Tiny Font

Started by Trogdor 22, February 05, 2004, 10:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

Oooh...  Biggishness..  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Trogdor 22

tiny font is stealthy, like ninjas :ph34r:
Hooray for Santa!
user posted image

IFman

tiny font is stealthy, like ninjas
Actually, it isn't  
I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.

Trogdor 22

Exploring Footers
by Bobby van der Sluis
With old-school table layout methods, vertical positioning is a piece of cake. With CSS layout, it's a piece of something else. New ALA contributing writer Bobby van der Sluis shows how to regain control of footers and other vertically positioned layout elements via CSS, JavaScript, and the DOM.

JavaScript Image Gallery
by Jeremy Keith
Making an online gallery of pictures should be a quick process. The gap between snapping some pictures and publishing them on the web ought to be a short one. Here's a quick and easy way of making a one-page gallery that uses JavaScript to load images and their captions on the fly.

W3C fixes CSS validator
Over the weekend, the W3C acted promptly to fix the bug in the CSS validator that wrongly declared many correctly authored CSS layouts to be invalid. Let them know you appreciate their work.

New Tourdates announced. Junior Senior are playing the Coachella Festival in California on the 1st of May. Also two shows with the B-52's in New Orleans and Austin (As part of the SXSW festival)in March. They will also play their first show in Mexico City. See Tourdates for more information.

You can now order Junior Senior T-shirts from anywhere in the world through bandmad.com

Cleveland newspaper Plain Dealer picked "D-d-don't don't stop the beat" as the album of the year beating both Outkast and White Stripes. San Francisco newspaper the Sunday Chronicle put "Move your feet" as single of the year calling it "the best song EVER!"

Junior Senior are performing 2 songs on Jools Holland's 11th Annual Hootenanny on BBC2 (UK) tonight between 11 pm-01 am. There will be reruns in the new year. Happy new year.

More US "album lists of the year" for Junior Senior. Rolling Stone Magazine put them among their top 50 best albums, Entertaintment Weekly as well and the New York Observer a #5! US Music Critque website Pitchforkmedia.com put "Move your feet" to #5 and the album #36. "Move your Feet" went to #17 on the end of year NME list and to a great #3 in Attitude Magazine. "D-d-don't don't stop the beat" was in Daily Telegraph's critics choices for the best of 2003.

US news: Junior Senior's Album "D-D-Don't Don't stop the Beat" made it to a very impressive nr. 11 on Blender Magazine (2nd biggest music mag in the US) best albums of the year list and to nr. 6 on their best singles of the year list. Read and see the great US tour diary made by their drummer Yebo HERE

Junior Senior are supporting Electric Six at Brixton Academy, London on the 9th of December.

"IMA Robot" is going to support Junior Senior on the second leg of the current US tour. Check Tourdates for more info.

US news: 8 new tourdates have been added to the westcoast and mid-west. Check tourdates for more details. (note these dates are without "Electric Six")

"Move your feet" has been nominated for video of the year at the prestigious Q awards by the Q readers. The winner will be announced this thursday at an award ceremony in London.

New US dates with "Electric Six" added in Atlanta, Charlotte & Washington. More to come.

US News: Junior Senior is on Jimmy Kimmel live show tonight (ABC) and the Tom Green show Thursday night (MTV).

US news: San Francicso instore performance and signing this Saturday, September 6 at 1 pm. Tower Records, 2280 Market St (corner of Market/Noe). The new album was highlighted as the "Critics Choice" in this week's People Magazine. 3 new dates added to the Autumn tour, more to come. More tv performances also coming up.

The Craig Kilborn Junior Senior performance will air this Wednesday, August 20 on CBS. Jimmy Kimmel Live show (ABC) on 9/3 is confirmed. X-tra and Access Hollywood both on NBC aired during the end of the month. Will keep you updated of exact times.

Lots of new US tour dates with Detroit band "Electric Six", more to come. Check Tourdates

US news: Late Show with Craig Kilborn (CBS) is postponed to next week because of the eastcoast blackout. Jimmy Kimmel Live show (ABC) on 9/3 is confirmed. X-tra and Acess Hollywood both on NBC next week. E! entertaintment news aired yesterday.

More US tv shows coming up. Next week Junior Senior will be playing at the Late Show with Craig Kilborn on CBS, Friday August 15th at 00:35 am (EST) and on the new Sharon Osbourne Show to be aired in September.

Junior Senior are performing on US Fox tv morning show Regis and Kelly this morning and on NBC show at Last Call with Carson Daly Wednesday night. More TV shows to be confirmed this week.

Junior Senior entered the UK single chart at #22 with "Rhythm Bandits". Thanks to all who bought the single.

LONDON INSTORE SIGNING AND PERFORMANCE . On Monday 28th July, HMV Oxford Street, 6pm. Hope to see you there.

Junior Senior fans around the world, it's time to join forces and vote for Junior Senior at the MTV show Total Request Live (TRL) It's really easy and every vote counts... Vote HERE. Also check out the Junior Senior e-card HERE

Forthcoming UK Tv apperences performing new single "Rhythm Bandits" confirmed: Popworld on Sunday the 20th of July. RI:SE morning tv on the 24th of July, Saturday TOTP Show on 26th July. Graham Norton show same week.

The "Move your Feet" video by Shynola has been added to MTV Buzzworthy in the US. TRL here we come!!! New Sacramento date in September.

"Rhythm Bandits" is on fresh rotation on MTV Nordic this week, showing it 65 times!

New UK single "Rhythm Bandits" added to Radio1's B-list. Out on the 28th of July. The "Move your feet" video has just been added to MTV2 in the US. New US west coast tourdates, more to be confirmed soon. Album released in the US on August the 5th.

Hey Hey My My.... This is Junior. I actually don't know who usaully writes these News things but there is something I need to say since nobody else is writing it: THE PARIS SHOW HAS BEEN CANCELLED UNFORTUNATLY. sorry, Parisians.
By the way, to all of you who came and saw us at Glastonbury: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING IT SUCH A SPECIAL SPECIAL CONCERT. I will remember this to the day I die.

Junior Senior are proud to announce they are playing in Central Park , New York City on August the 3rd with the Sparks, so beat the clock and be there at 7 pm (19hrs).

More dates added. 3 date tour of the US later this month, more UK dates and Swedish festival Hulstfred added as well. Go to News & Tour section to see all dates. There is a feature on Jr Sr. on MTV US website, go here

New festival dates added for the UK, Germany, Norway and the Netherlands, more to come. Check "News & Tour" for more info. About 100 new pictures added as well. The Jools Holland performance is aired on BBC2 on the 3rd of May in the UK.

Paris date added taking place this Tuesday (22nd) at the "La Boule Noire" at 8 o'clock. Spanish dates also added, check tourdates.

We have been asked to perform on TOTP for the second time since we're in the top 5 again! Aired in the UK on friday night and in Europe on BBC Prime Saturday afternoon. We will also perform on CD:UK tv show saturday morning on Channel 4. Don't miss it.

Today we got our 4th chart position in the UK, and "Move Your Feet" is back in the Top 5 on the singles chart after last weeks no. 6. The song is currently the third most played on British radio! And our album has recieved great reviews: 5 out of 5 stars in Sunday Express, 4 out of 5 in both Q and Uncut, 8 out of 10 in NME, 5 stars in The Times and so on...We love it!

Today "Move your feet" moved up to number 3 on the official UK singles Chart! Our album "D-D-Don't Don't Stop the Beat" is out in the UK today.

Today "Move your feet" entered the official UK singles Chart at number 4! It's a dream come true, so share a glass of champagne with us in your homes. Don't forget our album "D-D-Don't Don't Stop the Beat" is out in the UK next monday March the 10th.

"Move your feet" is released in the UK tommorow the 24th of Feb. We will perform at the Graham Norton TV show on Tuesday night (Channel 4). We visit the Jo Whiley Live Lounge on BBC Radio 1 and later XFM's Zoe Ball session, both on Wednesday.

NME Single of the Week. "Move your feet" is single of the week in UK music paper New Musical Express this week, Yeah! There is also a full page of JrSr in this months issue of THE FACE. You can catch us in UK TV breakfast show RI:SE (channel 4) early Thursday morning, be there!

Sweet sweet UK-stuff: There is a great review in this weeks Music Week - but also: Move Your Feet is no. 1 on both the "Upfront Club Chart Top 40" (most popular tune in UK clubs) and no. 1 on the "Pre-release Airplay top 20" (most played, still to be released song on UK radio stations)!

There is a full page in colours in this weeks' issue of NME. Interview and a huge picture!

We are added to Radio 1's playlist (C-rotation) with "Move Your Feet" - the single dotmusic.com has called 2003's probably "first perfect pop single" and rates 10 out of 10! Thank you guys!!! They also review our recent gig at The Metro, London.

"Move Your Feet" is "Record of the week" all week long on the Radio1 (UK) Jo Whiley show (Mon-Fri 11am-13.45 CET), a radio show with millions of listeners and previously visited by The Strokes and Eminem. Junior Senior is also A-playlisted on student radio stations across the UK and London's XFM.

Danish Music Award has nominated Jr/Sr in the following catagories: Best Group, Best New Act & Best Single.

We won 3 catagories in danish music mag GAFFA as voted by the readers. We won the following: Best New Act, Best Single & Best Video. We'd like to give a big hug and a cool shoutout to everyone who voted. THANKS. We'll do our best in the future.

NME gives Junior Senior a great live review in this weeks issue! Go buy it or read it on Seniors Page

Today our album "d-d-don't don't stop the beat" is released in Sweden. Swedish newspaper "aftonbladet" put us in their top 10 of hot newcomers of 2002 among names like the Streets, Tweet & the Libertines. Read it here (swedish only)

We are aware that the grafitti saying "listen & veiw" is misspelled. The musicplayer is currently not active. This will change very soon. please let us know if things arent working as they should, but please be patience as there is always a bit of startup problems.

Watch our performance of "Move your feet" on UK TV show Born Sloppy with host Sara Cox. If you live in the UK you can win a trip to see us in Rotterdam on the link above. There is a repeat on wednesday the 25th, Channel 4 at 02.20 am. (early 26th)

Tune into P3 (link to netplayer) on the 25th of Dec. at 12.20 - 14.00 pm. and hear Junior Senior play some of their favorite records. Don't miss it.

Yeah! Last night we won our second award ever, when Danish National Radio handed out their P3 Awards. Since "Move Your Feet" is the most played song in 2002, we got an award in the categori "Hit of the Year".

"D-d-don't don't stop the beat" is turning on the NME (New Musical Express) stereo according to their current issue (out Nov. 27th). YEAH!

There's a new 4 page article in UK style mag "Dazed and Confused" about Junior Senior this month. (issue 95) read it here, page 1 2 3 4

We won our first award ever! Yesterday we won the Chili award (danish youth magazine) for best new danish act.

Swedish girl Klara has started a Junior Senior fanclub called "we're the kids who dig what they do!" So if you want more pictures, gossip etc. go join it here

Junior Senior are performing on US Fox tv morning show Regis and Kelly this morning and on NBC show at Last Call with Carson Daly Wednesday night. More TV shows to be confirmed this week.

CALENDER
The Astoria, NME Night, London, UK

House of Blues, New Orleans, US (w/B52s)

Stubbs, SXSW, Austin, US (w/B52s)

Salon 21, Mexico City, MX

Club Quattro, Osaka, JP

Club Quattro, Nagoya, JP

Club Quattro, Tokyo, JP

Club Quattro, Tokyo, JP

Coachella Festival, California, US

JOIN THE MAILING LIST
Get updates from Junior Senior:

THE J+S CONTACT INFO
North American Management:
Ian Zaider
IZ Management, Inc.
30 Irving Place, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10003
Tel (212) 614-0946
Fax (212) 614-0947
info@iz-management.com

European Management:
Paul Craig / James Sandom
SuperVision Management Ltd
109X Regents Park Road
London
N.W.1. 8.U.R.
(T) 0207 916 3303
(F) 0207 916 3302
info@supervisionmgt.com

North American Bookings:
Jon Pleeter
The Agency Group
8490 Sunset Boulevard, Suite 403
Los Angeles, CA 90069
Tel: (310) 360-0771
Fax: (310) 360-0721 jon.p@theagencygroup.com

European bookings:
Paul Buck
The Agency Group
361-373 City Road
London
EC1V 1PQ
Tel: (207) 278 3331
Fax: (207) 837 4672
paul.b@theagencygroup.com

Danish bookings:
Kubi Booking
c/o Jessica Tolf Vulpius, Studiestraede 24
1455 Copenhagen K, Denmark
Phone +45 33 11 54
Fax +45 33 11 60 69
kubi@crunchy.dk

Crunchy Frog - Danish Label:
Studiestraede 24, 1455 Copenhagen K, Denmark
Phone +45 33 11 54 11
Fax +45 33 11 60 69
info@crunchy.dk

THE JUNIOR SENIOR LABELS
Crunchy Frog in Denmark.
Atlantic Records in the US
Universal Records in Europe

THANK YOU
Sune Christiansen for graffiti sketches (from the frontpage).
PMK graphix of logo and various.

NAVIGATE:
NEWS & TOUR
LISTEN & VIEW
J&S RELEASES
SENIORS PAGE
JUNIORS BOX
THE J|S FORUM
J+S PICTURES
ARCADE HALL
FREE GOODIES
GET UPDATES
HOME

Playlouder.com review
D-d-don't Don't Stop The Beat
Junior Senior
Crunchy Frog

Rated 4 1/2 out of 5

Britpop was great, wasn't it? Apart, that is, from its unforgivable legacy - namely, that, since then, a genuinely upsetting proportion of so-called "alternative" bands have worked on the conclusion that merely Xeroxing consensus rock bands'll do. News flash: IT WON'T. "Indie-dance" might be something of a double-barrelled swear word these days thanks to the corporate co-option of the toilet circuit and the commercial near-collapse of post-acid, but there's been many a time in recent years when we'd've given our right arm for an album as loved-up and downright reckless as 'Screamadelica' or 'Pills'n'Thrills...'. Which is why we're typing this review left-handed...
That's not to say, of course, that Danish duo Junior Senior are kick-starting an early 90s revival - far from it. But 'D-d-don't Don't Stop The Beat' is, as its title would lead you to hope, a no-holds-barred, boundary-free party, stuffed to the gills with beautiful swinginess and up-for-it hunger, and, although somewhat ludicrous in parts ('Shake Your Coconuts', for instance, is a blend of daft salaciousness, glam guitars, and funk redolent of early Modern Romance. Er, what?), it's a right little pic-a-nic basket of delights. There's enough garage on show for the fashionistas, especially in the album's second half, with 'Boy Meets Girl' enjoying a quick goose of the psychedelic arse and 'White Trash' gibbering away in a deliciously cheap amphetaminic manner, but the odd couple have far more ideas than your average leathery sweatpig chancer, being neither leathery, chancy, nor average. We make no promises on the sweatpiggery front, mind you. Just hear how 'Rhythm Bandits' flings its pork pie hat on the floor and wrestles with it, consider the way 'Shake Me Baby' feels like something little Stevie Wonder might've written for the Monkees, and weep excitably as the anthemic 'Go Junior, Go Senior' flirts with the kind of tartrazine electro that many thought had died with early bis. Yeah-ah!
You notice how we've made it this far without even mentioning 'Move Your Feet'? That's how great a record this is, and, once the confusion of early listens wears off, the sheer volume of, well, stuff going on is overwhelmingly adorable. More than anyone else at the minute, Junior Senior sound like they're in love with both the sound of the underground and 'Sound Of The Underground', and s/he who doesn't like the thought of that doesn't like much, do they? Gleeful, glorious, and utterly unique; start building your shrine to these boys NOW...
Iain Moffat

Rolling Stone Review by Editor David Fricke
Junior is straight. Senior is gay. Junior sings, writes most of the songs, plays instruments and co-produced this platter of powerhouse candy. Senior sings, claps his hands and brings the vibe. Together, this Danish duo (on the same label that first brought you the Raveonettes) put happy feet on hard-rock guitars and sample-delia, like Wham! getting stupid in a Miami disco with the Donnas and the Chemical Brothers. The songs are all about motion ("Go Junior, Go Senior," "Rhythm Bandits," "Shake Your Coconuts"), and they all deliver. The dead-ringer-Michael Jackson aria in "Move Your Feet" is really Thomas Troelsen of the Danish band Superheroes. It's so good, Jacko will wish he'd been there. (From RS 917, March 6, 2003)

Dotmusic.com Live Review
JUNIOR SENIOR
Gig played on Thu 23 Jan 2003
Venue : Metro, London

Squeezing into London's tiny Metro club presents something of a challenge on most nights of the week, but tonight it's virtually impossible. Despite the fact that Danish duo Junior Senior are yet to release any material in this country, the place is packed (and probably over its legal-capacity) on the strength of reputation and limited radio airplay of a killer pop single.
Junior Senior are not your average rock band - musically it's intriguingly hard to fit them into any definable category and image-wise, they're also in a world of their own. Junior is petite and fresh-faced, with chiselled good looks, whilst Senior is tall and slightly overweight, with a great big moustache (and a fetish for colourful sun visors). Their music ranges from pop, to rock, to funk, to disco and soul, but just like their image, Junior Senior's obvious extremes come together and end up making perfect sense.

The band - who also feature a guitarist with a huge afro, a strangely normal looking drummer and two female backing singers - kick into gear with the call to arms, 'Go Junior Go Senior'. Immediately, the strong Danish contingent in the crowd spring into action with such affection that it's impossible to resist the enveloping tide.
By the time criminally addictive current single, 'Move Your Feet', explodes, the evening has taken on the atmosphere of a private party - the crowd smug in the knowledge they're enjoying this up-close before the rest of the world catches on. Senior handing over the microphone to the frenzied front row only adds to this intimacy.

Having worked their way through album tracks including 'Shake Your Coconuts', 'Good Girls Bad Boys' and the excellent 'Rhythm Bandits', the band move on to an inspired version of 'Twist & Shout'. Senior's rap gives a new lease of life to the verse, whilst Junior's chorus is so Beatles-esque that John Lennon may as well be in the room. But the real genius comes when the song breaks to give way to a cover of Salt 'n' Pepa's 'Push It'. Eclectic is an understatement.
Rounding off their 40 minute set with 'White Trash' - dedicated to 'Essex Wives' - it's fair to say that Junior Senior leave the venue triumphant - their music and energy having filled the club more successfully than any crowd-control problem ever could.

Jodie Morris

Drowned in Sound live review
Junior Senior
the venue: London Metro
the date: Thu 23rd Jan 2003

Many a soul could be seen skulking around London in the latter half of this week. Invariably it was because they didn't have a ticket to see the Flaming Lips' psychedelic extravaganza on their two-night sojourn to Kentish Town. But for others it was no matter, because for them, there was only one place where the party was at.
The Metro, never the most appealing of places, is packed out, heaving and pretty f**king grim with it with it. However, there are some things that people will endure worsened conditions for and Junior Senior are, at the moment, certainly one of those entities. The vibe is balls-out, punch-the-air excitement, the music is spazzmo whiteboy scando-hop with a big dose of seventies rock-love. Junior, a diminutive love god offering all kinds of guitar sexsmithery, shares vocals with Senior, a giant of a man who, resplendent in the tackiest of multicoloured visors, looks like an oversized CareBear version of Doves' Jimi Goodwin. Between them and their backing band (stars in their own rights), they indemnify this West End hole against its own grimness, showering it with enough unselfconscious delight to render the place a sunshinin' marvel of salacious grooving hedonism.
The duo exchange idiotboy word play on themes as lowbrow as you could hope for, dedicating 'White Trash' to "the greatest show we've ever seen; Essex Wives!". It should be tiresome, but it is utterly brilliant. Recent Radio 1 humping hit 'Move Your Feet' is unsurprisingly the best received song of the evening, but by far the most glorious is their warped and utterly joyful version of 'Twist and Shout' which segues into an industrially charged 'Push It'. The crowd, unsurprisingly, goes nuts. As Junior crashes out a final chord with a frankly majestic flying scissor kick, Senior tosses his microphone into the crowd, and it finishes as chaotically as it began.
Princess Superstar has nothing on this boys; all hail the best electro/glam/hip hop/trash/pop/rock/party band in the world.

Gareth Dobson

NME Live Review
Junior Senior
The Monarch, Camden
London

"We wanna look good, but in a bad way" is Swedish duo Junior Senior's battle cry. A gleeful mash-up of the Cramps, Run-DMC, Gonzales and the Ramones. Junior Senior are here to take your body and teach it how to dance again.
Senior, a larger than life Jimi Goodwin sporting a two-tone visor, and Junior - Mark Owen with a haircut and some Sun-In - are a match made in Studio 54 heaven. Plus, they make Peaches look like a Sunday school teacher, introducing songs with lines like, "this one is about chicks and lance and everything in-between" and namechecking themselves every other second.
With their "Hey Mickey!" handclaps and hip-hop fried "Twist And Shout" beats, JS are plain irresistible. It's no surprise that the mentalist punka-disco stylings of "Move your Feet" were played 'til the vinyl melted by Fatboy Slim at this year's Miami Music Conference. It's Ibiza in winter, it's seedy CBGB's, it's multi-textured funk that you can't help but smile at.
"We wanna be like Nancy and Lee" they shriek. Almost there guys, almost there.
Leonie Cooper, NME

Hooray for Santa!
user posted image

Nohcnonk

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  

Rocc Arrem

serious SPAMMMMMMMMM! someone close this
Rocc Arrem, greatest swordsbeast in all the Northlands,father of  Trisscar Swordmaid!
Rocc Arrem #63

I love cats I have one that fetches

Cool People:
Nohc
Gen. Volkolv
Guthorm Swordmaster
Wolf Bite
Boar the Fighter

Admin Are Gods

How DO you do that?!
Retto is cool. If you don't think so, then DON'T SAY ANYTHING! IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, DON'T SAY IT!

The One And Only Plushie! (Thanks Tugwolf!)
Donuts, anyone? (Thanks Alice!)

Ruatine

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Nohcnonk

ROFL  CLOSE THE SPAM TOPIC, SOMEONE SPAMMED!!! :lol:  :ph34r:  :D  :lol:  :ph34r:  :D  :lol:  :ph34r:  :D  :P