Olympics

Started by The Lady Shael, August 08, 2016, 09:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Anyone else watching the Olympics? Favorite sports to watch?
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Neobaron

I half expected this to be a UMD topic when I saw the title.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

The Lady Shael

UMD...almost forgot about that forum.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

wolf bite

Normally I am glues to the set for the Olympics. This year I have not as of yet got the bug to watch. I like the individual sports. Like track and field or gymnastics.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Briar

Quote from: wolf bite on August 09, 2016, 08:05:37 AM
Normally I am glues to the set for the Olympics. This year I have not as of yet got the bug to watch. I like the individual sports. Like track and field or gymnastics.

Wolf Bite

Almost thought that was a Zika joke......

I typically watch gymnastics but am now limited to 50 GB of data a month (I live in the sticks and have satellite, so tv watching is very limited.) Monitoring online is what I have to do this year.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Gen. Volkov

I'm vaguely paying attention, if only to be able to converse coherently with my co-workers. To be honest, I'm way more amped about football finally coming back. I was getting so desperate, I was watching CFL games.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

Did anyone run into the inexplicably placeds goalpost? Because that's a thing in the CFL.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

Quote from: Neobaron on August 08, 2016, 09:07:55 PM
I half expected this to be a UMD topic when I saw the title.

Ha, I spent a full minute trying to find it in the UMD board....

I watched the opening ceremony, the projections were cool. Although I'm not really getting the whole climate change agenda from a host city where 80% of their sewage runs untreated into the ocean......
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Gen. Volkov

Yes, like twice, and I was like wat. The CFL is weird.

Juska, they really suck at regular old pollution, but like 80% of their vehicles run on ethanol. So you know, its a mixed bag.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Neobaron

The other 20% run on motorbike stickups and child labor.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Gen. Volkov

Accurate. Child labor is carbon neutral though.

Juska

Glad you guys could clear that one up for me.
Current Empires:

Gen. Volkov

What is this? Do I sense... sarcasm??? Juska, you wound me so. Here I am, conversing with you in good faith, and you take my comments askance? Oh woe! Travail! Travesty! To think I am so untrusted! I am cut to the quick! Wounded with no hope of healing!

;p

Juska

Quite the contrary Volkov. The revelation that child labor is carbon neutral has changed my entire worldview.
Current Empires:

Gen. Volkov

I'm here to help. :P

Anyway, back to the weirdness of the CFL, that whole "wide receivers can get a running start" rule about movement before the snap drives me nuts. It must drive the refs nuts too, because it literally always seems like they are offsides. Also, I guess the defenses have developed ways to to combat it, but I honestly can't see the value of running the ball in the CFL. Your wideouts are hitting the line of scrimmage at full speed, so the defensive backs can't jam them, and they basically are always getting a free release. That's a quaterbacks dream right there.