Turbo Round 20 Immortalization

Started by The Lady Shael, February 28, 2009, 09:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf Snare

LOL

Your instincts are always spot on Kyle, but I probably wasn't who you thought I was. I was "to" (messed up signing up and hit enter, lol) but I was planning to take you down nonetheless.. what else is new though?  ;)
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Peace Alliance

Quote from: Shadow on February 28, 2009, 10:15:27 PM
I was livewire. And no, I didn't hire the merc, although I wasn't sad about it haha. If I wanted you smashed I would never have made that deal with you.

For the record though, I don't think it made a difference. I was always one run ahead of you, you would almost catch up and I would pull ahead again, so it wasn't quite a standoff. In the end I was 2 runs ahead, although I didn't take my last run. So without the smashing, all things being equal, I would have won by one run.

Good race though, it was fun. I expected a takedown attempt from you and snare at the end after all those failed espies :P

Well I couldn't make a stong enough case that you hired the merc. But when i was operating under that assumption the plan was to kill Lord Hypnos (#21) and begin bashing you...

Anyway, you only won with 50m NW over me, and 1 run ahead. I think if i hadn't been taken down to 4k land I would have been able to get 50m more NW... Or if i hadn't gone out friday night and came home and ran instead, haha.

Also, I'm surprised it was you because I would have thought your land scraping skills were better. I out-scraped you ever run... So maybe i'm not just being cocky when i crown myself the land-scraping king of RWL?

Wolf Snare

lol, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who Kyle is, his names are always unique when not "Shadow" and his distinct writing style in his notice always gives him away for me. On the issue of land scraping, truly enough, you are a god at it, probably because you are trigger happy with f5+enter and have highspeed  ;) But do not doubt kyles scraping ability when he is actually running to scrape. As we all known, landgrabbing is strategy specific, and it makes all the difference in the long run when to know to stop or keep going to benefit yourself. You have a bond with the game and tend to play by feel, while Kyle almost always runs strategy specific to get the most out of runs. Depending on whether or not you guys were gathering loyalty separate from feast runs, it's all a matter of opinion on when to stop scraping. Obviously, you want all the land you can get when making a loyalty run.... but if you guys were stopping partway through to feast, it's all personal judgement on when to stop attacking and start feasting to benefit yourself the most. Don't forget that Kyle will almost always drop to 175 ratio to prevent ownage afterwards as well. but heh, just my insight on this lurrvly morning.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

I'm assuming you were (Wo?)Man, right snare? Or maybe you were Chris hanson ^^
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Wolf Snare

No, I was "To", used a grand total of about 300 turns lol.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Peace Alliance

We were both feasting separate to our loyalty runs.

Blobfish

Quote from: Wolf Snare on March 02, 2009, 07:28:36 AM
No, I was "To", used a grand total of about 300 turns lol.
lol, bravo. I kept thinking you were going to take us down :D
who was (Wo?)Man then, as they said they were you :o
Worship the mighty Blobfish

Quote from: Blobfish on May 01, 2011, 12:04:37 PM
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.59

Rights are for the weak.

Shadow

Not quite peace, I did about half and half dedicated loyalty runs and loyalty/feast runs. Like snare says, it all depended on the land situation. It got hard to get good scraping runs in toward the end, since unclanned I was only able to hit within the top 12. I only did about 3 runs where I dedicated it all to scraping, though, and the last one ended at 110k land, which is about what you were getting. Yeah, I thought you were the (wo)man to snare haha. And yeah, I always sound pompous when writing on the internet haha, if you look for it you can always find it.

What I meant by two runs peace was that I had a full run on the last day and didn't take it. If you had passed me I would have, but I thought that unless you passed me I was better off keeping my 500 defense ratio. Turns out it was a good move. So from where you were, the extra run would have tied us, and I would still have won by 50m without the guy hitting you.

And about the smashing, I really don't know what I can say to convince you I didn't do it, other than to say that I much prefer fair fights, otherwise it isn't a test of skill but a test of who plays dirtier. Maybe he can come forward and vouch, I dunno.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Blobfish

Quote from: Shadow on March 02, 2009, 08:14:13 AM
And yeah, I always sound pompous when writing on the internet haha, if you look for it you can always find it.
And you're always logged in on forums whilst on turbo :P
Worship the mighty Blobfish

Quote from: Blobfish on May 01, 2011, 12:04:37 PM
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.59

Rights are for the weak.

Shadow

Haha that too. I did't really try to hide that round, I just didn't advertise myself.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Roselin Poisonblade

#14 yeay, my best yet. congrats to those who made top 15

Ereptor

Sorry Shadow, I didn't mean to get you pinned for my deeds.  I was chris hanson and I just saw a hole in someone and did the market theft.  I also stole leaders from peace to do it and then planned to kill hypnosis or whatever his name was.  I was acting on my own and deserved my two kills that I received.
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

windhound

Ahaha
That was -my- food you turd, Plus was mine.

I gotta admit though, I was rather disappointed when you sent a threatening note to Firetooth and not me, after I did 90% of the work for the kill
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Marell

Hmm well someone really fooled me, I thought Snare was The Wo(man)  as well.

I was Lord Hypnos btw.

Quote from: Ereptor on March 02, 2009, 06:05:45 PM
planned to kill hypnosis or whatever his name was. 
Quote from: Peace Alliance on March 02, 2009, 05:18:33 AM
the plan was to kill Lord Hypnos (#21)

:o

meestir amayzing