3.0 suggestions from Sevz

Started by The Obliterator, March 24, 2012, 04:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

Thanks and no hard feelings lil bro. If ya need a hand ingame message us   :wink:
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

The Obliterator

Had an idea for the market. What if people were able to put up an order on the market. Such as if someone needed food for their next run they could say they wanted 300mil food at 14$ then when a food masser was on and looked at the market they could then make 300 mil food and hit like a sell button. Then the transaction would be completed and the food masser would get their money straight away. This could also work for troops and it would give a way for indies to supply themselves throughout a run.

In order to prevent people abusing this by say sacking the person they sold it to you could make this section of the market anonymous. This might add a new dynamic to the market as the buyers could help regulate the prices instead of the prices going up and down in a cycle they would be more reliant on supply and demand.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

It's an idea that has been explored, there are a few problems with it we couldn't figure out how to get around:

Does the cash for an order get subtracted immediately from the person ordering and put in limbo until it is completed?

If yes, then how do we stop people using the market as a bank to keep their cash safe?
What if an order for an army is completed while they are online and they suddenly have an army they can't support?

If no, then what if a transaction is completed while online and they suddenly lose a bunch of cash. Or what if they don't have enough cash on hand to fill an order?

Don't get me wrong I would love to have this system, but I haven't been able to work out the little details in my head.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Obliterator

Cash would have to stay with the person to avoid banking on the market. And or another idea is that you could only do this with money in cluny's hut.

Reguarding not having enough cash on hand a thought i had is to implement the same system of the market whereby a partial transaction could be made. So if i want 100 stoats but only have enough cash for 50 a message would come up like the buyer has run out of cash a partial transaction has been completed.

Also i thought we could have a transit time for goods from the market sent by orders. Say mabey 2 hours or so. That way you could not get swamped by troops midway during a run unless you were not careful. I would say that you would be able to see incoming transactions in the buy page of the market and or have a notification on the main page.

I think that addresses most of the issues but let me know your thoughts

Shadow

Those all sound like solid ideas to me. I'll poke the market at the end of the month and see if I can figure out how to do some of this stuff.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Obliterator