A few questions

Started by Derfasciti, May 12, 2005, 09:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derfasciti

What exactly do guards, border patrol, etc. do?

I read the turbo topic and what exactly is group 1,2,3, etc. and whats with the strategies like half, quarter, random, etc.? It seems that they are troop groupings and they go and attack in different order when an attack is made. This part really confuses me...

Condense Turns Output?
Condense Missions Output?

And what are custom fields?

Sorry for all the questions, this game system is much different from the last time I played.

Blademaster

Ok I can explain a little bit about attack groups:

Say you have 100 rats and you decide to attack in 2 groups of 50% you split the attack in half allowing you to do more damage and take more land but you will sufure more causlites because the 2 groups are weaker. This is good if you have a much better army then them.So 4 groups of 25% splits your army into 4 even groups

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong
My warlord name is Bladefang(#536) and I am proudly in the Mythic clan
Halo 2 rules!
And so dose New Zealand
My old fourm account was Oscar(the guy wth the smiley face for an avatar) but I didn't have Internet for a couple of months and forgot the password

wolf bite

Yea, but there was a lot asked in that one post of his and you are a bit sidesways on how they work. Let me see if I can clarify.

Condense turns is simply when you are doing the same thing a lot of times and don?t want it all printed out, only a summery of how those turns went. Like looting 20 times would only show one loot that has the value of 20.

Custom fields is a programming thing that can take your information and use programmed math to tell you more information. Such as have your leaders per land ratio on your main page. This is complicated to use and few do. It does not make you stronger or change the way your account plays, only tells math freaks like me other ways to look at the same information.

The attack groups are a bit more complicated. I had written a long thing about it once, but can?t find it. Think of your enemy having 4 sides to his castle and 25% of his army is always standing on each side. If you only put in the type of attack (ie: Frontal) and the enemy, you will have ? of your army attack each wall of the enemy, this is normal play. If your army is stronger, then you win the most land possible. On the other hand, if you really want a particular enemy and they have a stronger army, you can tell your army to only attack on 2 sides, so your chances are better that they will win, however since you also lost on the 2 sides you did not attack on, you will only get half the land. The ?random, half, etc.? are just preprogrammed attack strategies that save time from entering it. Again this feature (although handy sometimes) is rarely used. If you decide to use this feature, do not use the special attacks like ?dive, capture, etc.? on groups that you are not attacking on as you will be badly beaten and could actually lose land.

Re reading that post on borders may make more sense now.

I hope I did not confuse you more. Hehe.

Please ask all the Questions you want. Getting people to do their best makes a better game.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles