Need tips

Started by Derfasciti, December 17, 2005, 06:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derfasciti

I plan to start really playing tomorrow. Any good tips on how I should build and attack, etc.?
Any simple guidelines or guides I should follow?

wolf bite

I am sure a lot of people can help. You may want to read some of the posts in the strategys forum, because that is were we post them. You can look back far to find advice. Also My Journal (being re-writen)  is a must read.

This topic will be moved to strategys, don't worry, it sometimes takes some time for people to know were we put things.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

windhound

'wolfs journal' is missing again wolf, linky is broke.  graffiti is an aweful place to host anything other than piccys..  extremely low bandwidth..  prehaps retto could put it on the rovl server?

but yeah
on Turbo your first few turns dont matter really, as they replentish quickly
on reg be more careful, as turns come slower

on both use like 199 turns then Stop and wait for full turns, as its a good thing to have
go to manage army, pick a troop type, and set it to 100%  simple massing is the easist way.  I do not suggust weasels, but all other troop types are workable
barracks make troops, markets cash, foragers food, and if you'll use them huts leaders..  thoes are really the only structures to bother with..

our game guide is busted pretty bad, but the guys over at FAF (more or less a spinoff of our RWL) are working on their guide and its coming together quite well  http://faf.staronesw.com/  go check it out (link to 'New Guide' on the sidebar), the games are based off the same original code.  FAF has a few more features and RWL has a few different ones, but its all basically the same  (not really advertising for them, you've gotta admit our guide is aweful..  atleast they're working on theirs)

but yeah, if you have a question we'll be happy to help..  and dont mind the 'fatal errors' that spring up from time to time..  I believe retto used them for debugging and never bothered to remove them, but it bothers some people..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Holby

Graffiti is lousy, only because if you don't log in for 3 months, you lose everything you have hosted. The 100MB space doesn't really bother me.
I will not deleted this

Juska

Get a job at a restuarant.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19