Steal

Started by Vargarth, June 16, 2010, 01:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vargarth

What do you have to have to execute a steal successfully? It is not a better leader ratio?
Collapsing and Expanding Dem Categories with no help from Kilk!

Shadow

You need your attack ratio to be better than their defense ratio by a factor of (I think) 1.5.

Attack ratio is calculated as follows:

(2 * your leaders) / (your land + enemy land)

and defense ratio is just leaders/land.

Moved to strategy
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Holby

I think it's 2 or 2.2.
I will not deleted this

Shadow

Pretty sure thats what you need to take land in a leader attack. But you could be right.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Duke

If memory serves, you need a 1.8 for Open Ops and a 2.2 for a successful Attack. Both have a minimum ratio of 50 required, though that ratio will be adjusted by the race advantages or disadvantages; a Rat would need a higher ratio than a Stoat, who would need a higher ratio than a Wolf. The key to successful missions...

Leaders / huts = Leader ratio
(Opponent leaders / opponent land) * 1.05 = Opponent's defense ratio
Your Leaders / [(Opponent Land + Your Land)/2] = Your attack ratio
Your attack ratio / opponent's defense ratio = Your attack advantage

Espionage: 1.05
Murder: 1.15
Steal: 1.6?
Poison: 1.7?
Open Attack Ops: 1.8
Attack: 2.2

As a side-note, Attack may cast successfully but fail and cost you and your opponent leaders. The percentages, if memory serves, is 5% of your opponent's leaders are lost and 10% of your own leaders are lost. You will be unable to cast Attack with less than a 50 leader ratio. An easy remedy for this is to use Capture on another player (to steal leaders & some land) if you're indying, or to destroy huts if you're leadering.