Rumor grew of a shadow...

Started by Ereptor, July 31, 2008, 10:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

About anything interesting - me and peace set up a cloaked fox and started packing him with troops.. he was on top by 1.5billion net more than second for over 10 days but only about 200mil net showed. Then some moron decided to murder him for no good reason even though he wasn't even active. We had plans to use that army for a time like this, but sadly, it's gone.

As for the rest of it, I am getting bored with people who take this so seriously as to make the game events into friendship breaking moments. Snare I am well aware of your opinion of me as a player, although you've never said it to my face, and I couldn't care less. Just don't drag the rest of us into the melodrama you seem to want the game to be. I play to have fun, and having fun doesn't involve... this. If you want to be on the other side, perfectly fine, just don't make a big deal of it because frankly it isn't worth all that much attention which side a player chooses beyond that you know who to hit in the game. I had my moment of drama with Shade and now I am just sick of people crying about stuff on forums. Every attempt at making the game fun again turns into this crap one way or another. Before this turns into a flame war, I request a lock. This can be revived again when the time is right and it will actually produce the proper reaction ingame rather than here.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ereptor

I am for a lock.  Nothing good will come of this topic.  Plus with it locked down I dont have to urge to post here and I feel my posts are doing anything but inflame the situation even though I dont regret it...
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

pippin the mighty

Quote from: Ereptor on August 02, 2008, 12:50:08 PMAlso to the person who "claims" to have broken me with 10 mill rats....are you joking or are you trying to pick a fight.  I am really trying to understand all of this distaste for a clan that just started a week ago.  Be it as it may, I say who ever opposes us, bring it.  

No picking, no joking. I was talking to Cody and he espyed you, you have little troops as they had been destroyed. I took all your land away and it got spread out quickly enough, I don't think it deserves kell knocking off 100m net or so from me.

And my name is Pippin.

Shadow

he broke you with 10m rats AFTER the rest of them had taken your defenses down

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on August 02, 2008, 01:46:33 PM
I was the person who did most of the murdering :o
btw, ereptor and wolf riders had no shields at all so they only added fuel to the fire which was burning them.
Quote from: pippin the mighty on August 02, 2008, 01:39:59 PM
Quote from: Ereptor on August 02, 2008, 12:50:08 PMAlso to the person who "claims" to have broken me with 10 mill rats....are you joking or are you trying to pick a fight.  I am really trying to understand all of this distaste for a clan that just started a week ago.  Be it as it may, I say who ever opposes us, bring it.  

No picking, no joking. I was talking to Cody and he espyed you, you have little troops as they had been destroyed. I took all your land away and it got spread out quickly enough, I don't think it deserves kell knocking off 100m net or so from me.

And my name is Pippin.

really? I never guessed?xD
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

pippin the mighty

Quote from: Firetooth on August 02, 2008, 02:03:20 PM
Quote from: Shadow on August 02, 2008, 01:46:33 PM
I was the person who did most of the murdering :o
btw, ereptor and wolf riders had no shields at all so they only added fuel to the fire which was burning them.

And my name is Pippin.

really? I never guessed?xD
I Don't like to be called 'person'.

Firetooth

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gorak

And my name is Pippin.

ha ha ha ha ha
that was me
it wasn't even intentional, you just left yourself on 8 health, so you took ridiculous casualties when I land grabbed from ya

on another note, I was building to break ereptor, but oblit beat me to it, I hit ereptor with 34million rats and was repelled, so your 10mill statement is meaningless
you simply hit after oblit did the job for ya
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Wolf Snare

Wow, I really didn't expect people to react like this. It is just a game, as several of you already suggested.. I think people are taking this a bit too personally. I am not serious enough about this to jeopardize my friendships with my old friends, but apparently when put under the scope your true colours have shone through.

I see everybody has misinterpreted what I was trying to do here, to a worst extent that what I would have guessed. Apparently we cant have a good old war anymore without people taking things the complete wrong way and freaking out on eachother. I won't be posting under the influence again, as I feel I only made things worse by trying to explain myself.

Either way, I have paved way to a very suitable confrontation, which was intended to be some fun ingame, but certain people have taken it very personally, and I regret not just starting an RP instead. I guess waiting it out and staging a betrayal ingame would have been a smarter move, something like ROME perhaps. Either way I think its safe to say that I failed.

All I ask now is that my (former?) friends look over this situation, and really think about this. I know it was a lance move, but now that my intentions, and real feelings on the topic have been said (whilst sober) are you all going to turn your backs on me outside of the game? Some of you I've known for years and years, others not so long. But I for one value all of our friendships, and I was hoping you all felt the same.

I agree that this is all unnecessary drama, and I apologize for starting it.  Really, if you all want to shun me for trying to make the game more interesting, well, go ahead. I know it wasn't very well executed, nor planned out, but I hardly see it as "Low". I could very well have just left, but where's the fun in that? In truth I wanted to smash each of you down to get a rise out of you... I know the old guard will not lay down, if anything it got you all motivated enough to do something.

Having said all of that, you guys have an impressive line up. If I just stuck around and remained a pawn in TBV, the game would lay down and die, not flourish. Someone experienced needs to lead the defence, and that is me. Hopefully, you all can realize that this is not unlike every other conflict reg has seen, with a bunch of hot air blown into it. Either way, people are flocking to the game already to defend both sides. It can only get better.

In closing, Kyle, it really seems to me like you were waiting for some big overdramatic topic to tell me how you really feel towards me, so I guess I did you a favour. I used to hate your guts, I'm not going to lie. All I ever would hear (from your friends and mine) was how much you despised me. Eventually, I came around to getting to know you on a personal level, and, well, I thought we were pretty good friends as of now.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

QuoteAnd about Ereptor getting broken my point is that he locked for 4 runs solo. I have never seen anyone do that before, not since I came back a year or so ago anyway. The point is that breaking him should have happened a lot earlier, and it doesn't say much about the opposition that he was able to do that at all.

Well yes, the people who might have broken him were already on his side. LOL. I was a bit surprised when I couldn't break, but I wasn't really throwing many resources into the effort.

I see everybody has misinterpreted what I was trying to do here, to a worst extent that what I would have guessed. Apparently we cant have a good old war anymore without people taking things the complete wrong way and freaking out on eachother. I won't be posting under the influence again, as I feel I only made things worse by trying to explain myself.

I don't mind a good old war, but I do mind when someone drops out of a clan and then launches a sneak attack. I didn't even know you had left before you had sharptooth suiciding me and firetooth poisoning me. It rather puts me in mind of Pearl Harbor, and in basically the same mood the US was in afterwards. Are we still friends? Yes, in game actions don't affect me that way. But that doesn't mean I won't do my best to ruin you all in game.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Gorak

are you kidding me?!
the crap hitting the fan in the forums is what makes these wars fun!

just so long as people move on after the fact and hold no grudges
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

kell

to clear some things up i never murdered pip dunno where that came from so stop spreading around false facts, i bearly even log into reg
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Shadow

QuoteIn closing, Kyle, it really seems to me like you were waiting for some big overdramatic topic to tell me how you really feel towards me, so I guess I did you a favour. I used to hate your guts, I'm not going to lie. All I ever would hear (from your friends and mine) was how much you despised me. Eventually, I came around to getting to know you on a personal level, and, well, I thought we were pretty good friends as of now.

Waiting for something? No. But I find it hard not to react like this when I hear nothing but you badmouthing me to other people like you say I do to you. This is relatively recent. If you want to talk about it I'm always willing on msn, but i would prefer that if you have a problem with me you take it up face to face. Something about me being made assistant might ring bells.

If you wanted a good war, say something like 'No thanks for the invite, I think I'll take the other side,' like you did to me at FAF. That I am perfectly fine with. What I can't stand is a backstab, which that was, no matter how you justify it. Maybe it will make the game more interesting, but I personally much prefer people to be upfront with their motives and have fun with the game. That takes the personal aspect out of it and leaves room for fun.

Me and you both have huge egos. Don't deny it ^_^ It came through here, suggesting that I have been waiting to tell you off for ages. Not so. I was looking forward to working with you again, and i was prepared to overlook your slight about me being made assistant. Our egos often clash, because we are both good players who often end up on opposite sides. I had fun working with you in the past in league and other times, and I have had fun fighting you. But the fun, at least for me, came from you being upfront with me. This is different, and I find it hard to take it any other way.

Again, bitching about this on forums is depressing me. Feel free to talk it over on msn if you want to. I am not one to hold grudges if some effort is made to repair the damage. Does this ruin our friendship? No, not from my side. I hope not from yours.

I once again request a lock. I'd rather talk about it privately, and having this thread here just provokes replies that aren't helping. Bah, hard to believe I'm being drawn back into this...

The Obliterator

Quote from: Shadow on August 02, 2008, 08:25:04 AM
Firetooth you really are letting that kill go to your head. Kills take no skill at all, just a bunch of turns and a convenient troop hole.

And about Ereptor getting broken my point is that he locked for 4 runs solo. I have never seen anyone do that before, not since I came back a year or so ago anyway. The point is that breaking him should have happened a lot earlier, and it doesn't say much about the opposition that he was able to do that at all.

The rest of the situation is just a lot of hot air, bruised egos and misunderstandings that everyone would have been better off without, and this topic is quickly turning into more of the same.
My point is that there was no-one there to break him i came back and first run after protection i break.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

pippin the mighty

Quote from: kell on August 02, 2008, 07:21:19 PM
to clear some things up i never murdered pip dunno where that came from so stop spreading around false facts, i bearly even log into reg
Heh, I meant Kommando  O_O