Alcolite idea?

Started by Peace Alliance, September 02, 2004, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

joshy often got his friends to do that even without alcolite. it wasn't cheating then.. it was just unfare.

Veranor

Quote from: Peace Allianceyeah but what would be even cooler ( but a little complicated ) would be if you could earn like alcolite points, and then way in the future use them for something HUGE... *dreams*
Ok but then, what's the disadvantage of Alcolite. If all you get is good stuff then everyone will do it. Which isn't bad but it makes Clans A lot more powerful. If I give my leader lots of stuff and then I get to get free stuff. I can rinse and repeat.

Obviously it could work out, but it needs to be refined. IMHO. Cool idea though.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Wolf Snare

*nod*

Peace always thinks of good ideas..
One problem I noticed when reading through..
If one chooses to alcolite then receives 450 turns and full stored, it would be a very obvious way to cheat. They would just run their turns, and alcolite again. Sure, the leader wouldn't recieve too much. But say a player is told to scout 450 turns then alcolite over and over again, the leader would gain land like crazy. If a clan planned it and went on overnight, someone could dominate by trillions of NW and land within hours! Possibly make it so everyone has the option to alcolite only once every day or two?
I like the idea, and look forward to playing once all of the bugs are ironed out. :)  
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Peace Alliance

yes., good points. this topic is just to brainstorm though, so feel free to add to the idea.

and true wolf snare, that'd be an easy cheat. so maybe the warlord who alcolites just gets his horde reset, protection and all, with the regular... what is it 150 turns you start with? then, make it so they can't alocolite unless they're out of protection, and liek 30% of the leaders NW, that way you know they've worked to get up there. the alcolite could still be exploited, like at the beginning of the season it would be easy to over a week or so keep alcoliting because the clan leader wouldn't be getting that high up and it would be easy for people to get to 30%. but this would be cool because it would give the entire clan 1 player who is dominating while the rest suffer, then other clans have to try to do the same to take out the clan leaders. then that'll start more exciting clan wars, and so on.

also, its just more incentive to join a clan.. there aren't enough advantages to it at the moment. personally i only ever join to make a kill, or because of politics.

Holby

You could exploit it really well and have super-human hordes no-one could break :D
I will not deleted this

Ashyra Nightwing

Hmm... It could work, most likely not though...

Arguia Zsah

*has a feeling that that is not the point*

Peace Alliance

Quote from: Ashyra NightwingHmm... It could work, most likely not though...
I like your optamism ashyra, not to mention your brainstorming technique  :rolleyes:

heh, and holdy, they'd be super human, but the point is other clans would have to make one to take that one out, that would start clan wars.

Veranor

Quote from: Peace AllianceI like your optamism ashyra, not to mention your brainstorming technique  :rolleyes:

heh, and holdy, they'd be super human, but the point is other clans would have to make one to take that one out, that would start clan wars.
Of course the first clan to get max players who knows what they're doing will crush everyone else. But I agree incentives for clans are good. Right now the big advantage (and disadvantage) is unlimited attacks. Everyone knows that this is abused (joining to get unlimited attacks, then getting kicked by the leader, used by Peace's Assassin Clan Slayer to pretty much, own for a short while)  and while some people think it's a fair tactic, it's just cheap, especially in Slayer's form. This is semi off-topic but I'll just put it here anyways, since some of these would be important for Alcolite:

1. I am fairly certain that Slayer's leader was in protection, thus you couldn't attack him. Disregard the following if I'm wrong. A person in protection should NOT be able to make a clan. And, warlords on vacation should NOT be able to be pumped from alcolite. This would make the leader huge, and then when he/she was ready they could go out and kill  everyone and then go back onto vacation and wait 3 more days and continue to get pumped.

2. A clan goal would be interesting. Here's a rough example to illustrate what I mean: Suppose clans can construct certain special buildings that provide bonuses to them all. What happens is, the leader chooses a building to construct, then everyone else in the clan can contribute resources until there are enough to build this Monument/Wonder/Whatnot and everyone recieves a bonus. This is useful in two ways: first, it encourages clans which encourages politics (which I'm sure everyone agrees have always spurred playing and just made everything exciting: rome, slayer. etc.) and secondly, it discourages people from using the rejoining trick by dropping the resources of a player who leaves the clan (the $15 billion they contributed to the building is lost and the building is set back $15 billion; user gets nothing). But a clan goal could be anything: first to reach XX net wins set, whatever.

Anyone else got ideas? Again, didn't mean to get off-topic but it's kind of related.

#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Peace Alliance

yeah well the leader of slayer didn't make the clan whilst in protection, we just appointed him the leader afterwards.

and yeah, the leader being alcolited couldn't be in protection, or vacation, however, if the clan wants to alcolite him, then he takes a run and goes on vacation, thats a fair tactic. it just means in 3 days when he gets back in the game he'll have 0 turns... its really like nothing gained.

if they want to alcolite, then go into protection just so they can have a vacationed emperor, well we all know that it doesn't coun't becuase they're not actually playing the game, and people can do that now if they want, buy out mercinaries and then go to camp for the summer, thats how i did it, lol.

Wolf Snare

Ok.. Is this idea going to actually work? It is starting to seem like it will just be tossed aside like many other brilliant ideas that were simply forgotten...
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Retto

It will be tossed aside, because it is like inviting people to cheat. Anyone who figures out how to use a proxy, will use one and mess up the game. So we could do alcolites, but I'd have to finish putting in and turn on Iron Fist Security, which will probably block a third of the game from playing, at best.

I like the idea of a clan goal, though, that sounds like it could be interesting.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

wolf bite

Agrees with Retto.

And even without cheating it would be no fun. You make a leader and he has 4 legal friends. They all get full turns when still in protection, wipe out everyone they can, then hand everything up to the leader before anyone can attack them, then they all start new accounts to do the same thing again ... and again ... and again ...

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Peace Alliance

Right, so i figure the amendment would be to make it so the alcolite spell costs 450 turns.

And of course, only use this for special rounds of turbo.

Shadow

BUMP!

what happened to this idea? ^_^
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..