Food Networth

Started by Gen. Volkov, January 18, 2008, 07:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

Does it need to be reduced again? There are several players in reg who are at 500 mil NW or more purely through stockpiling food. The rate of increase has gone down since stoat was changed, but should it be possible to hold Emp merely through accumulation of food? I do believe this is supposed to be a war game. Not to mention that food is only touchable by a few select missions, and it can't be stolen except by sack, which is very weak.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sicarius

I am encounter the same problem in my site. I decided to reduce it by half.

RS-Wolf Methos

Peace Alliance

It's a legit strat. Why not? The issue we used to have was that it was too /easy/ of a strat... I don't believe the guys on top are doing it very "easily" at the moment.

Gen. Volkov

Well, before the stoat changes, it was easy. Dimmu is sitting on about 19 bil food. I guess I'd just like it more if there was a more effective way to combat it than poison or sack. Yeah, it's legit, but it still seems rather easy.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Marell

Trust me, the changes to stoat have made it a whole lot harder.
Not only does it make it harder to put up a decent leader defence, but the changes also create a huge shortage on loyalty....meaning it is necessary to use a hybrid strat in which troops are massed while earning loyalty. What im trying to say is that...the food massing days of stoat are over, or thats how i see it. You probably know this already being a stoat yourself.
Correct i have about 19 bil food + 10 on market, which is about the same as i had 2 weeks ago. So yeah, no need to worry about the food networth i don't think.
And i'm not just saying this because food has me in the number 1 spot, because i will be leaving redwall in about 10 days time anyway...for a whole year at least!! while doing my final year of school.

edit: You are right however...sack and poison (once shields are raised) arent all that strong, you may have a point there.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Marell on January 19, 2008, 10:14:27 PM
Trust me, the changes to stoat have made it a whole lot harder.
Not only does it make it harder to put up a decent leader defence, but the changes also create a huge shortage on loyalty....meaning it is necessary to use a hybrid strat in which troops are massed while earning loyalty. What im trying to say is that...the food massing days of stoat are over, or thats how i see it. You probably know this already being a stoat yourself.
Correct i have about 19 bil food + 10 on market, which is about the same as i had 2 weeks ago. So yeah, no need to worry about the food networth i don't think.
And i'm not just saying this because food has me in the number 1 spot, because i will be leaving redwall in about 10 days time anyway...for a whole year at least!! while doing my final year of school.

edit: You are right however...sack and poison (once shields are raised) arent all that strong, you may have a point there.

Well heck if your leaving can i sack you for some food then??? would you be mad? :P
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Marell

I'd suggest you don't. Seeing im leaving the game for a while i'll probably think...who should i wreck before leaving?? haha

Alazar is Back

Haha, your no fun! :'( I really could use some of that food....please? Joking.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

wolf bite

Believes an all food strat is fine, but using food for net reasons only just makes a large separation between the rich and poor. Thus in a game that never ends, having food that is impossible (almost) to take, will make people too high of net and the game will fail. See "market" topic.

Does no one else see this?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Shadow

solution: get rid of troop training for leaders
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

wolf bite

More time spent on making new-new-new-new changes to fix something that was added rather than work on the priorities?

Membership is again picking up on reg as the season is here.  How many of those people will leave because we have no help, no guide, no tutorial, no tips? 

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Peace Alliance

the new market makes it /harder/ for food massers to have unattainable food.

... and then shadow suggested taking an old and broken feature /out/ of the game. Thats significently different from "making new-new-new-new changes"

[edited out the snark]

Shadow

Quote from: wolf bite on January 24, 2008, 09:17:12 AM
More time spent on making new-new-new-new changes to fix something that was added rather than work on the priorities?

Membership is again picking up on reg as the season is here.  How many of those people will leave because we have no help, no guide, no tutorial, no tips? 

Wolf Bite

I agree the guides and tutorials are priority, but how hard is it to remove old code? Probably a lot easier than making new code. 99% of good ideas involve taking something out of the model rather than adding something new.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

removing the group attacking proved to be quite hard. Shael did it a bunch of months ago, and we couldn't get it to work properly. Unfortunately, we don't have a copy of the pre-group attacking code... my e mails to retto have gone unanswered :(

lonewolf1817

shadow.... give me a rundown.... how would removing troop training help?
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all