New Game Rule

Started by wolf bite, January 19, 2006, 12:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

New game rule.

There will be no third party codes running behind anyone?s account. No scripts, No computer driven turns beyond what the game program allows. In the future anyone caught doing so will have their account instantly disabled.

Earlier today I detected a code that seemed to be running behind Beatles account. I have verified with him that he had one but thought nothing wrong if the program does not do any attacks, only works like a land scout. Frankly there is no rule against what he did at the time that he did it. It would be unfair to retroactively punish him for something that was never thought of to be made against the rules. Thus I have disabled the turbo account for 24 hours for him to remove any sub programs running in the game.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

The Beatles

Thanks for letting me know, and for acting fairly. :)

Josh

we had beatles at like >40 acres and i spent more than 5 billion dollars in buying free land from him
talk about a set back lol
sneaky sneaky john

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

no bots... 'tis a fair rule. one i thought[/r] already exhisted, but i now think that i must have that confused with the rules on the old text based game i played before RWL

Josh

nope, they outlawed bots 2 years ago when i used them under an alias, they usedi t as an excuse to ban me

convenient how that seems to slip administrative memory as someone ELSE is using bots.
24 hour ban for someone who has done more malicious things to the server than i ever did
i just played the gmae and used vulgar language
in ever abused the server

Gen. Volkov

Right Josh. Pull the other one. It's got bells on.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Josh

im not arguing
it doesn't change the outcome in any way
just tossing a few facts around
not like they  wrote down the rule, it was just an excuse i suppose,
kinda like how the entire sympatico ISP is range-banned
beucase if they're on sympatico it must be me
:O
seealso:
habit vs character

aaron;(

bjornredtail

I must wonder, what abut a program that uses the game's built in comand line interface, or other options that players could otherwise execuate manually. For example, suppose I have a macro that launches a web browser, logs in to RWL, types some stuff into the command line automaticly, then logs out. Would that be allowed?
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

The Beatles

I think that'd be a script too, but you'd have to ask the admin dudes. I think the point is to prevent scripted camping.

Peace Alliance

when turns are taken, they should be controled manually by a human being (or at least a humanoid)