Josh

Started by Gen. Volkov, March 25, 2004, 01:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

lol, wonder who that was....

blackeyes, josh does surprise me every once and a while, but overall i donno.... I think the hardest thing to do on RWL is to make a vow and keep it. If i were to announce that i will kill 5 people in SD within the next week, they'd all know whats going on and leave the clan, and fight me down... so really, its all in the way the game plays out.

Blackeyes

Yea, that's true...
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Gen. Volkov

Josh could give Peace a run for his money in terms of deviousness. As to who's the better player? Well the way they play is too different. Peace tends to amass huge nets on very little realtive land, while Josh amasses large nets on large amounts of well defended land.(Still breakable, but well defended). Having fought both.. I'd say they are about equal.. though Josh insists he is the best player ever and is way better than Peace. Then again, he claims just about every good idea at RWL was his or stolen from him. Meh. Whatever. JOsh be good, but I think he is equal to the best players. Not better. And I know a few who could "pwnsor" him.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

caedo caelestis

Quote from: sh0ejosh is secksy
you are nothing.
Yeah, so says the guy who called me josh.

Blackeyes

Quote from: Gen. Volkov. And I know a few who could "pwnsor" him.
It's "pwn"... and don't use Joshes word lol.

sh0e

Quote from: caedo caelestis
Quote from: sh0ejosh is secksy
you are nothing.
Yeah, so says the guy who called me josh.
so says the guy who had to kamikaze me twice and the help of friends weakening me to kill me
not to mention that it was an act of desperation after failing miserably at even touching josh

Blackeyes

Lol, this is o funny. It's amazing how much contraversy Josh can start.

Wolf Snare

"pwn"?? meaning what>>>??
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Juska

Own, as in you own, or you beat them in very way shape and form the next to them you are thier slave. You haven't every heard the expression, or word "pwn" before?
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Juby (Tercios)

he probably is incredibly delighted to know we are talking about him sporadically when he's not around.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Wolf Snare

rofl! I feel so loved :rolleyes:

I haven't heard of it before, actually.... A bit odd though..
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Excuse me? "pwn" is most definitely NOT Josh's word. it is something that has entered net lingo, probably through web comics. And it started out as "ownsor" then it transformed to "pwn" and "pwnsor". Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs Blackeyes. And sh0e... well we shall soon see if someone can't bring Josh down.
Juby> I'm sure he is.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

sh0e

Quote from: Gen. VolkovExcuse me? "pwn" is most definitely NOT Josh's word. it is something that has entered net lingo, probably through web comics. And it started out as "ownsor" then it transformed to "pwn" and "pwnsor". Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs Blackeyes. And sh0e... well we shall soon see if someone can't bring Josh down.
Juby> I'm sure he is.
omagmfggmfgG1!111! N00)Bzs
gGtet it r1tw its pwnz0rz!!!

and no it started as "owned"
meaning roughly "i have made you my biznich"

its spread and popularity of use originated mostly from fps games like cs
where egotism and hax0r wannabe dialect runs rampart

if you look at your keyboard you will see that o is next to p
and being that in fps games you are prone to make typing mistakes
especially when your testosterone level begins to raise to your ego level
and you want to quickly say something like "hah4hz0hahAHz0rZ!1!1 hS n00b! i pwnt j00!"
someone found it amusing and the typing mistake became a catchphrase
its also strongly related to the hax0r wannabe dialect having a liking to deliberate spelling mistakes
the "sor" part that you used comes from l33t speak.. or rather converting an element of l33t speak into normal looking text.. the real usage of "z0r" is attached to the end of words that supposedly make it l33tz0r or more impactful.. being "moreso" something

saying that it comes from web comics is giving them way too much credit.. web comics really do not have that much influence
all of this stuff is really just poorly done rip offs of the old bbs folk and the abundant underground community that once ruled there
as well as people taht just dont realize these are really used in sarcasm and are nothing more than running jokes

im not saying nobody can bring down josh.. im just saying taht gaedo and co failed miserably
but given joshs billion of networth and massive reserves and resources.. i seriously doubt it

unless you can somehow get multiple accounts with hundreds of millions of networth and kamikaze josh all at once.. while making this huge growth in the multiple accounts somehow pass joshs gaze
and even then i still doubt it would take josh down.. but rather just annoy him greatly

Gen. Volkov

Ok, I concede to your greater knowledge of the net.. I was speaking from what I had heard and knew, obviously I was wrong, but it still isn't Josh's word.

Did I say when I was gonna do it? Or how? But I assure you, billions of NW does not ensure protection. Especially with leaders, which Josh doesn't use. Much as you may support him, everyone can brought down, wolf bite has proven that here, over and over.

sh0e

Quote from: Gen. VolkovOk, I concede to your greater knowledge of the net.. I was speaking from what I had heard and knew, obviously I was wrong, but it still isn't Josh's word.

Did I say when I was gonna do it? Or how? But I assure you, billions of NW does not ensure protection. Especially with leaders, which Josh doesn't use. Much as you may support him, everyone can brought down, wolf bite has proven that here, over and over.
probably.. ive only had maybe a couple weeks experience to any games of this sort so i wouldnt really know
and pretty much all of that experience is on staronesw.com games.. (hack and faf)
but i dont see how anyone can come near to breaking josh at that level of billion networth
especially when i know for a fact that billion is only a section fo what he really has

btw when i used "you" i meant to generally refer to the "reader who plans to try to take down josh"
so i wasnt really referring to you volkov.. what i really meant was "someone"
but the main point is that i dont see how its possible to break josh.. and id be interested to hear what would