Gathering land

Started by Firetooth, February 24, 2011, 03:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

Post reserved for later. Not enough players seem to know how to gather land properly, hopefully this thread will help.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Juska

Pick the person with the most land, break him until he doesn't have the most land or is maxed and then pick the next person......is it really that complicated?
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

The Obliterator

Yeah and don't stop attacking
like untill you are going to end your run on 100 health exactly keep attacking
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

The Lady Shael

Newbies don't know that though. They fear attacking like cats fear water. Many of them consider attacking 6 or 7 times to be a declaration of war, so I can totally understand why Firetooth made this topic.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

Quote from: Juska on February 24, 2011, 03:19:35 PM
Pick the person with the most land, break him until he doesn't have the most land or is maxed and then pick the next person......is it really that complicated?
Or when you don't understand the concept of clanning, when the land is even, when you can't break etc. Maybe for a player who specializes as indy it's easy, but for newer players it is not, which is why we get a player on 150k land then the next nobody's on more then 70k.

Partly due to dropping and laziness, but hopefully this thread will help.
Quote from: The Lady Shael on February 24, 2011, 03:46:32 PM
Newbies don't know that though. They fear attacking like cats fear water. Many of them consider attacking 6 or 7 times to be a declaration of war, so I can totally understand why Firetooth made this topic.
Thank you, that is the main reason I made it.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Juska

Hmm, guess I'm not thinking like a new player.  Your talking more about a general Attacking Guide than a how to on land gathering.

Part of your guide should be about judging troops amounts based on networth and news searching the guy your about to attack to judge his preferred type and so estimate his forces when you can't spy him, or sending only 1k of each type and reading the losses if a nifty trick to find weak spots. Also, if you can't break someone try doubling your troops or make sure your health is full before you try again. The thing I see new players do the most is fail 5+ times on the same enemy.
Current Empires:

The Lady Shael

Those are all great tips...the new players definitely should read those. SK and IOCB are the newbie clans who need the most help right now.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Juska

SK could use some help learning how to not attack, from my experience at least.
Current Empires:

The Lady Shael

Sevah

Watch Sevz #10 in turbo

Best way to do it is pick the best land target first, work your way up as an indy or down as a leaderer

Be stingy with turns and try not to leave anyone with more than the set amount for the day
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.