the bonus target strat

Started by Gorak, October 12, 2010, 12:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorak

this is a purely clan based strat I often employ.
And it exactly is what the name implies.

this works best with indy I find, as a good indy can recover faster and easier then a leaderer, and fast recovery is essential.
The basis of this strat is... cannon fodder.
Your whole purpose is to divert attention away from your main net holders and waste as many of  your opponents turns and resources as possible on you instead.

this requires you to be self sufficient, as any aid sent to you will surely be lost, and it also requires you to be able to make fast net and recover quickly from a beat down.

If you are a good, solid, self sufficient indy, the first part should not be too much of a problem. After that, it's have fun. STD, Sack, online, send derogatory msg's, ect. What ever it takes to stir up the hornets nest (provided you are already at war)
Then, make sure to leave yourself with lots of land and high networth to make yourself a juicy target. and don't forget to have an even spread of troops and atleast half a million leaders to inflict heavy casualties on who ever takes the bait.
Then watch as your clan grows because the members whom you are defending go pretty much untouched.

This doesn't work on everyone, but you would be surprised how many do fall into this trap/cycle and ignore the real threat of your clan.

I've been using this strat off and on for many years, and it's always been effective
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.