Different clan types?

Started by Sharptooh, February 07, 2012, 03:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharptooh

This was the idea I had regarding different clan types, although I think it'd be too complex to implement (and possibly understand), and even though there are almost definitely multiple flaws within. I thought I might as well post it anyway, I suppose it could be tweaked to decrease the complexity/increase feasibility.

The names for the different types are only placeholders:

Alliance
- can't attack other alliance member
- Moderate to low aid limit
- Very small alliance bank (storehouse or whatever you want to call it, this obviously relies on it being implemented)
- Can share a very small portion of troops between alliance members
- Alliance forums (clan forums) exist
- Leadership structure works as with current clans

Democratic collective
- Can't attack other alliance members.
- Very high aid limit
- Medium sized clan bank
- Can share a medium portion of troops between alliance members
- Alliance forums exist
- small decrease in cost of fellow clan members goods on the market (1-2% maybe?)
- Small decrease (1-2%?) in production due to bureaucracy
- Laws (e.g. who the clan is at war with, whether everyone has to share their troops or not, the tax rate for the clan bank and possibly more) have to be decided by a vote, this obviously makes democratic collectives a lot less maneuverable than other clan types, a leader exists in the clan but their role is largely symbolic, if the vote is a tie, the clan leaders vote counts for two.
- Voting for laws is not anonymous, and last 48 hours, if a majority is reached before the time limit the law is passed.

Non-democratic collective
- very High aid limit
- medium alliance bank
- Clan forums (although the clan leader can turn these on or off)
- Can share a large portion of troops for defence
- Clan leader has final say in everything, no assistant or diplomats exist (or if they do, they don't have power to change anything within the clan)

On reflection the clan types are quite unbalanced, I hashed this together a while back and put it on paper, the different clan types are meant to fill different roles, e.g. Democratic collective is great for supporting other clan member and trying to keep everyone in the clan happy, however they can be rather unmaneuverable in difficult situations, and tensions could rise over decision making. Whilst the Non-democratic collective is incredibly flexible with arguably worse economic benefits and the normal alliance acting as a sort of imbetween.

Obviously the bonuses for being in said clan type could be changed.

Rakefur

The Democratic collective seems way overpowered. The only thing that is really bad about it is hat it is democratic and will take a while to rouse into action.

But I like the idea.  :)
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Sharptooh

Yeah I was thinking the same thing :/ although you have to remember members of a democratic collective do take a small production hit.

The Masked Wolf

Quote from: cloud on February 02, 2012, 06:40:08 PM
Aggressive and weak have no correlation. I know a bunch of weak people that are aggressive, and if they get aggressive towards the wrong people they get put in their place. Know your place.

Let's go, say that to mah face...5 words: I don't give a crap! >:

Alazar is Back

Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Peace Alliance

Sounds like a good theme idea.

Sharptooh

Quote from: Alazar is Back on February 09, 2012, 08:31:36 AM
Utter rubbish....

Thanks for your constructive feedback Alazar  :-*

Admittedly the bonuses and/or negatives of being in any one tpye are not well thought through by myself, but the base idea of having different clan types with different bonuses and negatives seems like an -ok- idea to me

Shadow

I'm not sure there are really any benefits to any of those clan types that the highest level one doesn't have. Perhaps if the lower level ones were still able to attack each other for land, while being loosely allied, it would be a viable alternative.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Quote from: Alazar is Back on February 09, 2012, 08:31:36 AM
Utter rubbish....
I'm not going to flame you again, but you have no business posting in the dev forum if this is all you are able to contribute, give reasons and post more politely.

I think the underlying idea is good, but the clans are not balanced. Some are too strong, but I do think a modified version of this might work nicely.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Peace Alliance

inter-clan lossless attacks: no health loss, no troop loss, no need to beat their defenses. That would be neat... Would also mean you really have to trust your clan mates, lol.

Sharptooh

Quote from: Shadow on February 09, 2012, 10:50:43 AM
I'm not sure there are really any benefits to any of those clan types that the highest level one doesn't have.

Yeah I know :/ like already stated I didn't put nearly enough thought into the bonuses and downsides; although I'm sure if someone took the time to properly balance the three types with decent bonuses and downsides to being in each clan i think it might be an ok idea.

Alazar is Back

By utter rubbish(i do stand by what I said) I mean that about 95% of the ideas he had listed were crap. The idea for different types of clans for a round or something is kind of interesting, but the interpretation that sharptooth had sucked. To be 100% honest...
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Firetooth

Just because an idea isn't "bring back RWL 2.0" does not mean it is bad.

You still haven't given reasons. I don't even think you have any, besides:

• Oh no change! Whatever will I do?
  • You dislike Sharp

p.s "I don't like it because it's crap" is not a valid reason for disliking it, that's repeating your opinion.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Durza

Its a lovely idea and adds a new twist to clans.  Like all ideas however it just needs to be fleshed out
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Shadow

Quote from: Alazar is Back on February 14, 2012, 01:34:10 PM
By utter rubbish(i do stand by what I said) I mean that about 95% of the ideas he had listed were crap. The idea for different types of clans for a round or something is kind of interesting, but the interpretation that sharptooth had sucked. To be 100% honest...

Being 100% honest while being both offensive and unhelpful is not a redeeming quality.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..