Quick Suggestions

Started by Orcrist, November 01, 2007, 12:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcrist

An actual economy:
OK, this could be a crazy idea, but why don't we raise the price of mercenaries and lower the amount you can get for selling mercenaries. At the same time, we could lower the cap (not completely, but somewhat) on the public market. This would force people to actually use the public market and create an actual economy. This would definitely hurt the leader looting strategies, but it would at least have the public market actually be a market and not just free storage (-20% loss I mean), and people would be forced to not just go straight huts and leaders. Instead, barracks would be much more important. And, in this way, diversity would arise: there would not be as many leader-powerful hordes, so leader players could succeed somewhat. But leaders would not have the chokehold that they currently do on the game.

Maybe in a future development (this is way down the line), we could even include resources to trade!

Workers:
A side note: I think workers should make a difference in how buildings perform. Such as, Towers only give 500 DP if manned by X soldiers/workers. Barracks and Markets work at 100% efficiency if only manned by X workers. Then we could have efficiency be a part of the game. Also, barrack efficiency could be worse than market efficiency (meaning it would take 3 workers for barracks to operate perfectly but only 2.6 for markets). These are random numbers. Anyway, this would force people to decide if it's worth the extra tents for workers to produce more troops. All in all, I think workers should be far more important in the game.

These are just a few ideas to force usage of more buildings in the game. I wrote a thread called something like 'Suggested New Developments' or something like that a while back. While some of those suggestions are just dumb in hindsight, they could prove interesting to look at for other ideas.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Peace Alliance

Orcrist

OK then let's run with it. How many workers do we think should be required to operate each building? By the way, if this does go through, we should either allow workers to be sent as aid or to be captured by troops (or both).
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Peace Alliance

I think the issue is that it would be super complicated... it's important to keep careful attention not to overcrowd the game. FaF added feature after feature until it all got gunked up