Turbo Round Themes

Started by The Lady Shael, October 27, 2007, 11:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

You get a server on valhall where whoever kills the most wins. We should have that here :D
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

That could be a fun game, but new players might not like it very much. It could be something we organise as players withing a turob round with people who agree to play it.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

well, it would be called Kill alot or something and would have that it involves vigarous killing :P
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

krazilec

could we get 3 different rounds up?
norm turbo
settings turbo
reg

Briar

not really sure where to put this suggestion but....could we get an automatic refresh for both servers?  And an in game chat would be cool too.

I know nothing about coding, so I don't even know how difficult/ not difficult those things would be.  Just suggestions.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Marell

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but how bout:

A round where after selecting your race, you can customise and choose your race bonuses and race ability/s.

Make it that the race bonuses (the percentage bonus, positive or negative, upon things such as income, scouting, food production for each race etc) have to total up to 0 as usual, and there is a limit of -100% to +100%, but besides that you can set it as you wish. And also have the option of choosing whatever race ability you want, or even two that you want.

An example may be that you choose to be a stoat, and you set your offense, build, troop production and mercs bonuses really high, at the expense of things like loyalty and leadership  (a kind of super indy setting), and also choose to have the lizard's fortify ability, and the foxes ability to cloak net.
Contrary to common expectations for a stoat, you could then be cloaking the networth of your massive army! Whenever someone is a fox these days, people assume they are cloaking net and espionage them straight away, there isn't really a chance to hide it, whereas you could with this.
And when you revolt to a different race you are able to completely change your race bonus settings and abilities (except revolts would have to be limited to a maximum of 1 every 3 days or something to avoid abuse of being able to change from one super powerful strat to anther).

Optional extras could include:
-At various intervals in the game (maybe 2 or 3 times throughout the round), everyone is given an extra 30% or so to add to their race bonuses, so its kind of like the race ladder where you become more powerful as the round progresses.
- Have several emps of varying strength, and whoever kills them recieves a reward of **% to add to race bonuses.

Perhaps this would be infinitely difficult to program  :P  but I think it would be pretty cool.

The Lady Shael

krazilec: The only reason we don't have more than two servers up is because in the past, we've had problems with exceeding our CPU limit, which causes our site to be shut down for several hours. I'm willing to try it again since it's been awhile since we've gotten that message, but I don't think the staff has any motive at this time to add another server (besides Peace, for Commanders =p)

Briar: A game chat has been talked about years....but obviously nothing's been done about it. Hopefully someday. =)

Heh, and an automatic refresh. I would love that too, but that would....hm. Actually now that I think about it I don't think it would be TOO much work. But I'd have to do some research, I'll see what I can do over spring break.

Marell: I don't think that has been suggested before, and don't worry, I love it when people think outside the box. =) That's what I'm here for, to bring people back down to earth. =p

That sounds like a really neat idea though. It might need some tweaking to ensure it won't get out of hand in any way (like keeping the revolt feature in at all makes me uneasy), and it certainly requires slightly more reprogramming than the usual Turbo theme, but it sounds interesting. Can we get another staff member to comment?
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

What about my idea :(
killfeasts obviously still not approved*cries* :'(

Ashyra Nightwing

...Was Commanders that round with unlimited/almost unlimited turns? Because that was good. :D

I like Marell's idea, too.

Shadow

Over at FAF, we are trying to revamp the game to get activity back up, and a really cool idea came up that might make for a fun turbo theme here. It would take quite a bit of work to set up, but it's something to think about anyway.

Basically, the idea is loans. We make a loan market in the public market section of the game, with the price as the interest rate. People could put their cash on the market, with an interest rate set, and other people could take these loans out and would pay interest and a certain percentage of the loan back automatically each turn. If interest rates were about 5%, you could earn 500 million on a 10 billion loan. There are a few things that would have to be in place so that people won't store cash on here - basically, it should be set up so that you can't take cash off the loan market once it is on there, the only way to get it back is to have someone accept your loan and pay the interest on it.

There is lots more balancing and such, but what do you think? This idea was first put forward by an FAF member and has been revived recently by myself and another member there.

Firetooth

I like, it'd be something intresting and new.

Red Fang

It sounds good but what if somebody takes out a loan and they died, would the loan die with them?

Shadow

Yeah, just like real life - you take a risk by giving out loans, and you are paid for that risk in interest. We worked out a possible credit rating system, where you start at a rating of 100, and for every turn you don't have enough to pay your per turn amount, your rating drops one point, and for every 550 turns you go without losing a point, you gain a point. Then interest would be something like:

(100 * base rate) / your rating

so for example if the asked interest was 5%, and your rating is 75, you pay 500/75 = 6.67%. We could cap it at 50 on the low end and 150 at the high end so we dont get wierd errors as well. Once your rating his 50 you can't take out new loans are are paying double interest on all your current outstanding loans.

Another option for the rating system is to drop one point for every, say, 500 million cash you borrow - that way you sould max out at 25 bil borrowed, but would be paying ridiculously high interest, so most people would probably stop around 10 bil. And you could gain a point for every, i dunno, 50 turns you go without borrowing new cash. Or you could base the specific numbers on net worth - higher net worth means you can borrow more cash with less penalty to your rating.

I would like to stress that this is not entirely my idea - the specifics are mine, but credit for the basic loaning idea goes to FAF.

Actually this could be a really cool way to revitalise the market - if we set it up so that your rating goes up when you spend on marketed goods, people will be much more inclined to buy from the public market. Heck, we could get a flow of cash happening around the game instead of it all being saved up through the round.

The Lady Shael

What do you guys think about having a similar round to the one now, with a storehouse, but instead of having a distribution day, the storehouse is always open and the clan leader can remove any amount of resources from the storehouse at any time. There would be a time restriction that prevents them from removing stuff too frequently.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Juska

Storehouse that can withdrawn daily is basically a simplified way of good clan teamwork, but much safer and easier. I'd vote no.

I love Marell's idea. Customizable races yes please!
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19