the mighty