Plan for next round

Started by Shadow, February 24, 2012, 10:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raggon

I have a cwestion:
do attacks count if they are steal/murder etc. towards the hitlimit?
I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Ian2424

No. Only if they take land.
Uhh, it's needs to be about 20% cooler.
Quote from: Krowdon on April 28, 2012, 07:53:37 AM
*beats Night Wolf with a penguin*

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

cloud

foraging still seems to be Way underpowered. No one's currently putting food on the market, so I tried to make my own, splitting food and cash production 40:60 and only made about 75mill food, but earned enough cash to buy ~ 1 billion food. Food seems to be underpowered by at least 500%.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Shadow

you're right. I took the food output up to 1/10 of cash output for a similar build spread (ie, switch markets with foragers). Please test it out. I don't know about 500%, but his roughly doubles food output.

cloud

I just feel that if equal markets/foragers are built and cash/food are 50% then the amount of cash that's made should = around food * $15/unit. Right now with the production rate food seems to be at least $50/unit (on the low end).
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Shadow

yea, there was a bracket error in the food output for workers, it is now tuned to $15 per food, given the same number of markets and foragers at 50-50 eco settings.

cloud

Quote from: Shadow on March 02, 2012, 02:00:40 PM
yea, there was a bracket error in the food output for workers, it is now tuned to $15 per food, given the same number of markets and foragers at 50-50 eco settings.

Yea, just noticed an increase on my army page for production.
-Kilk

Shadow

This this in place, it means that a ferret (best foraging:income ratio) can make a profit selling food for anything over $11 dollars, whereas marten and magpie are better off buying food as long as the price is less than $21. So there is a pretty wide range of economically beneficial trades possible. The other races have a narrower range, but still pretty big.

The Obliterator

Did the net value of food get changed from what it was in 2.0?
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

cloud

Quote from: The Obliterator on March 02, 2012, 11:13:03 PM
Did the net value of food get changed from what it was in 2.0?

No, it was just much harder to produce last round, should be balanced now though.
-Kilk

Shadow

Quote from: Shadow on February 28, 2012, 01:48:24 PM
right now, murder works like this (shielded):

health after murder = floor(health - 0.01*health)

for shields, replace 0.01 with 0.03.

This means that shielded murders currently kill 1% health every hit, while unshielded ones kill 3% until 67% health, 2% between 67 and 40% health, and 1% below that.

I would like to propose the following formula shielded)

health after murder = floor(health - 0.02 * health * health / 100)

this means that at high health, you hit for on average 2% per hit until about 70% health, and 1% after. For unshielded,

health after murder = floor(health - 0.06 * health * health / 100)

which means that you can hit down to 40% before you are only doing 1% per hit, and you get there significanly faster. As a comparison, 20 murders would leave you with the following health given the 4 options:

current, shielded:
80% health left after 20 murders
100 murders needed to reduce someone to 0 health
murder does only 1 damage after the 0th murder

current, unshielded:
48% health left after 20 murders
60 murders needed to reduce someone to 0 health
murder does only 1 damage after the 28th murder

proposed, shielded:
65% health left after 20 murders
85 murders needed to reduce someone to 0 health
murder does only 1 damage after the 15th murder

proposed, unshielded:
38% health left after 20 murders
58 murders needed to reduce someone to 0 health
murder does only 1 damage after the 19th murder

You can see that while the amount of turns needed to take someone to 0 does not change very much, the damage in the new system is much quicker while their health is still high, and usually taking someone's health down to zero or even close to it would not be necessary.

Feedback please:) If people like this I'll put it in this round.

...do you guys want the stronger murder this round?