tax rate

Started by Annatar, January 19, 2003, 02:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annatar

whats the recommended tax rate? or rather what determines how high you should have your tax rate
Clan bright;

Chief Diplomat; Annatar
king of Numendor

Trident

It matters how much income you get a turn.  If it's negative, even with looting in or out of general's hut, then you may want to raise it.  15-25% is a good idea.  But you won't have vermin from mossflower join your cause when it's more than 10 or 15 (or so I think).

Tenchi Masaki

also after 30% tax, your army gets angry. and you loyalty goes down I think.
Tenchi Masaki , leader of Warriors of the Forgotten Realm
also known as Star Fox : mercenary division (#493)

Member of CAFIPUBEC at the forums! Sigmaker

"a wise man once said that one should not eat raisins but , should in fact smoke them."

"If you can't Surprize them with Knowlege, then you can bafle them with bull ****"

Menatus

10%. Even when I was losing 6,000,000 per turn. 10%.

Shytalon

I stick with 10 no matter what...

~Shy, Myuh!
"Like a song,
Out of tune and out of time,
All I needed was a rhyme for you.
C'est la vie."
~C'est la vie, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

~Assisstant to RFF, Rubinsky's Renegades (#15)

Deathclaw

Most use 19, but every time your tax rate is over 2 percent of the default 10, you lose 1 max HP. I like 10 to help keep attacks to a minimum with my high HP.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Wickedclaw

22%, you all might think I am crazy and I dont know what I am talking about, but seiously 22%. You still have 94% health and you still gain plenty of troops and loyalty, also workers. It has been working really well for me and my income is awesome.

~Wickedclaw~

The Beatles

As a fox, my tax rate was 5%, but now as a Wildcat, it's 20%

Holby

10 Now I don't have to make so many tents. *Does the "Anti-Tent" dance*
I will not deleted this

calria

16!!!!
*dances*
sweet sixteen, how lovely.

I really ought to lower that, though... haven't touched that in a long while, and I don't need it so high anymore.

Holby

"When you were sweeeeet, when you were sweeeeeeeeeeeet... Sixteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen."

*Much applause from audience, who love Holby's old songs*
I will not deleted this

RazorClaw

I was losing 10,000 a turn, so instead of constructing I simply increased my tax to 22%, and voila!, I was gaining 134,000 a turn. Now, of course, I'm losing 300,000.... :)  

calria

the problem with raising the tax rate to gain $ is that it's very hard to correct the economy if you operate on the high rate for a long time. And pretty soon you're loosing again and have to raise again... it's a vicious cycle.

*thoughtful*
someone should raise it to 100% and see what happens!

Holby

I think there's a limit to how high you can have it. I think.
I will not deleted this