dropped the bomb

Started by Wolf Snare, April 13, 2010, 12:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Pippin

1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Shadow

Take it somewhere else you two.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Purple Dragon

Quote from: Sevz on April 14, 2010, 10:17:26 AM
how many rats did it take to do the first break?
Classified information.

Dog Days got some well earned standard attacks. not smart massing rats to break the emp with around. feel free to try again.
People with resources are due for a Shadow Trademark (leader suicides) finished with a market kidnapping.

Time for you guys to lock ;)

Confirmed team is
Oblit
Alazar
Snare

1 other is pending

magine...am I the pending..? I've had a fun round so far, Sevz and I are actually getting along...who'da thunk. Alazar, excellent job on the indying...and you oblit but you havent run lately. My goal this round is 3bil net with food to send to whoever deserves it the most:P
I have a Purple Dragon. I shall love him and I shall cuddle him and I shall call him Squishy. And He Breathes Fire.

"After stealing the TV, washing the dishes doesn't make up for it" - Wolf Bite directed at Sevz :D

"I got one!" - Revelation when he killed that one clanned account that never played and had 250 land:P

Gen. Volkov

Quote from: AlazarWell obviously I am growing older and changing a bit as I age...

Meh, it's not just that. But I don't want to offend you, so I'm not going to elaborate.

QuoteAs for valhall being more of a solo environment, you are right in some respects. Not many people clan for the fear of being killed, but almost everyone there works in teams. It is no different then here.

I mean the code there isn't as based around team play as the code here is. I'm sure people still work together, it's hard not too if you want a reasonable chance at winning.

QuoteLizard is a worthless indy race. There is a reason why noone uses it. You do NOT understand what I mean. Go to valhall and look at their race charts, and then you will understand.

It's not entirely worthless.

QuoteWe may work better as a team yes, one against one valhall players shut down players here. You also have to realize that many of these players that I call Valhall players go under the QMT flag during clan competitions as well as other places.

QMT, Valhall, it doesn't matter, I've played darn near everywhere in my day. There are certain players at every site who wipe the floor with everyone else on that site. If all those guys gathered on one site and played though, they'd likely all be pretty evenly matched.

Quote from: ObliteratorMabey we should do it again sometime.
I reckon it could be fun.

Several people, including myself, have tried to organize another RWL team for the Clan Competition, but no one seemed interested.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Obliterator

Im interested
And im sure ally would join.
Theres two.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Gen. Volkov

Last one had a lot more than 3 people.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Daryn

Nice team.

And I was surprised at myself for increasing my net by 200k in 550 turns, lol. Thanks peeps for all that land.
Pies.

Sevz

Quote from: The Purple Dragon on April 22, 2010, 04:32:21 PM

I've had a fun round so far, Sevz and I are actually getting along...who'da thunk.

You've always been respectful.

A strong finish in redwall completely depends on the actions of others. If you make 10billion networth i'll kill it if i can be bothered. There's a few people just like me who i avoid. In other games an Empire controls their Empire. Some servers have strict policies, some have no rules. Redwall has luck of the draw. You log on and hope the land is on an indy with a gap in there defense. 500k-21strikes or up to 240strikes.
If your weak with leaders for just 1 day i can destroy all 20 days of your perfectly generated networth. Not fair for you half experienced players that don't see the wolf in the chicken den. Most people learn the hard way.

Our team is too strong for any rivaling team.
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Firetooth

Quote from: Alazar is Back on April 22, 2010, 10:53:56 AM
Quote from: Firetooth on April 22, 2010, 10:41:19 AM
Ally, Lizard has it's advantages. Don't whine if you don't know how to use them-it's a better indy race then rat on the defensive, for one thing, and their power is also more useful.

I am not "whining". I am simply stating that if you want to compete as an indy, noone smart will use a lizard. There is a reason that ALMOST everyone uses rat. Actually everyone in turbo at the moment is a rat. Hmmm...I wonder why? You have played at Valhall so you of all people talking should understand what I mean by different indy races.

I do, but I think we need different strats (farmer, casher) like you said, not more indies. I think this game has more balance then valhall in some respects, namely mager/leader isn't the only solo way to go. Plus clans are nigh useless in valhall.
Lizard is an intersting race. Rat is more useful generally, and definetly for team, but Lizard does have it's advantages. I spelled them out in my post. Ive seen may more players get further solo with a lizard then rat, because it's better defensive if you want to try to lock.
I understand where you're coming from, but try making do for now. I don't see any new races being put in anytime soon. Vahall has a HUGE list of races, and I don't see RWL getting that many anytime soon.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sevz

Quote from: Firetooth on April 23, 2010, 07:14:36 AM

Lizard is an intersting race. Rat is more useful generally, and definetly for team, but Lizard does have it's advantages. I spelled them out in my post. Ive seen may more players get further solo with a lizard then rat, because it's better defensive if you want to try to lock.
I understand where you're coming from, but try making do for now. I don't see any new races being put in anytime soon. Vahall has a HUGE list of races, and I don't see RWL getting that many anytime soon.

The problem with Lizard was it had terrible costs whenever you held a small army of stoats or skiffs. The production is slightly slower so at this game so it's pretty much extinct like wildcat stoat wolf or painted one. Can't defend leaders.
The only way to work these retired breeds is by combining attributes. At valhall there's around 30 races that have been thoughtfully added over a period of time and all races are capable of winning in the right hands. Redwall is a game of luck. either have a strong lead for the last few days when it's approximately reset time and hope the cycle of takedowns works in your favor or play like an enthusiast.
Peace out chimps.

The Purple Dragon

whats this valhal website
I have a Purple Dragon. I shall love him and I shall cuddle him and I shall call him Squishy. And He Breathes Fire.

"After stealing the TV, washing the dishes doesn't make up for it" - Wolf Bite directed at Sevz :D

"I got one!" - Revelation when he killed that one clanned account that never played and had 250 land:P

Firetooth

Just out of curiosity, does anybody other then me and Ally play there atm?
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gorak

I haven't played there in awhile
but used to be very active there for years

I agree, valhall races (based on QMT for the most part, with more added) are much more balanced, and so you see more races and strats being used.
I also agree that the overall average skill level at both sites is higher then here, though many of the "greats" no longer play

as for clan play, back when I still played there, Valhall Strategy server was the best clan server around, with epic clan wars.
then everyone became obsessed with must play solo, FA should be banned, clans should not have any bennefit for having a tag, blah, blah, blah.
the result... Valhall is dying

Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.