Time Travel

Started by Firetooth, April 08, 2008, 03:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

A new story I started.

Basically four kids stumble across a hole in time.

Sounds simple?

There's a twist to it, Ill post the first chapter of the story here once I do a few more. Im only onto chapter 3
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Firetooth

Here's the first chapter, though it's by far not the best, Im onto the fourth now:

Chapter one
What a day...

Joe Reid was just another average child. He had messy, wild brown hair, common brown eyes and an average build. He was 13years old and growing rapidly upwards, He could never of guessed what was about to happen to him on an ordinary, summer day.
   It was the weekend and he was out in the park with his friends, Jimmy, David and Matt. They were having a game of football (Joe was upfront) when Joe shot, Matt (in goal) dived and pushed the ball away, but it rolled down the road into an alleyway and into a boarded up building through a crack in the wall, the boys followed.
  Once they got inside, they surveyed their surroundings, rags and dirty clothes were scattered everywhere, an army knife lay on a table with a chair leg held together only with sell tape. A damp chair lay in a corner. There was another room, an eerie light came from it.
  "That's weird" Jimmy observed
  "What, are you scared?" Matt snorted "Lets give it a look" they walked into the room, then gasped, in the floor there was a huge gap, and in it was a stream of weird light, it looked almost like a portal.
  "darn...what is that thing?" Joe said nervously, if Joe got a gut feeling something was wrong, he was usually right.
  "Dunno" replied Matt, who was the boldest, least cautious of the lot "but I'm gonna check it out, any other takers?"
  "Im not so sure..." Joe began
  "Fine, suit yourself" replied matt curtly "anyone else interested" 
  "I am!" David and Jimmy both shouted at the same time, Joe sighed, rolled his eyes then said
  "I suppose Im in as well then"
  "Good" said matt, running his hand through his hair to make sure it was still sticking up (he had an obsession with hair gel) then carried on, the football totally forgotten "lets go and check it out"
  Joe sighed, then grumbled "I suppose Ill go first" he thought it was just a prank.
It wasn't.
He couldn't have imagined the feeling as he stepped through the portal.
No one knew what he had just started.
  "If Joe can do it so can I!" Matt exclaimed, and jumped through as well, followed by the others.
   It's hard to describe what it feels like to travel through time, you feel nothing, yet at the same time everything, it's like your eyes are finally opened for the first time, like you've woken up from a dream.
   After that all Joe felt was himself slamming to the floor and passing out.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Firetooth

Another exper from chapter four, you'll have to guess what happens in beetween :P

"Indeed" Mr Trace replied "Greetings children, go through that door and you'll find the consoles, we'll be right behind you"
    Only Joe seemed to have noticed the sly wink, but his friends were having such a good time he didn't dare mention it.
    It was a mistake he'd rue for years.
    As soon as they walked in, Charles slammed a button outside the door and it locked, then him and Mr Trace laughed evilly.
   "Oh no!" cried Jimmy
   "Quick, all try to knock the door down! Shouted Joe, knowing it would fail but they might as well try.
    So they all bashed and kicked at the door but suddenly Jimmy collapsed.
   "What the-" David started, then collapsed beside him.
   "Gas" Matt managed to splutter, then passed out as well.
   "darn that fat idiot and that posh snob!" Joe shouted, then fell beside them.
    Their future was sealed. Nothing could be done now.

Firetooth

Last expert for a while, probarbly the best so far:

As he's walking through the park, he doesn't realise a figure following him until their upon him.
The man with the knife.
He struggles, kicks and hits until he's out of his grasp then runs. How to escape? Then he sees it, another portal, full of delight, he dives in, readying himself for the impact this time. He landed with a thud, but stayed conscious, then ran, keen to get away from his pursuer. He was in a metallic, claustrophobic interior, dark and hard to see, he felt his way along. Suddenly, his foot was caught on something he looked down and screamed.
A man's corpse.
The man was some sort of soldier, his eyes were rolled back, only the whites showing. Dried blood was around the edge of his mouth and he had a deep claw mark on his side. He held an automatic pistol. Joe was going to scream, but then stopped. How stupid was he? Whatever killed this man would now know someone else is alive! In fear, he grabbed the mans pistol, then ran, lost and unsure how to get back to the portal.
Suddenly the lights flicked off. Its alright he told himself they'll come on again in a few seconds.
And they did, but when they did he screamed.
A savage, lean, gaunt creature was standing before him. Covered in scales, it had huge, blood-stained teeth and claws. It leapt and the lights flick off, and then on, just in time for him to catch another glance of it.
Then he ducked and it landed behind him, then growled, in terror he shot, but missed, then regaining calm, concentrated, and as it leapt, he put all his focus on the one shot.
Bang!
A head shot.
It dropped dead mere centre metres away from him "darn" was all he could manage to say as sweat dripped off his head, he didn't have a clue where he was, but it wasn't good. He needed to reach the portal or die here.