Kinect

Started by Blood Wake, November 07, 2010, 08:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blood Wake

Anyone played the Xbox camera dealy? It works really well at detecting what you're doing and is super user friendly. It's pretty awesome
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Gen. Volkov

No, I do not want the Kinect. I don't want any motion gaming system, because they don't have any games I want. The only one I might consider is the Playstation Move, because they appear to be coming out with real games for it.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Gorak

i might try one out in the near future
my 360 just sits in a drawer collecting dust right now, might give me something to do with it

I love the Wii but do not have one, this might be a decent alternative
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Blood Wake

I don't think you'd regret it Gorak, it's quite the work out and eventually it'll have real games, the current mini games are mainly fun because of the awesome technology
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Twilight Shadow

Hey gorak since your 360 is sitting around, but you might break it out; are you willing to sell it?

Peace Alliance

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on November 07, 2010, 09:11:06 PM
No, I do not want the Kinect. I don't want any motion gaming system, because they don't have any games I want. The only one I might consider is the Playstation Move, because they appear to be coming out with real games for it.
I agree, when i play the Wii it's always that bowling, tennis or boxing. And it is always boring, stupid and childish. I am happy to see games for other demographics... But are they sure those demographics want such terrible games?

Neobaron

Quote from: Peace Alliance on November 08, 2010, 10:03:08 PM
Quote from: Gen. Volkov on November 07, 2010, 09:11:06 PM
I agree, when i play the Wii it's always that bowling, tennis or boxing. And it is always boring, stupid and childish. I am happy to see games for other demographics... But are they sure those demographics want such terrible games?

I don't buy an xbox because I don't want to play CoD with frat boys and other individuals who refer to one another as "bro." So I kinda understand this point.

Unless you were being sarcastic.

Which is possible.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Juska

QuoteI don't buy an xbox because I don't want to play CoD with frat boys and other individuals who refer to one another as "bro."

Ah, that gave me a good laugh thanks Neobaron.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Blood Wake

Kinect and PS Move are both supposed to be the "new system" by the two companies and they will try to make them last for ten or more years. XBox has always been more for hardcore gaming, just because the first games to come out and be announced aren't that interesting doesn't mean they aren't going to get good games. In fact, the Kinect Sports game that they have almost shouldn't even be compared to Wii Sports at all because they are on such different levels.

I'm not even into video games, I like strategy games and Final Fantasy though I can get  hooked on playing some online first person shooters from time to time. Like most people, I don't like the Wii. I never cared about the XBox. I like Playstation, mostly because of Final Fantasy and DVD playability. But, all I am saying, is that you all should check out how incredible Kinect works, I didn't expect it to be nearly as good as it is.

h

Firetooth

Get Xbox sheerly to play Mass Effect 1 and 2. (unless you have a PC good enough to handle them)
That is all.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Pippin

Quote from: Firetooth on November 11, 2010, 01:20:27 PM
Get Xbox sheerly to play Mass Effect 1 and 2. (unless you have a PC good enough to handle them)
That is all.

You deluded gibbon, get gears of war or halo, they are the games that have impressive online play and campaign.
That is all.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Twilight Shadow

I have halo reach, COd mod warfare 2, fifa 11 and mass effect 2 just got my xbox today, so what games do you recommend? Gears of war?

Pippin

Gears of war 2 is a 3rd person shooter which has a good campaign and it's pretty fun online if you play with friends. There's also a horde mode where you have to fight off waves of enemies, thats the general idea anyway. Oh and it has quite a lot of gore/blood involved just to warn you, like chainsaw massacres.

Halo reach is great as well, thats really fun online.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Blood Wake

h

Twilight Shadow

I am good at reach don't worry... online especially is fun we should play sometime together when we get a chance. I will send you a PM with my gamer-tag and then you can send me yours back and friend request me, just leave a note though on the request thing since I rarely check on forums lately (just once a day)

Is there any other games that you guys recommend?