DELTA vs. Spetsnaz

Started by Ungatt Trunn II, April 10, 2009, 10:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn II

Who would win in a battle; the crazy, harshly trained Spetsnaz, or the well trained and equipped DELTA force?

Also each side has a super-ninja that they could use in any way they like...
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Krowdon

I dunno. I guess the Ninjas could kill them both off then the ninjas would win.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Gen. Volkov

The question is irrelevant. The two forces are trained for completely different missions. Delta Force is a hostage rescue unit. They are trained primarily in breaking into a fortified position and rescuing hostages, killing anyone who is holding them hostage, as quickly as possible. Spetsnaz are Russian Special Forces, they do all types of missions. A much better question would be, who would win, a Navy SEAL Team, or a unit of the Spetsnaz. The answer? The SEALs, hands down. The physical portion of their training is only slightly less rough than what Spetsnaz go through, and in all other areas they are better trained. They are also far better equipped and supported.

As for the super-ninjas... a SEAL would take the one the Spetsnaz had out from over a mile away with a sniper rifle. Wouldn't even be a factor. Besides, SEALs are at least as stealthy and badass as any ninja who ever lived. If the ninja wasn't taken out early on, he'd probably get captured, as he was sneaking up on one of the SEALs, by that guys buddy, who the ninja never even realized was there.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ungatt Trunn II

OK, so what if Spetsnaz was holding some really important US hostage (say, the president) so they sent in DELTA?

Also, the super ninja are just in it for the fun....

AND, yea Navy Seals are pretty cool.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Shadow

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on April 12, 2009, 03:00:57 AM
The question is irrelevant. The two forces are trained for completely different missions. Delta Force is a hostage rescue unit. They are trained primarily in breaking into a fortified position and rescuing hostages, killing anyone who is holding them hostage, as quickly as possible. Spetsnaz are Russian Special Forces, they do all types of missions. A much better question would be, who would win, a Navy SEAL Team, or a unit of the Spetsnaz. The answer? The SEALs, hands down. The physical portion of their training is only slightly less rough than what Spetsnaz go through, and in all other areas they are better trained. They are also far better equipped and supported.

As for the super-ninjas... a SEAL would take the one the Spetsnaz had out from over a mile away with a sniper rifle. Wouldn't even be a factor. Besides, SEALs are at least as stealthy and badass as any ninja who ever lived. If the ninja wasn't taken out early on, he'd probably get captured, as he was sneaking up on one of the SEALs, by that guys buddy, who the ninja never even realized was there.

Nationalism is cute
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

QuoteNationalism is cute

It's not Nationalism, SEALs are just straight up better than Spetsnaz. But Israeli Special Forces are at least as good as SEALs, if not better.

QuoteOK, so what if Spetsnaz was holding some really important US hostage (say, the president) so they sent in DELTA?

In that unlikely situation, I'd give the advantage to the Delta Force, as they would have surprise on their side.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Shadow

I'm just messing volk. But for the record, if the president was a hostage, I doubt that the Russians would be surprised to see Delta lol.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Russia win because their communist, end of. ;)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ungatt Trunn II

Yes because as history has shown us communism ALWAYS works  :D
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Firetooth

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on April 13, 2009, 05:45:10 AM
Yes because as history has shown us communism ALWAYS works  :D
Definetly ;)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI'm just messing volk. But for the record, if the president was a hostage, I doubt that the Russians would be surprised to see Delta lol.

LOL, right. And yeah, they wouldn't be surprised to see Delta, but they couldn't stay alert and ready to go 24/7, so Delta would still have the element of surprise when they did attack. It always helps to be able to choose the when and how of an engagement with the enemy. That's why ambushes are so effective, even if the possibility is known.

Gorak

Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Ungatt Trunn II

DIE HIPPIE DIE

Gorak

Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Gen. Volkov

The paper bag wins. LOL. Kidding.