Forum condensation?

Started by Peace Alliance, March 29, 2005, 02:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

I really am thinking that the forums need to be re-ordered, and rearranged. I think it would make a huge difference.

Firstly, i don't think we need a forum for every single topic that comes to mind. Some forums could be condensed. By putting more stuff into one forum, you have a more active forum, and more people looking at that forum.

For example, I think we should make a General Game Discussion forum that houses the Reg forum, Developement forum, stratagy forum, and maybe even the clan forum (although if RWL ever gets big again, we should consider keeping the clan forum seperate, but atm its not very active anyways) that would make all those topics in one forum, for everyone to see and discuss openly. I think it would make more people interested in these forums.

Then a General Discussion / Spa / role-playing forum could be condensed, putting all of the out-of-game chit chat into one forum, meaning more readers, more interest, more fun... i just donno what we'd call this forum. maybe the Generspa Role-scussion?

I also think the order should be re-arranged as such:

News / Updates

General Game Discussion
Turbo Specific Discussion
Polling
Help / Bugs

General Discussion
Role-playing

Clan forums (all inside this one thing so that theres gigantic scroll)

RWL conventions

this ordering seems to get people to the more popular/important forums first. We could be livening this place up! I urge you to consider the suggested changes!  

bjornredtail

I tried to bring this up...

My idea was to put the clans forum (NOT THE INDIVIDUAL CLAN FORUMS) with the related game discussions (that's where most external clan discussion is anyways). Next was to do the same with stragity, for the same reason. Finaly, dump the contents of polling into the GD, then allow polls in the GD again, so that real polls go here, and pointless ones go to the spa room.

• Announcements
  • General Discussion
  • UMD
  • Reg Discussion
  • Turbo Discussion
  • Help/Bugs/Dev
  • Role Playing
  • Spa Room
  • Clan forums (Internal)
  • Conventions
    [/list:u]

Also, perhaps we could set up a Wiki for the tutorial and other documentation delevopment? I would be glad to do it over on FAF's Sourceforge account.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!