Being able to build full on a structure

Started by Firetooth, June 12, 2011, 03:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

Edit: First problem was just me misreading something, but I also had a problem where I had 2k free land but could only build 500 acres in both my main two structure types.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Kilkenne

Right, 40,603 would be half of your land, because you have 40,603 built in Tents+Huts+Foragers at present.

Firetooth

Oh, sorry this was a reading error by me haha.

Still, the second error is unexplained.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Kilkenne

Are you sure that when you had 2k free land that you didn't have some number of the other structures up that prevented you from building? Due to my hilarious ineptitude, I spend about three times the necessary turns every run right now building and demolishing structures, or at the very least making a feeble attempt to build/demolish structures and then getting frustrated and logging off. At least you don't have that problem. I'll poke around with this and see if I can repeat it.

Firetooth

I had 2k land free, 300 acres  in tents and the rest evenly spread between foragers and huts (give or take a few  hundred acres)  when i had this problem.

Quote from: Kilkenne on June 12, 2011, 03:24:21 PM
Due to my hilarious ineptitude, I spend about three times the necessary turns every run right now building and demolishing structures, or at the very least making a feeble attempt to build/demolish structures and then getting frustrated and logging off. At least you don't have that problem.
Lol, I did this at least once too.

Genevieve

I think your second problem just means that if you built more than 500 of either tents or huts, then they would be more than half of your total.

If you build 500 of each, then it should let you build on the rest.

Firetooth

No, I think it's a glitch with the land...I think extra land is appearing, but not on my land count. Take a look. (my land is edited in so you acn compare. 41284+41284=82568, so my stats have one rogue peace of land, and the land amount I can build on itself is bugged.

Shadow

A small land discrepancy builds up over time if you use attack types like drive, sack, or capture. This relates somehow to the negative troop earnings per turn but so far has proved a difficult bug to track down =/

Right now Shael and windy occasionally do a sweep of the game for land discrepencies and fix them as they see them, but there will be times when they are present.

My advice to everyone is that if you don't want to kill people, best not to hit them below maybe 1000 land.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Ah, ok. If I see anything noteworthy about the issue I'll post it here/mail an admin.

Firetooth

Honestly, this is really frustrating. My tents and huts are both 50%

Tents    36,801    36,801    

Huts    36,801    36,801    

Yet when I try dropping spare land:
Something Has Occurred
Cannot leave one type of building on more than half your land!

edit: nvm, after like 12 attempts it worked ???

Shadow

If you leave a building on more than 50% of the remaining land, you can't drop it.

Firetooth

I don't follow...I think it was a bug as after repeated attempts it let me drop? Both my buildings were equal land and would've left me on half land exactly if I dropped, so I think it is a bug.

Shadow

Oh. Could well be. This theme is problematic, I think we will probably shelve it for a while after this one heh.

Firetooth

That's a shame. I liked half round, I have had some fun testing alternate farming and stuff as stoat despite my complaining :(