STRUCTURES

Started by Twillight, February 17, 2003, 09:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twillight

Goody. Structures. another important issue in the game.

if you're still under protection, mass up on some troops and towers- but concentrate on markets. markets=good.

Barracks: duh. Having a couple o' thousand is fine.

Camps; Make up for networth loss- have about 2.5 camps for every three barracks. (My cauculator never lies).

Tents: Mass up on them- a lot.

Foragers: Improving net is everyday stuff if you have around 500 of these. Some empires are consisted totally of foood!

Guard Towers: Towers are your best friend. Mass up on them.

Anyone has different ways of looking at buildings?

0==)==D=A=R=K=S=H=A=D=O=W=S=>

~*Former Member of Rakkar*~

~*Former Member of Union *~

~*Former Diplomat of SilverJuska*~

PROUD MEMBER OF RENEGADES OF FROST AND FIRE

~Fate of all fates...I am that is to be feared...
~Do not mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.~
I do not suffer from insanity. I'm insane- and I LOVE IT!

Menatus

On the old server I had 5,000 barracks with 30,000 camps.

On the new server I have 5,000 barracks with 200 camps.

Holby

QuoteCamps allow you to reduce your military expenses by more efficiently housing your units. They will also lower the price of mercenaries. Those first two benefits do not increase once you have 30%Camps. Camps also increase the rate at which more mercenaries are available.

*Shrug* I don't see camps as very important.
I will not deleted this

Badrang the Tyrant

I only have camps if i dont know what else to build at the moment, or i just need to buy troops

calria

*growls at tents, camps, and towers*
I have none, and my economy is lovely, thank yee veddy muchly

Abby The Rat

Errr..... You need tents, everyone does.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

calria

they cramp my style...

remind me again why I should have tents?

Stormclaw

Because although Markets increase the amount of money contributed to your empire by each worker, you need tents to get more workers. More tents = MORE MONEY.
A Departed Hero...

The First Emperor, Stormclaw, called by history The Noble, Longest-Ruling of the Eight.

Germania 4

I always thought markets had a base value for income. Tents increased population for the tax gain which led to being soley affected by the tax rate.

So what your saying is that income from markets is not a base value but is dependant on workers. Which would explain the wierd number I got from my calculations?

calria

oooooooooooooooo money....
*drools*
*makes picket signs advocating tents*
Build more tents, my minions! Build!

Bogfoot

Guhh... I remember being Bogfoot at one point.... I had like 40,000 barracks or more... And... 200 camps..... Hmmm... Perhaps that's why my economy always stunk? And in constantly trying to help my economy, I had around 100,000 markets..... I also had like 60,000 guards..... And like 25,000 huts.. With that many huts, I don't think I could have done any leader stuff, but remember--back then there was no different locations, so no having to prepare raiders, also, there was no heal, or special species ability... I found no need for any stuff at the General's Hut.. So, I was racking in the leaders, and loyalty, while not having to worry about annoying 'mission foiled's..... So, with that strategy, I ended up having an awesome army, while having a horrible economy, so I usually had a much much larger army than anyone else with around the same networth........ And that's good

I'll sum it all up: Build Barracks

Of course, you probably have to be a great player like me to use this strategy correctly and get a successful result.

~Bogfoot/Grenaulk

The Lady Shael

Hehe, once on the old server I had around 80,000 markets, and 300 camps...I was doing fine...gaining 5 mil dollars a turn too...

I mostly build up on tents, barracks, a little foragers, and resist the urge to build huts. And guards, of course.  :D  I have, like, twice as many guards than everything else.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Menatus

On the old server right now I have 60,000 markets and 200 camps and I gain 7,000,000 on loot. But I was loosing 17,000,000 earlier.

Mysterious Guy

LOL. Twilight, basically you're just saying: "Mass up on everything." Which is impossible, of course. LOL

The all-barrack, many-hut, no-economy strat carried Warhammer into No.1 on the new server... Basically.

Orcrist

Hmmm....no- the best strategy definetely shouldn't use that many towers OR camps. You should have enough troops that you don't need to deal with these economy killers.....mage towers are VERY useful- alot of leaders=alot of troops you can kill of your enemies........
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant