Shael is engaged :)

Started by The Lady Shael, May 16, 2013, 07:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

So my boyfriend proposed to me a couple nights ago. :) Wanted to share with you guys because I've shared many things on these forums in the past decade.

Storytime: So, I was on vacation with my family in California, and I was coming back home by myself (wish I had more vacation hours) Tuesday night. I had asked my boyfriend to pick me up and of course he agreed.

He had been texting me the whole day, which wasn't really too unusual, but it made me think "Wow, he must really miss me". Later he told me he just couldn't contain his excitement. :)

I got off the plane in my hometown, walked out to the main area and saw him waiting at the bottom of the ramp with a sign that had my name on it. I thought "Awwww, that's cute. Cheesy but really cute." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my roommate and her boyfriend with cameras but before I could process that, my boyfriend flipped his sign over, which then read "Will you marry me?". I was so surprised, definitely wasn't expecting it. But of course I was really happy. :) And then he did the whole kneeling down, presenting the ring and popped the question. And of course I said yes. :D

A few pictures:

Vincent looking for me as people start coming down

Me after he flipped the sign over and I realized what was going on

Silly grins :)

Putting the gorgeous ring on my finger

We met on a dating website, and we've been together for just a little over a year. No wedding date set yet, though we'll probably shoot for sometime next year. :)
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Krowdon

Oh Shael that's wonderful. Congratulations!
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Holby

I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Taek

Congradulations from me as well

Ungatt Trunn II

DIE HIPPIE DIE

windhound

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Kilkenne

Airport confirmed #2 most romantic place (behind Arby's). Congrats Shael, that's awesome news

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Genevieve

Congratulations! Being married is the best!

Uiblis

I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Raggon

What they said.  ;) Yay!
I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Ruddertail

So, better late than never. . . Congrats!
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward