Halloween!

Started by The Lady Shael, October 23, 2011, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharptooh

Quote from: Rakefur on October 23, 2011, 07:39:35 PM
Hey neither do I. i think it's a stupid holiday. Not to mention it's possible roots in paganism.

Pretty much every major Christian holiday has roots in Paganism if you can be bothered enough to look hard enough

What has a fat guy riding on a flying sled then coming down your Chimney and putting presents under a decorated pine tree got to do with Jesus' death?

What has a fluffy rabbit and eggs have to do with Jesus' birth?

And can you point to a reference to a birthday celebration in the bible by someone other than the villains?

Quote from: Pippin on October 26, 2011, 02:17:17 PM
you cant live off soup for a month

You can live off of nothing but water for around a month, if not more, I'm not even trolling  :D

And Neo is a clever guy, Volky too, listen to their wisdom gained (in Volkys case) through decades of experience

Genevieve

Muse

They do. Nuttin but soop.

And I belive by twenty year teaching civilization teacher knows what hes talking about Volkov. So yes I do know.
Stop! Don't touch me there,
this is my private square!

Neobaron

"Those who can't do, teach."

Also, if your "civilization" teacher had enough skill, he would be teaching something more than 7th (?) grade "civilization."

Sad but true.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Neobaron

Further, you realize you are effectively saying something along these lines;

"I heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy who read it in a book at some point i dont know but im going to take his word for it and [darn] everyone who disagrees because clearly my second or third level heresay is more likely to be correct than someone elses direct experience or learning."
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Gen. Volkov

Quoteyou cant live off soup for a month

You'd be surprised what you can live off of, and for how long you can do it. Humans are pretty tough, in some ways. Amazingly fragile in others.

QuoteAnd I belive by twenty year teaching civilization teacher knows what hes talking about Volkov. So yes I do know.

Has he been to Israel? Iraq? My guess is, probably not. So what he says is really no more valid than your opinion. Furthermore, he probably only has a Bachelor's degree, and almost certainly in teaching, with perhaps a minor in history. So he's no more qualified than I am to talk about Iraq and Israel. Probably less so than me, since I actually bother to look things up. Like the fact that while marketing for stuff is different in Israel, they still have marketing. Example of what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1zJxyPPK8c

The amazingness of that video may blow your mind.

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sharptooh

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on October 26, 2011, 10:26:30 PM
Example of what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1zJxyPPK8c

*Mind explodes*

And I don't think you can really argue about marketing in Iraq, the economy there isn't great and most people live in poverty, hence mediums used to advertise in the states (internet, TV, mobile, radio) can't be used to advertise in Iraq, besides why would you anyway, the market there is tiny compared to other places like the states.

As has already been said muse this is probably more a case of where you live, than what religion you belong to.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteAnd I don't think you can really argue about marketing in Iraq, the economy there isn't great and most people live in poverty, hence mediums used to advertise in the states (internet, TV, mobile, radio) can't be used to advertise in Iraq, besides why would you anyway, the market there is tiny compared to other places like the states.

Hard to say, I imagine there is more marketing in Iraq than you might think. People still need to buy stuff, and merchants still need to sell stuff. I would agree that TV and internet marketing are probably pretty limited in Iraq.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Muse

Masters in World Civ or something of the sort and foughtnl in middle east in US army. I have a avery hardcore teacher.

Briar

Quote from: Sharptooh on October 26, 2011, 02:54:57 PM
What has a fat guy riding on a flying sled then coming down your Chimney and putting presents under a decorated pine tree got to do with Jesus' death?

What has a fluffy rabbit and eggs have to do with Jesus' birth?

I believe you have those backwards...unless that was your objective.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Gen. Volkov

QuoteMasters in World Civ or something of the sort and foughtnl in middle east in US army. I have a avery hardcore teacher.

Yes, because fighting in a war is totally like going to a country in peace time. I really doubt he has a Master's degree in "World Civilizations". They don't give them out for that. He probably has a degree in teaching, with a focus on either history or some form of social studies. Anyway, if he is saying there is no marketing in Israel, because they are Jewish, he clearly has no idea what he is talking about.

Muse

Um yes he does. Do you have a degree in world history or even teaching?

Rakefur

Volkov has a degree in anything you could think of, and much, much more.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Pippin

1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Gen. Volkov

QuoteUm yes he does. Do you have a degree in world history or even teaching?

I have a degree in biology, with a minor in history. Which qualifies me to teach a high school biology course,( I know that for sure) or a 7th grade history or biology course,(I'm pretty sure about the history bit) if I wanted to get a teaching license. My point was that a simple Google search proved that there is marketing in Israel. If I can disprove you, and thus I guess him that easily, then he doesn't have a clue.